Old 04-18-2005, 01:41 PM   #1  

Talking 20 something that needs a buddy

Hi! I'm 22 y/o, married, w/ no children, and I need a buddy. I work full time and commute an hour to work, so finding time to exercise can be difficult. Plus I have an overweight spouse that doesn't like eating "healthy" food. I need to lose 20-25 lbs, which may not seem like much, but it is SO hard. I've been watching what I eat and exercising, but I still haven't seen much results (at least on the scale. I feel better!) however, this weekend, I fell off the wagon. My husband and I met some friends at a Mexican restaurant. I ate my weights worth of chips. I can usually turn down the free bread when I go out, but not chips and salsa! It's so hard. I need a buddy (or two or three or more...) to help motivate me. (and I can help them too) I access the interent nearly every day, so I wouldn't be hard to reach.
kellbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #2  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hey, I'll be your buddy! I'm a 17 y/o young woman from Nebraska, I need to lose about 65 pounds. It's hard to get motivated!
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:11 PM   #3  

Hey Kellbee, my boyfreind is the exact same way. He is overweight as well and wont really go on a diet. So its hard for me to stay motivated. I absolutely love chips and salsa, thats one thing i cant resist. Send me a message so we can keep in touch.
jessicamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:33 PM   #4  

It is so depressing watching my hubby eat foods that I have sworn off. I've tried to work out every night, but the few times he's come with me, i've hated it. I try to get on the cross-trainer for 45 min, and twenty minutes into it, he's ready to go and starts bugging me. I've been trying to go alone. It's the odd! Someone who has to go alone to work out!
Lateralus98, it is really hard to get motivated, but it's all in your head. Every night, as I lathargically watch TV, I think "I can get up and work out, and I won't regret it" I know I'll regret it if I don't. As lame as it sounds, exercising will make you feel good about yourself for two reasons. 1. it gives you a sense of pride and impowerment. 2. it releases endorphins that make you feel good about yourself. Thankfully, the gym I go to has TVs infront of the cross-trainer so I can still watch my "shows". (Like Medium on monday nights!)
kellbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #5  

Hi, do you mind more than 1 buddy? I'm 30, and could definitely use some accountability/encouragement. I lost 30 lbs a year ago, but haven't had the motivation to get the scale to budge since. I came back to 3fc 2 weeks ago and have started getting a little better, but posting helps. This would make a good forum, btw.
watercolors is offline   Reply With Quote