Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-15-2005, 06:53 PM   #1  
Proud mom to Angel Son!!!

Default Dieting after Stillbirth!!

Well here i go again. I thought that my weight loss issues were behind me. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2000, and lost 200 pounds. Now i find myself in the very familiar place of being overweight.
I got pregnant september of last year. after 10 years of being to overweight to get prego, here i was in the position that i had dreamed of.
Everything was goin fine. Not to many preg problems. Just the usual. But at 21 weeks my worst fears came true. I knew that since i have had Leep Procedures done in the past few years, i was in danger of havin an incompetent cervix, but the doctor i had told me that I would be fine since it was my first preg.
We went to the 'big' ultrasound only to find that my cervix was changin. we went to the doc and i was 2-3 cm dialated and my membrane bag was bulgin into my vagina. I was at risk of my water breakin.
went to hospital only to find that i was leakin fluid and had to be induced. 7 1/2 hours later our son, Dylan was born.
We got to hold him and say goodbye. but there is never enough time to really do that.
So now here we are at the crossroads. I gained weight while i was preg and then 20 more pounds after we lost him. And now I think i have stoped ovulating again from the weight.
So here i am, startin to try to lose weight as we try again for our second child. Hopefully by losing weight , we can get preggo again.
Thank u for the ones that took time to read this, sorry it ended up being so long!!!
Many hugs, nikki
dylansmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #2  

Nikki,
I am so sorry for what you went through, hon. I've never experienced anything like that, & hope I never do. Our twins were born 2 months premature (35 yrs ago) & we almost lost them. They stayed in the hospital for a month. It was very emotional for us. They are very healthy, with teens of their own, now. I do hope you are able to have another child for "Angel Dylan" to watch over. I'll be praying.
As far as the weight....I wish you luck with that, also. I'm sure you can lose it...especially if you can exercise. Drink a lot of water....I mean a LOT! You probably ate more than usual while you were pregnant, which is understandable....but, it will stretch your stomach back out. I have a friend who had that surgery. She did fine, until she started eating more & more....It truly stretches. When you lose it, again, it should go back, though...since it hasn't been long. You also have to give those hormones time to get back on track.
I wish you lots of success. Let us know how it goes. Drop in any time at "Friends with RA & OA"!
Charlotte
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:21 PM   #3  

Wink How are you?

How are you doing? I hope you are fine. I just wantesd to say hello and wish you a happy day here is some sunshine for you and some ballons:ballons: Hope you like them......Angie
nosugarmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:33 PM   #4  

Nikki, just wanted to let you know that I was praying for you today. I'm sorry for the loss of your son. My heart hurts for you. Blessings, Lori
thebooklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:03 PM   #5  
Curvy Vixen

I'm so sry for your loss. Keep the faith and keep trying for a baby. A wonderful friend of mine lost her baby and year later delivered healthy twin sons.
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote