Old 04-06-2005, 08:52 AM   #1  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Default FRIENDS FIRST - Desperately Need a Diet Buddy #23 - 2005

!!!HERE WE ARE!!!

Hope everyone makes the jump to our new location - our new SPRING CLEANING location!!!

It's Spring - time for new beginnings and fresh starts!

To any newbies, we are formerly "Desperately Need a Diet Buddy" buddies and we've been around for several years now. Please feel free to jump in and introduce yourselves.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:29 PM   #2  
Bad Mamma Jamma

And already we're on the second page

C'mon girls, some of you guys must be out there somewhere

Here's a question for you - what are you old reliable, never fail and still healthy recipes? Or even basic favorites that we could help each other alter to fool the fam?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #3  

Hello, Since I see you are slow here today, I'll jump in and say hello! I'm Melissa and had been posting on the moms losing weight page for almost a year now. It's gone a bit wacky the last few months. We had a huge influx of newbies and then poof everyone seems to have dissapeared. Anyway, I'm always looking for a buddy. As for the question about recipe's ........hmmmm well, off the top of my head. I have made baked ziti, which is so bad, but the kids like it, so what I've done is put less pasta and I shred carrot and green squash/zucchinni and mix it in. They eat and and don't realize there are veggies in it. Unless you have a super super picky one. I have one of those, but he's too young to notice that yet. My bigger one just think's it's seasoning if she seas any green. Anyway, I live in Northern Jersey and have two beautiful children almost 5 and 2 1/2. Stats are at the bottom. I was working out like a crazy woman for 5 months and somehow through life events, I have fallen off the bandwagon. Any suggestions? Per Nicoles thread comments, It's spring and time for a fresh start. I agree.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #4  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hello "Friends" ... I found us!! This is going to be a great new beginning for all of us ... I can feel it in my bones ... well, I did say I was 42!

Melmcc ... Welcome to "Friends First" We're a bunch of girls who have been around for ... errrrr, quite some time ... No worries that we're going to disappear ... We're all in it for the long haul You'll get lots of support and encouragement here, hope you enjoy it!

Brandy, you've put me on the spot there a bit ... recipes at 9.30am ... let me have a think and I'll get back to you later

Did you PM any of the other "Buddies" to let them know we've moved? I guess they'll find us from the link on the old thread anyway.

Well, here's to a new beginning for all of us I just know we're going to be successfull!

Nichola

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 04-06-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #5  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Morning all!

Sorry about asking you to think of food so early in the a.m. Nichola, it does seem a bit unfair. I think the others will find us from the link. I'm not sure they really check their PMs anyway (I know if I have one, it can go weeks without my taking notice ). If anyone seems missing, we'll start a search party soon!

Melissa! Welcome! I'm ALSO in Jersey. Small world!!! Congrats on your loss, btw. Good job! Thanks for the ziti idea. I don't have kids but I have an unbelievably picky husband. I honestly did not know people could make it to adulthood being so choosy and "eeew, green stuff" about food

As to me, I am full of allergy meds today and preparing to WATP in a few minutes.

Hope you guys have a great day (the weekend is almost here!),
B
Old 04-07-2005, 12:02 PM   #6  

Thanks for the WElcome Nichola. Looking for to knowing all of you!

Nicole, where are you in jersey? I am in Bergen County. Anyway, thanks for the welcome, hope the ziti recipe helps some. My father is like your dh, he it's NO greens except Iceberg lettuce, the whiter part, which has no nutritional value really. Other than that, he eats corn on the cob and sweet potato. That's it for anything vegetable. I don't believe he likes fruit either. PICKY aren't they. Luckily, my dh LOVES just about anything. have fun with Leslie!

Again, thanks for the welcome gals!

No exercise for me as of yet. I am planning on doing some lunges and crunches today, I don't know about cardio. It's been a crazy day already!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:08 AM   #7  

Hi Girls,

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday with any recipes ... been up to my neck with household chores I've so much washing and ironing to do since coming back from hols ... just can't seem to get on top of it all!! ... The more I do, the bigger the pile in the washing basket seems to get!

It was my first weigh-in today since starting afresh and I'm very, very pleased to announce that I've lost 4lbs ... yes, 4lbs!!!! I'm quite surprised really as I must confess that I haven't been writing anything down, just being careful to eat healthily and watching my portion control ... it seems to have worked!

