View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 02:29 PM   #19
CruiseinJanuary
CruiseinJanuary

Default Suburban Chicagoan - New to LAWL

Hi all! My name is Amy. I am 26 years old and have been married to my husband Bryan for 2 1/2 years. All my life I have dealt with being larger that others my age. I averages a 10-12 in high school and typically stayed around 170 pounds while growing up. Got to college and of course put on weight. Lose 25 pounds before my wedding and was 170 and felt wonderful in my wedding gown. Since the wedding I have gained 50 pounds by being lazy and eating out way too much with my husband. It doesn't help that he is overweight too and isn't very active, so to spend time with him we typically go out to eat, watch movies and other unactive things. I have done weight watchers and a number of other things trying to lose weight but keep failing. Got a call last week that a friend of mine is getting married on a Cruise in January going to Key West and Mexico and I want to get back to my normal weight by then. When I look in the mirror I don't feel like I look that big, but when I get pictures back it is like "Who is that?" I feel the real me inside and needing to come out.

I do not have children yet and that is another reason I want to regain a healthy lifestyle, so I can teach my children to be healthy and not have to go through what I did growing up.

I have two Minitature Pinscher dogs named Zuko and Guinness that keep me and my husband feeling like parents in the meantime though.

I am so happy to find a list people who are excited about weight loss with LAWL!!! There are so many negative things out there about the program and I just started last week and don't need any mental excuses not to continue.

Keep on writing everyone!

Amy
CruiseinJanuary is offline   Reply With Quote