View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #20
One Day At A Time

My name is Sherry and I'm 43 yrs old. I am married to Richard and have two beautiful daughters, one 17 almost 18 and the other one just turned 8 in March. We live in central Texas on 5 acres. I've been overweight as long as I can remember. I've tried I think every diet known to man and even created some of my own. I have many health issues that if I lost the weight most likely wouldn't be an issue then. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I joined LAWL on March 15th. A friend of mine and her husband have been doing the program since Jan 1 and she has lost 25lbs and her husband 30+. After joining, I have put my whole family on the eating plan. Adjusted, of course, for each person, and together we have lost a total of 43.4 LBS

Richard 16lbs
Kelli 13lbs
Kaci 7lbs
Me 7.4 as of last week
43.4 lbs

My DH and oldest DD are eating Slim fast bars in place of the LA lites and the little DD eats one protein snack bar a day from Walmart.

I am so very proud of our family. I knew as the one that cooks our meals that I was the key to it all but had no idea in almost a month we could drop that much weight!!!

We all love the outdoors. We go camping about once a month when we can and we have quiet a few animals of our own. We have boer goats, pigeons, chickens, cats, a dog (who's boss), a cockatiel and lots of God's critters.

I am a LVN and work doing home health care mainly for the elderly. I love my job and see it as an opportunity to minister to the elderly and help them when I can. They have so much to offer and yet, younger generations treat them so badly. Even many of there own family members are so bad. Anyway, that's another soap box.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting each other in our successful lifestyle change.
God Bless All,

Smiley <><

Short-term GOAL

mrsSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote