Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #138

Ate up another 5 pages.

I know my hair would be solid white if I stopped coloring it! It started turning white when I was in my 20s. My mom asked me long before she died when I was going to stop coloring my hair and I said when I started getting wrinkles ... that hasn't happened yet.

Another rainy day and I have to go out in it. Waiting on a customer to show up. Then I have to go to town and pick up a BD cake for my FIL. We are celebrating his 87th BD tonight ... made reservations for dinner at a restaurant for 23 people. I dread it ... don't much care for hubby's family ... except his mom and dad. I cut his mom's hair and fixed it ... it looks really good. Her beautician is getting old and really butchered her last time ... then she burned it up with a perm. I got rid of all the friz and parted it on the side ... styled it different for her ... she was thrilled. She's a sweet person.

Well ... hope you girls have a lovely day. I have to get some work done so I can take care of my customer ... then I have to teach piano for an hour, run to town, do the party thing and then maybe I can collapse! Anyone else want a piece of me?
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Meme- I think my hair would be white if I stopped coloring it. My sisters said why don't I do that.. I asked my hubby and he said'I don't want to go to bed with no old white haired women'. I guess I won't get old if I keep coloring it.
I have walked again 3 miles today.. I am so tired tonight. I will stay up to see House. Maybe the end of the CMT awards that I missed last night. I had to see 24..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:52 PM   #3  

Joanne, you are doing great on the walking!! I'm a size 10 too. NOT! Well, my shoe size is a 10. lol I know what you mean about your daughter taking work along. There are different times we will go places, and I'll be grading papers or working on something in the van. My hubby thinks it's ridiculous, but I have to get it done.

My hair is mixed. Still dark in most places with white in there too. I started getting white hairs my first year of teaching. Oh my!! My son just turned 17. He has very dark hair BUT he has lots of white spread through it. My BIL was completely white when he graduated from high school. I hope Tim's hair doesn't turn completely white too soon.

Meme, enjoy the birthday party for the parents and try to ignore the rest of them.

Well, I need to get off of the computer. Tim needs (?) to call Jessica. LOL
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:10 AM   #4  

Good morning. My hair is weird-I am 66 and I only have a little gray in front and I am a brown everywhere else but not a brown I like. So I get frosted. Now I have more gray hair so I am going to try not to get frosted anymore-we will see. Went visiting yesterday-my friend from MA has a beautiful condo. Well, I still love our little double-wide. It's fine for now-hope it is still here next year. American Idol was great last night but I couldn't get a call in for Vonzell. Hope she's not in the bottom 3 again. She's just a nice girl.
Candice-my girlfriend went in the morning and was home in the afternoon walking around when she had her gallbladder out-laproscopic. It's going to rain today a bit but tomorrow we are taking Evan to Ft Myers Beach-And tonight is the church supper. Gotta get my fill of everything I love. We are going to stop in Savannah on the way home-I hear it's beautiful. Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:57 PM   #5  

Well, sold that trailer yesterday and then another one this morning. If I they don't hurry and bring me those two loads they promised this week I'm not gonna have any left to sell. They said they'd be here Fri. night. Told hubby I'll believe it when I see the trucks pull in the driveway.

The BD party was a success. Dinner was good and the cake was so cute. I got a half-sheet secectioned off in plots with rows of 'vegetation' with a John Deere tractor in the middle and a barn and 'iceing hay' on one corner. He has farmed all his life ... and raised black angus cattle. Guess I should have had a cow on there! The in-laws all behaved themselves and everyone was civil for once. Hopefully that's the last time we'll have to do that for awhile. I told hubby he owed me ... I always get stuck doing all this stuff. You watch, when his folks die I'll have to make all the arrangements and do all the food and everything. Sometimes I think I have a 'sign' on me or something!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #6  

Default Hey There

Meme- I have made the funeral arrangements for almost every member of my family and my hubbys who passed away. Except for our mother. My sister Eleni and I did that.
Spent some time in the mall today. Hit the Clinic counter and a couple sales at Penny's.. Got to do that more often...
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:13 AM   #7  

