Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 07:03 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down Monday, Monday, can't trust that day ...

Good morning ladies! Just starting off this morning - hope everyone had a good weekend and the weather was better for you than it was for us in GB

I had a fabby weekend - a bunch of chums I hadn't seen for ages were in Oxford, so I got to do lots of catching up, then yesterday Blokey's parents came to visit and took us out for a yummy Italian lunch (they are just back from hols in Italy and wanted to keep that holiday feeling! not that we were complaining ...).

Am back at work this morning and oh-so-motivated, I have been working on my webpage, my chapter plan for my dissertation, AND the paper I am giving in Kansas in October. And it's not even lunchtime yet. How long do you think I can keep this up for?

Anyway, getting back to it now, will check back later, so COME OUT AND PLAY

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 07-16-2001, 10:26 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Really fast today.

Lolly: Good job on working!

Jen: Sorry to hear about hubby's g-ma. Also, about your g-pa. That is so hard. You all are in my prayers during this hard time.

Trish
Old 07-16-2001, 10:36 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone, I am here at work for most of the day. The wake is tonight, so we have to leave early because it is over a 1 hour drive. Been a rough weekend for us and we are very tired. My g-pa is still hanging in there, but I don't think he wants to!

Had WI saturday (i think I posted this on the other thread!), I hadn't been there in 2 weeks... down 3.4. I wonder if it is stress tho, because I wasn't very op! Also, I switched to the Liberty plan and will most likely go every 2 weeks now. Less of the up and down effect on the scale I hope! Plus hubby doesn't want me to quit because he knows how badly I want this weight off!!

Now I am off to start the NEW challenge thread. AMAZING how all those lurkers came out. Hope they post here too!!
Old 07-16-2001, 11:21 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Back to work!

Hey everyone! I'm back, but not wanting to be here! One of my coworkers who was also a friend got fired while I was gone!
I'm not sure of the whole story, though.
We had a wonderful time in Cozumel! When the internet police aren't around, I'll post a long story! Thank you everyone for your thoughts!
Must get to work! YUCKY!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 11:36 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Hi Ya!

Good Monday morning...

Well, I am up - all the way to 209....I figured i gained over the holidays, we ate CRAP, but I also know TOM is due tomorrow, so that might contribute, so I am not getting down.....thinking happy thoughts (you can fly you can fly...)

Lolly - sounds like a good weekend - I am pondering doing Italy next year. But b/f is **** bent on Ireland, which I have been to twice, but I loved it, so I'll go again! Maybe we can visit you and Kirsty?!!

Trish - hello, goodbye.

Jen - I emailed on the other thread, but sorry to hear that you are going through this, your attitude is great though, you seem to be focusing on other things to get you through this rough patch. cyber hug comin' thru!!

Stacey - I am so jealous of your trip!! You will have to post more when the internet police are gone...Details!

Kirsty - happy late bday girl!! Sorry I missed it when I was on vacation!!

I haven't quite caught up on everyone else's today but hello to Ali, Steph, Kier, Kim, Brenda (congrats on new home?), jen2, Tonya, Emily, Kay, Lori, Lola, and everyone else who is lurking or about to post.

B
Old 07-16-2001, 11:54 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Default B/F Epic Update

Hey!

For those of you who wonder (if there are any)....b/f things are going great, its been awesome. And he told his family he is bringing me home for xmas this year. We talked about it and he views it as a BIG STEP - even bigger than moving in together b/c I'll be going across the country for the biggest holiday of the year, so he expressed how scary that is for him, but that he wants to be with me etc etc...been a very cool couple of months.... Looks like things are finally ironing out, and it'll be a year next month (holy cow) and we are going to see Les Miserable. We are going on vacation just the 2 of us in three weeks for a week....yay!!

I don't wanna go to NB and kick my own butt for not trying harder before the trip so I am trying to be very goal oriented about WW! That leaves something like 20 weeks to go..... I just know myself, if I don't make a good effort, come the day and I know I didn't do my best, I'll feel horrible for it. I don't want that....so I'll try to use xmas as motivation.

Oh well!!!

DO ANY OF YOU LIVE IN NEW BRUNSWICK OR WILL BE THERE AT XMAS TIME?? WE COULD MEET? STEPH, ALI, KIER????

Gotta run....blech. Work...

B
Old 07-16-2001, 12:09 PM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

BELLE.... Please don't tell me that Christmas is only 20 weeks away. That is way too scary, this year FLEW by!!
Old 07-16-2001, 12:13 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

I could be wrong Jen, I haven't counted, but I do think its about 20 or 22 around there. I know, its so scary how fast its gone!! But sort of good. I guess its scary to see how much Emma has grown. I was taking my niece to pee on the toilet yesterday adn I could'nt believe that was the baby I held a few days ago (it seems). Now she is a big girl!

B
Old 07-16-2001, 12:19 PM   #9  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Lets see, I am 16 weeks and I am due Jan 1, so that makes Christmas 23 1/2 weeks to go. And that seems like a ling time to me, but I hope it goes fast and stress-free!

Belle: I am glad things are going well with you and BF. No matter how much you weigh when you go to their house, you will be beautiful and they will love you for you!

Stacey: Welcome back!! Tell us all about it!

Jen: big hugs to you and your family.