Melissa, no exercise for me either the past couple of days ... but I guess ironing for hours and hours counts for something right??

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

LORRAINE, RAFF, JO ... is there anyone I've forgotten?? KELLY, DANIELLE if you're still around .... Come on down!!! "Friends First" are waiting for you!!

Nichola
Old 04-08-2005, 08:04 AM   #8  

Nichola, WTG on the 4 lb loss. You must be thrilled!!! What a nice way to end the week! I know what you mean about the laundry, it's just keeps on coming! I guess you and I both need to move our rears a bit today then since we haven't done any formal exercise in a few days. Anyway, I have 4 loads of laundry to fold and a closet to clean out today....YIKES... Have a wonderful day ladies. bbl
Old 04-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #9  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Nichola- congrats on your four pounds that's REALLY great!!!

Melissa, I'm in Jersey City. We moved here a few years ago and plan to move AWAY at some point in the future.

As for me, I could not tell you what I weigh. I am doing my best to get back on track and just haven't worked up the nerve to face the scale yet. I'll get there sooner or later.

Have a great weekend,
B
Old 04-09-2005, 12:28 AM   #10  

Brandy, go for it ... go get on those scales right now and make that fresh start ... the longer you leave it the more difficult it will be, and the quicker you do it, the sooner you'll be back on track and heading in the right direction. Make today count ... go on, just do it You'll feel better when it's out of the way and not in the back of your mind worrying about whether or not you've gained ... and so what if you have? Make today the first day of a fresh start

Well, I intend to make the most of this weekend ... back to work on Monday I don't mind going back to work but I'm not looking forward to the early morning get-ups!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Nichola
Old 04-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #11  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Well, I had a look at my weight and it's NOT PRETTY I'm still working up to typing it out loud. I'm just going to deal with it and get going.

My game plan is pretty simple - WATP + WW. That's it. Nothing fancy.

Happy Monday, guys

B
Old 04-12-2005, 02:16 AM   #12  

Brandy, good girl for taking that step and getting back on those scales Your plan sounds pretty good to me, the less fancy the better I say ... Have a great week!

Started back to work yesterday and can't get over how exhausted I feel already ... feel like I need a holiday! ... only 12 weeks until the schools break up for summer hols ... yippee!

Nichola
Old 04-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #13  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi Chickies! I tried posting a few days ago but they were working on the website. Wish they would have told me that before I typed up the message.

Things are good with me. Still eating good and weighed myself this morning and the total lost is 9lbs. Yipeee! Finally! Except I started losing in the oddest place: my ***. I usually lose in the stomach and face first. (shame I have to say "usually", shows I'm a serial-dieter

Nichola - Congrats on the loss! You are doing great! You asked for some recipes and I think that was a wonderful idea. I love getting new recipes.

Cavatelli With Spinach
---------------------
3/4 cup cooked cavatelli
1 cup cooked fresh spinach, chopped
1 large garlic clove
1/2 - 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil

While pasta is cooking, place spinach in bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Don't let the leaves wilt entirely. They'll do that later when you mix them with the pasta.

In small pan slice fresh garlic and oil. Cook garlic on med to low flame until you can smell it. Don't overcook the garlic because it will tasty nasty. Nast-E!

Add spinach to oil to coat and remove from heat. Add to boiled, drained pasta. Salt and pepper to taste. Yum!

Love to everyone else! Hope you are doing well.

Take care,
Raff
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:15 AM   #14  

Raff, 9lbs lost ... That's fantastic!! Whatever you're doing, keep on doing it!

Like the sound of your recipe ... simple and tasty ... that's my kinda cooking! I'll definitely be giving it a try.

We're having a few problems with our computer ... again!! ... so if I disappear for a while, that's the reason why! Hopefully Nick will get chance to look at it tonight or tomorrow and be able to sort it out.

Nichola
Old 04-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #15  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi guys!

Raff, what an excellent (and uncomplicated!!!) recipe! Thanks! And congratulations on your nine pounds, that's excellent! As to me - the LAST places I lose weight are my stomach and face. Which SUCKS. I am such a friggin apple.

Nochola, let the countdown begin. Summer is almost here. Well...kinda. You'll be out for your holiday before you know it. Spring term always goes so fast.

As to me, I've managed to exercise TWO WHOLE DAYS in a row. Hoping to go for three. Maybe four, but let's not think too far ahead

B