Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 02:29 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Chit Chat #124

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!

We are a group of fabulous ladies who love to talk about everything, not just weight loss.

So grab a cup of coffee, tea or diet coke So feel free to join us, we'd love to have you.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Red face

Thought I would go ahead and start the new thread since with my post it put it at 49. Hope you ladies don't mind.

Anway, have a great day ladies!
Old 04-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #3  
Can't wait to lose

Hi everyone I am new here, I have struggled for years with my weight and I have tried diet after diet but I always end up quiting. So I am hoping with some support that I will be able to lose some weight. I am right now a low carb diet I just started it today, so far so good ...but I am dieing to eat some chocolate. I am a chocohalich really bad and I don't know how to get past the craving and giving into it. If anyone has any secrets please feel me in on them.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies--

Christina--Welcome to our little area!! Glad to have you on board. I hope you find this place to be great place for support and to make new friends. We are a great bunch of ladies! I, too, love chocolate!! Can be such a down fall for me at times. And the really bad thing about it is..once I have that sweet tooth satisfied, I have to reach for the salty foods next to counter balance it all!! Such a roll coaster. If I figure out how to curb that addiction...I will be sure to let you know!!

Cristi--Not doing anything special for his 30th..... but that is how he wants it. I still think that if he wanted to get together w/some friends we could go out and celebrate. Right now he's enjoying his gift and says not to worry about it. I will make him a cake (or buy since I'm no good) and make him a nice dinner on his birthday.

Angie--Hi!! I can't believe you're still waiting for Sears to fix your problem!! I'd be fuming!! I think they need to reimburse you by just exchanging the bad machine for a brand spanking new one!!! It's great that you and Tanner are going to the gym. Funny how he wants to get rid of his little pooch! Wonder if he can get rid of mine too!

Terri--How long have you and DH been married? That's too bad that he's acting the way he is. I'm sorry you have to deal w/that. Men can be such babies when they're sick. I remember my ex when he was sick...the world was going to end if I didn't do everything for him!!

Mindee--Wow....such a big party for the first birthday. Think he'll remember it all? Take photos and share when the event happens. As for the infertile comments....I always wonder why some people are told that. My sister was told that she will have a difficult time conceiving.....she had her 2nd one in January!

Jane--Glad to hear you're feeling better!! Better get your DGD so you can get your grandma fix!! Can I come over too??

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

I've been laying around thinking of what I need to do this weekend. I worked out on my gazelle and feel good that I got my 30mins in. My legs are sore from yesterday and working out today helped stretch them out. Must get those darn thighs toned up!!

Ok ladies...I'm off to take a shower.

Take Care
Old 04-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya ladies,

Cristi - thanks for starting the new thread. Are you having pretty weather in your part of the midwest? It was so nice here today, and supposed to warm up a little each day for a while. YAY!

Christina - Welcome!! The best secret I can share with you is to concentrate on what you CAN have instead of what you can't. Since this is for life, try to turn it into a positive journey and you'll do much better. You could go ahead and have chocolate once in awhile, but use portion control, and plan for it ahead of time. I have found it all works best if I plan every bite of my food ahead of time. Also, come here when you're tempted to eat, and before you know it, the urge will (hopefully) be forgotten. Just a couple of thoughts that might help you, too.

Marti - yay for the workout!! I got mine in by washing down all the cabinets in the kitchen. Upper ones, and lower ones. Yikes! I may not be able to move tomorrow, lol.

Terri - I edited out your last name from the previous thread to help protect you from weirdos. How about if you give it by PM to any Jaded Lady that wants it? You wouldn't believe all the crackpots the mods have to kick out of 3FC, and I'd feel so bad if one of them connected to you or your child! Better safe than sorry, ok?

I did get my grandkid fix, lol. Madison spent a few hours with me. She talks so grown up!! After she left is when I started on the cabinets, and have to say they are gleaming! I'm trying to get the house in shape for Katie's graduation party. Too bad I've let it go so long, lol. What a slob!!

Not sure I'll be here much this weekend. Whether I am or not, have a good one, ok?

Ciao!!
Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 PM   #6  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Hi there, i just logged on and Nolans dad is talking to me...He is trying to tell me he paid his support but he didn't. Gawdd.. like it isnt bad enough dealing with my sick mean husband!! I will copy what he is saying and paste it here...

Hello to our new friend Christina!! Welcome.

Marti: We were married in August of 2001.. i guess that makes it almost 4 years. Long ones let me tell you.. there isnt enough space to even start!!

It is too late to start that one.. I will tell you one thing though..it is no wonder that i take antidepressants and have gained 50 pounds !!!LOL

Ok nevermind.. Nolans dad agreed with me and i agreed to drop the monthly price of the support.. that way maybe ill get it once in a while. I told him if he cant afford it just tell me instead of lying about it!! Grrrrr I really wish i was in to women right now.. it would be much easier.. oh well i cant help that i was born attracted to men LOL that was a little weird wasnt it!! MAybe i should get to bed before i really dont make any sense at all ... good night sleep tight and dont let the bedbugs bite!!!!TTFN xxoo
Old 04-14-2005, 10:31 PM   #7  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Jane thanx for that i never even thought about other weirdos on here..I trust you ladies and didnt think about the others.. thanx again!!' I just missed you lol
Old 04-15-2005, 07:54 AM   #8  

Wanted to pop in before I go to bed to say "Hello!"