Sounds like fun Joanne-and have some more of that this weekend. Had my Walmart haircut yesterday and I have some gray in the front so I am not getting frosted for a while-going to the beach with Evan this morning . And Brad and Jill and hopefully to lunch if Evan behaves. Or sleeps. Preschool minister preached last night and it was awesome! Imagine a minister just for Preschool!! And he has 2 adopted children so he told us about them. I am getting sad because we will miss a lot of this stuff for a while-When I get home, I can sing in the choir for the 50 th anniversary celebration. And work on the Fair-and volunteer at Hope House. And see Auntie. And the kids. Mima ps-Brad would love one of your trailers, Meme
Old 04-14-2005, 07:02 AM   #8  

Anyone had a HIDA/CCK scan done for gallbladder? I read up on it and the test does not sound good...It is supposed to make your gallbladder contract like you are digesting something (inject that radioactive stuff and something else) and cause pain if you need it out.....I do not want the test and do not want it out.....not sure what to do????? Maybe I will jsut wait untill I cannot stand it anymore.....the doc says it might just be the Firo acting up..well the Fibro did not make the stones...duh..... I'm too busy for all this!!!!!!!!!! Gardening time ya know....

Made some strawbery jam last night and my brain was not working and I mixed up the jam and jelly recipes but it looks like it is setting. Forgot how hard it is for me to make! (causes to much pain)
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 05:54 AM   #9  

Candice-when I needed the rotator cuff surgery, I worried and worried, but after it was out, it was great. Yes, I did have pain but there are pain killers. I'm telling you, the gallbladder surgery is easy. What if you left it in-do you want an attack!! This is a good time to pray!! I will pray for you.
Beach was great-Evan loved it. He loves sand and water. And he took six steps at home. We are going there for a cookout tomorrow night. Today we are going to do some prep work for going home like spraying for all those bugs in the camper. And then leaving. I am having a massage at 2 and then will get one again before we go home. Have fun this weekend Joanne. Hi all. Mima
Old 04-15-2005, 09:33 AM   #10  

Good morning to everybody.

Mima - you will be busy for the next little while getting yourself packed up. I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you had a good day with everybody.

Candice - Why in the world would you wait. There is nothing that hurts more than a Gallbladder attack. It knocks you right off your feet. You sure wouldn't like that. I had my gallbladder out when I was 21 - the old way, with surgery. Even that wasn't so bad. Sure felt better than the continual indigestion and pain. The gallbladder was packed with little stones. I saw my Dad down on the floor with a gallbladder attack. He had one, the size of a walnut. So, don't wait. They don't even make incisions anymore. They do it with laser therapy.

Meme - busy as usual.

Tammy - How are you doing?

Joanne - Moving right along there. Your knee is ok with all that walking? That is good.

I missed the talk of hair color. I let mine go natural in the Fall. I told my son, I would get it colored for his wedding (Oct) but he liked it with the gray in it. The color was ALL gone by December, and I am loving it. I find I have more color in my face as my hair was darker, so the gray highlights. You can see I have blue eyes now. When I colored it, the hairdressers want everybody over 50 to have blond hair, and I felt absolutely colorless. I am now very comfortable wearing my gray hair, and I earned each and everyone.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:36 PM   #11  

Well ... I'm WAY over 50 and my hair is so dark brown 2 of my grandkids call me 'black meme'!!! (To differentiate between me and their other Meme.)

It's pretty here (finally). Sunny and warm. Just maybe spring has finally sprung. But everytime I set foot outside the house my eyes and nose starts runnng away! And that's all the time with customers pulling in my driveway every hour. I'm sure people think I have been peeling onions (or somebody just died or something!) When I say 'allergies' they're all ready to give me advise ...

Hope everybody has a good weekend. I cleaned the church last night so have to clean my nasty house today (if customers will leave me alone long enough) ... trailers are coming tonight and then we have to finishing moving our friends into their new house tomorrow and our Bible Conference starts at church Sun. and goes through Thur. night. It never ends here!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #12  

Candice, I had 2 major gall bladder attacks that involved calling the rescue squad. I thought that I was having a heart attack. I also had smaller attacks, but even those hurt terribly. I had no idea what it was until the 2nd bad one when the doctor in the ER diagnosed it as gall bladder. My surgery was less than a month after that. I have never regretted having the surgery.

I am so glad that it is Friday. Bob's aunt passed away, so we'll be at the viewing and funeral tomorrow. She was 90 years old. What a sweetie. I'll miss her.

