Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2005, 01:03 PM   #1  

Default Sleeping?

I have a sleeping disorder where I sleep very odd hours for 3-5 hours a night/morning, sometimes without dreaming, and then I stay up for ~30 hours for a week, then I sleep for 15 hours. I am considering getting on ambien or something that can regulate my sleep.

As it is, I can lay there in bed staring at the ceiling and I still can't sleep. I've heard from several health programs that sleep loss can make weight loss difficult. In fact, my weight loss and sleep loss are linked in occurance.

Does anyone have any journal articles, or other resources to back this up? I'm interested in hearing more about it.
niksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I was having a much milder sleep problem but it was to the point that all day long, I was unable to take a full breath. I thought I had asthma or something but my doctor said I wasn't getting the deep sleep needed to rest the body. He told me to do a sleep study at the hosptial so they could pin point what type of sleep I am getting. I don't like taking medicine so I have pretty much conquered the problem by not drinking any kind of caffein after 2 pm, and going to bed early. Plus I have put my self on a very deliberate schedule, even if I don't have work, I won't let my self sleep more than an hour past my normal wake up time. Even though its not fun, it has fixed my sleeping problems.
I know this isn't really scientific or anyting but hope it helped a little.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:20 PM   #3  
Delicious Microwaved!

There's some articles here at ScienceDaily: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0111092501.htm

They're not extremely detailed but they might have enough information for you to track down the original study on the web. It looks like Northwestern and Stanford Medical School have both been primary researchers.

Best of luck!
Luciole is offline   Reply With Quote