Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 12:51 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Arrow Our Own Little Bookclub #4

Hi Ladies~

Feel free to share your favorite Authors, books or your most recent reads or past favorites.

So, what have you read recently? What are you reading now?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:04 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Thumbs up

I am currently reading Eleventh Hour by Catherine Coulter and it is good. It is kind of freaky because I am reading it and thinking "You know, someone out there has probably done this" I am talking about murdering people. Not sure if the show is made around the murders or the murders from the show-don't want to give too much away. Anyway, it's good and I haven't finished it yet! I keep having to stop to do other things. Can't remember if I mentioned the others I read a little while back. What a Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck is a cute one. About a christian girl who just wants to be in love and maybe a prada handbag! I was in the mood for a different kind of read and found this one online. Just finished To The Nines by Janet Evanovich a couple a days ago, and must say I love her books! They crack me up! Love grandma and Lula. Note to self: Must get more Janet Evanovich, Jennifer Weiner (loved Good in Bed!), and Kristin Billerbeck!

What are you reading or have read lately?

Happy reading all!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:54 AM   #3  
RosieKate

My tastes are all over the place, I must say.

Just started God's Politics: Why the Right Gets it Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It, by Jim Wallis. The title speaks for itself and since our forum is apolitical I will just leave it at that.....pm me if you want to know more about it...
I just finished Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn. Read it 8 years ago and am again reading it for my book group - a very enlightening book

MIL just gave me By Myself... and Then Some, by Lauren Bacall. I am flipping back and forth between this one and the Jim Wallis book.

Cristi - What a Girl Wants sounds like a good one - I will need some lighter fare after I am through with this list!

Old 03-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #4  
One day at a time

Katy~I am going to have to check out all three of the books you mentioned, they all sound very interesting and I need a different kind of read right now. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-08-2005, 12:31 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Thumbs up

I finally finished Eleventh Hour!! Jeez, didn't think I would ever finish it! Get in moods where I will finish a book fast and then go right into another but it seemed to take forever to read this one. Not that is was bad, it wasn't. Just couldn't get into the reading mood. It was good and I love a happy ending! Started The Cabin by Carla Neggers last night. Only got to Chapter 4 but so far, so good. The chapters are a bit long but so far it is good. I like a book that starts out good in the first chapter. Funny, I opened the book and to my surprise guess who gave the book and author good reviews? Janet Evanovich! Now if she says it's good it has to be right?! I've got to get some more of her books-so good and funny. Love grandma, Lula and sis!

Happy reading ladies!
Old 04-09-2005, 04:20 PM   #6  
Cat Lover

Dont mean to barge in but Christi Cathiene Coulter has a whole series of books ...they are her FBI thiller series. She keeps the ever sexy Dillon in them and the fiesty lacy. If u like that u will love the other books in the series as well.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Smile

Thank you Sweetlilac (love your username by the way)! I have read a couple other of Catherine Coulters books and do like them. Yeah, I like that Dillion is always in them too! And Lacey of course. Had to think a minute about who Lacey was since she goes by Sherlock! I will have to find some others but the ones I have read are just Blowout, Blindside and of course Eleventh Hour. I really liked them. Anyway, and don't feel like you are barging in. Feel free to jump in anytime, on any of these threads.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:09 PM   #8  
Cat Lover

thanks andthe other are real good. The one called the mazes is where the two of tem meet.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Thanks Sweet Lilac! I will definitely have to read Maze next. I usually do start from the beginning if I know about an Author but I happened on Blindside and Blowout first and that's where I started. Those were the first ones I had read from Catherine Coulter and then continued with Eleventh Hour not knowing there were others I should have read before those. Oh well, I am sure they will still be good regardless of what order I read them. Thanks again!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Thumbs up

Okay, thought I would bump this thread to the top. I am always interested in hearing about what everyone is reading or has read. I am trying to get back to reading a book a week and decided to start a list of everything I read, not sure why. Anyway, the two books I had started and put down I finally finished! Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich and just finished last night The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. I liked them both but was a little disappointed with both...just didn't like they way they eneded. Not saying they weren't good because they were. Sue Monk Kidd wrote The Secret Life of Bees and if no one has read it...I really suggest this one. I LOVED it! I'm hoping there is a sequel. Anyway, next for me is between With This Ring I'm Confused by Kristin Billerbeck which is a third in kind of a series. Not sure I would call it that but I think you should read the first two. The first one all she wants is to be in love and maybe have a Prada bag. The second she falls in love and then it falls apart, sort of. But they get back together and then there is #3. It's a Christian love story with humor. But...it is between that one and Eyes on The Prize, America's Civil Rights Years 1954-1965 by Juan Williams. Either way I am going to read both, just not sure which one to start next.

Anyone reading anything they would like to share? Or read anything they would like to share? I am always open to new reads.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #11  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm currently reading Infinite Self by Stuart Wilde -- humorous philosophical nonfiction...I like his writing style.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #12  
One day at a time

Thanks FL_Chickie for sharing, I will have to check that out and possibly add to my collection. And of course read it!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:09 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Cristi - which book was it that you just couldn't put down?

I just finished a book by Debbie Macomber called Home for the Holidays. It's 2 books in one, and although they were both good, the second one When Christmas Comes was hard for me to put down. I highly recommend it to all of you. Parts of it made me laugh out loud, and that's rare for me.

Did any of you get into the Barbara Taylor Bradford A Woman of Substance series? I just finished the 7th in the series - Unepected Blessings. It was pretty good. None of the sequels have equaled the 1st, though, imho.

Now I just started another BTB novel, unrelated to the ones I just mentioned. This one is Voice of the Heart and has over 900 pages. Too soon to tell if it's a keeper nor not. But with that many pages, it ought to keep me busy for awhile, lol.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:06 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Jane~it was With This Ring I'm Confused. And I am happy to say I finished it last night and loved it! Ashley Wilkes Stockingdale is funny! Her mother loved Gone with Wind thus the name. Going to start the other one tonight. It is more of a history type book. I am going to have to see about getting the Debbie Macomber book. I almost bought it last year and went for something else. I like to read something to get me in the Christmas spirit. I read a Woman of Substance a long time ago-probably should get it again to refresh my memory. But don't think I have read any of the others. That is why I am making a list of the books I read...I tend to forget if it's been a while and will start a book and about 1/4 of the way through realize I read it.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:59 AM   #15  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey Cristi, finished the last Janet Evanovich's book...have to say was kinda expecting more.
Am now going to read a book one of my customers told me about called Dies the fire by SM Stirling.
not sure if I have the attention span for that. I find I need alot of humour to keep me...or lots of blood shed...
And Jane,,I have now read every one of the Susan Elizabeth Phillips books...loved them all! There is a series and didn't read it in order but still loved it.
Closed Thread