My plans for the weekend are to get my suitcase packed for the Emmaus Walk next weekend. The more I do this weekend, the less I'll have to do by Wednesday. That's the night we go get things set up at the church. The team takes all of their "gear" that night so we don't have so much to worry about on Thursday night when the walk begins. I'm so excited!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:55 AM   #13  

Well ... they didn't ... leave me alone so I could clean my house that is. I'm sooo stressed out. I had a steady stream of customers all day long. I sold 2 trailers and took a deposit on another while hubby and the drivers were unloading the trucks this evening. The men couldn't believe it. I've been telling my husband how busy it's been and he just looks at me. I really don't think he's been understanding me. He knows I've been selling at least one every day and taking orders for more but for every one I sell there are three or four more pulling in asking prices and then three or four MORE calling me on the phone. I told him weeks ago I can't continue to do ALL this alone. What with the piano students, house work, church work, shopping, kids etc. etc. etc. on top of it. After supper tonight (at 9 P.M.) he came in the living room (where I had once again collapsed) and said I may have to get someone to come in and clean my house once a week! I just looked at him. I know he was trying to help me out but I really don't want a stranger cleaning my house ... is it just me or does anyone else feel this way, too??? I used to have his aunt come clean and do my washing when I taught school but that was different ... I knew her. I taught music in the public schools every day plus taught piano at home every evening and 1/2 day on Saturdays. Didn't have time to clean. I had 56 students! I don't know anyone to ask now. If I knew someone I could get to HELP me one day a week ... I'm so tired!

And you know what really makes me mad? When people make snide remarks about me NOT working. Like I don't do anything all day long. OH that makes me SOOOOO MAD! I litterally work my butt off nearly every day. Somedays are not as bad as others but then I usually catch up on other things on those days like laundry or housework and piano planning and stuff. Then some family member or 'friend' will say something about it being 'nice' to be able to stay home all day, etc. Or like hubby's niece the other night at the BD dinner when I said I'd about sold out of trailers ...she said ... listen to her, SHE'S about sold out of trailers - you'd think it was HER business. I was so proud of my husband. He said, well, she has. I haven't sold any! She's sold all of them, I'm at work all day! Besides, the business is in HER name ... it's her business and she does all the selling. (I can't stand his niece or her mother!!!) They shut up after he said that! I was vacuuming at church the other night and one of the men came through and grabbed his chest. He said, I about had a heart attack. I said, why. He said, you're actually doing some work. I didn't think you ever worked. I just wanted to pick up the vacuum and hit him with it. Instead, I said, just because I'm beautiful that doesn't mean I can't work, too! That shut HIM up! (I clean the church all the time but I usually do it when no one is there!) I must have a sign on me that says, "FRAGILE ... CAN'T DO MANUAL LABOR" or something! Do any of you have people that just take it for granted that you never DO anything??? Or is it just ME?
Old 04-16-2005, 05:14 AM   #14  

Meme...I get that all the time now, even when my kids were tiny and I was staying at home to raise them..........some people just do not get it! My sis always says I have the life of leisure and she would like to just lay around and the house! It is very irritating! DH always tells me he does not want me working...It would put us in higher tax bracket and I would spend more! So it does not pay me to work...his opinion..mine is I would love to work but this Fibro thing would not let me and with him needing the bedroom to himself at night there is nowhere for me to sleep...guess I could get a 3rd shift job! LOL ...NOT...... Who else would do everything around here!

I do not have a problem with the girl that helps me with heavy cleaning. I like to do it myself cause I think I do a better job but I can't do somethings and DH is no help!!!! Got the bathroom cleaned tonight and some pansies potted and some dianthus and moombeam in. Cold outside at midnight! LOL

My doc is dragging his feet on the surgery wants me to have this Hida test on Monday but not sure I want to have it..heard bad things about it. If I do not have it I will have to go to another doc for another opinion. The doc thinks my pain might just be Fibro and indegestion.....but I do have stones so it needs to come out some time right?
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #15  

I would thinks so!! But I am not a doc!! I had the most intense massage yesterday-it hurts when he does it but after my body is great and I slept good, I will have one more before I go home. Going to Mike's for cookout tonight. Sprayed the camper yesterday. And then left. There is a great breeze to air it out. Evan is waliking a bit . Going to see Evita with Alison and Jill. Anne-you must have the same coloring as I have-hope my gray is ok. My mother had gorgeous ash gray hair but she started as a blonde. Bye for now. Have a good day all-and rest up Tammy. Oh Meme-don't let people bother you-we know all you do!!! And your need to slow down. Mima