Jane--Cleaning house is a great workout!! I always manage to work up a sweat when I'm doing deep cleaning!! So come on over and start on my house!! I'll even start a pot of coffee and we can take a break and chat.....of coarse, the house would never get done after that!

Terri--Your struggles w/your ex and your present must be hard. I really do hope that everything starts to work out for you. But if it isn't meant to be, then the hard part is deciding when to part ways. But my fingers are crossed that you don't have to come to that.

G'Morning to all you other lovely ladies!!

Well, it's almost 5:00 here and I'm surprised that I'm still up!! I don't know what I was thinking.

But I will check in later on when I get up to see how you're all doing.

Until then ladies....hugs to you all.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:58 AM   #9  
RosieKate

Default Good morning, gals!

They guys just took off for school and I have a few moments before I have to get on with my day....so here I am! Life is a bit crazed, as DH is at the height of his track coaching/officiating season....he gets home real late. But, it's extra money and we are very appreciative. I've been maintaining for the last few weeks, and I think it is partly due to DH's schedule. I'm throwing together some haphazard meals because our dinner time is messed up. I'm not keeping track as well as I should..so this week I am going to get back to planning my menus better so I can get through this.

Terri - sorry you are going through a rough patch - BTDT...and we managed to come out the other side..hoping your DH can see what a great life he has and appreciate it a little more.

Christina
- Welcome! This is a great group of women, so if you just come here when yo want to eat that chocolate...we'll talk you down! Jane's advice is great....her successes are inspiring!

Jane - speaking of.... I liked what you wrote about planning every bite.. I think I need to get back to that a bit...kind of let things slide.

Cristi - the new dining set sounds great - too bad you have to wait for it, but all good things are worth waiting for I guess.

Mindee - I can't wait to see pix of the big birthday....My kids were not at their best at the 1st birthday...don't think there were into all the fuss - it unsettled them.. tho' they certainly enjoyed all the toys once the hubbub died down.

Marti - I have been getting "requests" for what I want to do for my 40th - which is coming up in June... and I really don't want to do much of anything.. just like James....of course now that he has his PSP, he doesn't need anything else, right, lol I like parties for other people, but never been big on them for me... I'm a pretty low key person. I think I'll treat myself to a mani-pedi and call it good!

I'm feeling my oats, here. Went to a coffee for the other moms of Leigh's classmates and I think, for the first time, I am one of the "older" moms. YIKES When I had DS at age 31, I considered myself an older mom but I was astonished at how many mom friends I made who were in their late 30/early40s. Now at 39-nearly 40, I'm REALLY the older mom. Sigh. Young whippersnappers....

Old 04-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Morning ladies~

Just a quickie here ladies, not feeling so good and think I am going back to bed for an hour. Supposed to go to the show today but not sure I will make it. Woke this morning at 2:30 feeling like I needed to throw up, never did until later this morning. Just feeling like I have a hangover (and I don't hardly ever drink! maybe one or two drinks in a year if that) and like I have been run over by a truck. Anyway, will try to post later if I get to feeling better.

WELCOME Christina! Glad to have ya aboard and look forward to getting to know you.

Take care ladies and have a good weekend!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #11  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

HI YA'LL

Hope everyone is doing well. I am really well. I was sitting today thinking about all the things that I have to be thankful for, and I realized that I am indeed very blessed. I have a beautiful daughter who just turned ONE yesterday, a very supportive husband and family, and I have ALL OF YOU!!!

Honestly, I am so glad to have found all of you. I just want to thank you all for the support. It makes the weight loss journey that much more enjoyable.

My baby is ONE. I cannot believe how quickly time flies. Seems like only yesterday my girl was a tiny newborn. I couldn't think of a thing to get her for her birthday (She has so many toys already) So I went out and got the biggest balloon I could get and had it filled with helium, and brought it home.
She LOVED it. It was a GIANT pink # 1 and she loved it so much that she kept trying to hug it and bite it. (Note: It's a mylar balloon so it won't pop)

Saturday we are having some friends and family over for a BBQ (looks like the weather is going to be beautiful) and some cake and ice cream. I can hardly wait.

I took my measurements yesterday and am proud to say that I've lost about 2 1/2 inches since last month.

Measurements as follows:

Waist 43 1/2 down from 44 = loss 1/2 inch
Hip/lower stomach 50" down from 51 = loss 1 inch
Thigh 25 1/2 down from 26 = loss of 1/2 inch
Under Bust 39 1/2 down from 40 = loss of 1/2 inch

ANGIE
Your nightmare with Sears sounds very familiar to me. Last summer we purchased new AC for the house through Sears. From the very first day we had problems with it whenever the temperature went over 85 degrees. Sor some reason it just would not blow cold air. I reported this the day after installation. Anyway long story short, in the end (after many many phone calls) it ended up being a wiring error on their part. I called the Presidents line to complain and then sent a letter. We ended up getting about $250.00 in Sears gift cards in the end. My point..... If you want to get anywhere go straight to the top with Sears. Let me know if you'd like the number of the Presidents line.