Well, off to lunch,

Trish
Old 07-16-2001, 12:37 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Trish, maybe you will have a new years baby and win all kinds of prizes from the city! How cool would that be?!

That means I have 22.5 weeks until I go there, as we're going a week before xmas....
Old 07-16-2001, 01:42 PM   #11  

Default Hello!

Well, I am back from boards and a wedding weekend...haven't been OP that well...so today I came to work all motivated and drank water...and then someone got Bertucci's pizza for a conference and there was extra!!! So I decided to allow myself one piece and work it into the points tonight by eating a light dinner. Well, as I am sitting there eating the pizza, someone else walks in with a tray of pieces of carrot cake leftover from another conference and puts it down on the table next to me!!! I have resisted so far....I have to WI this week and I know I have gained...I want to be good until thurs AM weigh in....help me with good karma and strong will power thought-please!!! I am at 15 points for the day so far!
Trying to hang in there one day at a time!
PS I was reading the thread over the weekend...Jen-my sympathies go out to you and yours...
Belle-Don't sweat the gain-probably some water weight in there...and yeah for things going well with BF
Trish: Congrats on 16 weeks-are you feeling well?
Stacey-Are you back from your honeymoon? We are thinking of Kozumel...how was it?
Hi to everyone else!!!! Welcome to all of the lurkers!!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 02:05 PM   #12  

Default so much going on

First - Jen, I am so sorru about DH'd grandmother and now your grandfather. I will be thinking about you lots. Please take care.

Stacey - welcome back! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding and Cozumel!

Belle - I am psyched that things with BF have been going so well. I am glad you are hallp

Lori - I understand the difficulty of couting points during weddings weekends. I have so many of those this summer and it is killing me.

Trish - great due date! Keep us updated on your progress, it is fun to hear about. glad you are well.

Lolly - you sound so excited! that is geat that you have found something to work on that has gotten you interested again. you are off and running now!

I had a super weekend! I went to WI on Sat and gained .8. Not too terrible based on eating and TOM came Sat pm as well. the surprise party went off very well. We had a great time with the guests and the food turned out very well. I ate way too much and too much cake. It was my favorite kind so I knew I would eat it but ugh, I ate too much of everything else as well. the weather was wonderful for the party and we were on the deck

Yesterday was another great day. We went ot my old church and saw family friends, then to see Kiss Me Kate at the theater. It was great, my dad took us. Then to drinks and dinner with relatives from out of town. I ate too much again! I ate some cookies at church and dinner was heavier than I had expected but quite good. then more cake last night.

today I a really trying to get back into WW. I brough salad (o pts), artichoke dip w' french bread (not sure, maybe 6 pts) and a WW bar. So far I am at 10 I think. Tonight I will have some leftovers from the party but try to stop at 20-23 points plus I am going to the gym. I desparately want to make lifetime this week, MIL will be there with me. I just hope I can undo my weekend damage and get back to 160 or 161.

Oh, just found out a very close friend is PG. am so excited for her. I have been looking up baby stuff since finding out. TTYL

Sarah
194.4/161.4/160 - 5th weeken maintenance!!
Old 07-16-2001, 02:51 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Lori - why oh why do the good snacks always find those who are trying NOT to eat them??? I am in lunch meetings with the VP twice a week and he LOVES food that is BAD FOR YOU!! So, there are brownies, nanaimos, etc.

I have found one trick though - since I can plan for it, I go get a Jugo Juice before the meeting so I have that as a sweet to sip on, I pick one that is only 3 points and then I only eat 1/2 a sandwich or one slice of pizza...otherwise, I eat way more and get into the desserts! And I put the leftovers on another floor so I don't get tempted. Okay, its a bit dramatic, but if I don't, I know I'll slip - its too hard ot be the only female in a room of hungry men watching them chow down without having a dessert even....

Sarah - good luck on getting lifetime!! I believe in you!!! You in in the right frame of mind for it...!!

Well, I am getting Pre-TOM pains already blech. I hope that is contributing to my gain, but nonetheless, I obviously am not getting in the right calculation - too much food, not enough exercise?? I have been bad and not ran much the past few weeks

I'll get back in teh groove - I think I already am!

Gotta run - work work work.

B
Old 07-16-2001, 02:59 PM   #14  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Wow, it's pretty quiet today. Lori - welcome back! I feel your pain re: the cake, carrot cake is one of my faves, ooh, the smell ... (trying to do a sad face and convince myself cake is bad!)

Jen - hope things are calming down a bit for you. It must have been a rough weekend. HUGS!

Sarah - Kiss Me Kate is a great show! That reminds me I haven't seen a show for ages ... hmm ... what can I find?
Chicago is here in December, but I'm not sure I can wait that long

Stacey! Mrs Stacey! You're back! We have to have a long, long post ALL about the wedding, do you promise??!

Belle, that's great news about BF Don't you go getting all hung up about what you will weigh when you Meet the Parents (!) though, because they are going to love you ANYway. Got it??!

Trish - a New Year baby! How cool would that be??! Have you had any naming thoughts that you could share with us?

Everyone else - helloooooooo! Gotta go now so Blokey can do his journal on the WW CD ...

love
Lolly
xxx
Old 07-16-2001, 03:47 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Kirsty - if you are lurking, check your hotmail!

B
Closed Thread