JANE So glad that you're feeling better.

KATY I just want to say YAY for older moms. I too am an older mom. I had Joycelyn (my first BTW) last year. I was 35 years old, so I definitely fall into the older mom category too. YEAH!!

A BIG JL WELCOME TO CHRISTINA The ladies here will be very helpful. Glad you came by.

Anyway, ladies, hope everyone has a SUPERFANTASTIC weekend. I won't have time to post this weekend because I will be busy celebrating my baby's and my husband's birthday's!!

TTFN
Take Care
Anita
Old 04-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Been up for the last hour...didn't want to sleep in too much!! It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James will be home about the same time I get home tonight so that will be nice. He's been in Kalamath Falls the last couple days. That's about a couple hour drive from here I believe......south of us. Anyway...we'll have the weekend off together, now that is something else!

Katy--Not celebrating your 40th with a big party?I don't think I'm going to want to either when I turn 40. But I think a manicure would be a PERFECT gift! I want a spa treatment day for myself!!! I've been hearing more and more from people who have been going and just love it. May have to treat myself. Just got to figure out an occasion.....

Cristi--Hope you're feeling better soon! Sending you get well vibes!! ((((((GET WELL CRISTI)))))))

Anita--Hurray on your inches lost!!!! That's is wonderful!! I'm proud of you. You're doing a great job. We are glad that you're part of the JL's too! It's great to hear about your success and about your family! Give a great big birthday hug to your little one from one her JL aunties!! One years old!!

Has anyone heard about the Asian Flu Virus that was sent to some labs on accident?? Well apparently is was sent to our lab.....three specimens. And two were opened BEFORE they were destroyed!! I was reading this in the paper yesterday and was just shocked. Was wondering if that was the reason that over half of my co-workers were so sick this month! I have no idea how or were in the facility it was handled, but it still made me nervous. Now....how did that mistakenly get sent????

I better take my dogs out for a potty break and then get myself cleaned up.
Have a great Friday!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:50 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hi everyone
Anita, its ok, I took care of SEars myself,,,,being that I work at a CS desk I know the right tone to use....lol I learned alot with the guy who came over....Im suppose to use HE soap,,,not as sudsey...
Happy Birthday to your lil one! Enjoy them as they are small,,,cause one day they will be big and really rule the home!

Marti, ya I have heard of that flu,,,scary stuff....Brandon has to always go for his flu shots cause of his allergies...hes more or less outgrown them so who knows.

Terri,,,,funny you said what you said about women,,,cause just recently a friend said them same words,,,word for word...lol

Cristi, hope you feel better...do you have allergies? cause I know Brandon used to get flu like allergy reactions.

WELCOME Christina! And girl do I know how you feel about chocolate,,,I swear I need to do a 12 step program on chocolate...Hi Im Angie and Im a chocolholic!

I just saw some pics of me from the play and was appalled....hate being so big!

SO yesterday I stayed home and cleaned! I did everything but the office! I am so happy its all done,,,weekend is mine to do as I please! Wahooo! I do have a 2.5 page list of props,,,but I can chip away at it as I go,,,so far Ive gotten about 5 things...just need to work on body limbs...any suggestions?
I will try to get you guys a link to the Iolanthe play....
Well Im going to go spend time with my friends who I have not spent anytime with lately.....
toodles
Old 04-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #14  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

go to www.morpheustheatre.ca

username - iolanthe password - peerperi

Last edited by da fat n da furious; 04-15-2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:56 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Good Saturday morning, ladies!

Terri - s'ok, that's what mods are for, lol. If your xdh is very far behind in support, can you claim his tax refund check? In the meantime, hope you get at least part of what he owes.

Marti - my house is shaping up! I'm almost done with spring cleaning. Feels so good to have it clean enough that I wouldn't care who dropped in on me, lol. Have fun with your sweetie this weekend! Btw, thanks for bringing up the exercise thread again! Sometimes we forget this is a weight loss site, lol.

Katy - ty for your kind words!! I have missed you posting in here! Having Katie when I was 33 (Neal was 43!!) made me one of the older moms, too. Some of her friends thought we were her grandparents when we went to school functions, lol. She is one of the reasons I still dye my hair! Whippersnappers, indeed!! LOL

Cristi - aww, hope you're feeling better today! Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

Anita - have fun at the party today. Before you know it, your little one will be out the door and having a family of her own. Take pictures to share, ok? YAY for the inches lost!!

Angie - so you don't want the book? No prob... it's just that, as I said the heroine reminded me so much of you, lol. I'll check out your site later when I have more time...

Which brings me to... I gotta hurry and get off here. Katie has early registration at VU today, and Neal and I have to go with her. She's going to try and get late-morning and afternoon classes next Fall, lol. I'm going to check out when Mom's Weekend is, lol. Party, party, party....

Have a good one!!
Closed Thread