Old 04-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #1  

Default Needs encouragement

I'm thinking about starting Weight Watchers and walking. I am almost desperate to lose weight. I'm 29 and will be 30 in June! My goal is to be 100 thinner so I have such a long way to go. I just need some buddies that I can get encouragement from. I'm ready to make this commitment but I think it would be rewarding to talk to someone else that is going through or has gone through this. Most of my friends only have twenty or maybe 30 pounds to lose. I just feel like such a failure already because I have let myself go. I really want people to see the real me. I want to wear cute clothes in the summer and drive my Husband wild (I already drive him wild.. but you know what I mean)! So if you are lookin' for a buddy that is in this for the long haul let me know. Also, if you have any tips or ideas.
TXGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:20 AM   #2  

Welcome aboard! I also have a hundred pounds to lose now, which is actually better than where I started at. I know what you mean about feeling angry at yourself for letting yourself go, but I've found it's more productive to focus on the positive fact that you are willing to do what it takes to make a change.

As far as advice goes, I would suggest reading some of the past articles in these forums. There really is a lot of great information in here. And lots of great people!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:17 AM   #3  
Delicious Microwaved!

Hey TXgirly!

I just wanted to stop by and say "Hi"!

I think some of the best encouragement/motivation that you'll find will be to look around at all the different people here--some of whom have more to lose than yourself, some of whom have less--who are all working towards goal on whatever plan works best for them. Probably the biggest step to losing weight is just deciding to do something about the extra pounds, and since you've already made that decision all you need to do is find something healthy that works for you! It may take a lot of trial and error so don't get discouraged if you're not perfect on your first week of a diet or plan... just keep tweaking things and trying new stuff until you find something that you can stick with! I think weight watchers is a great plan with a lot of support and I hope you like it.

Be positive and believe that you can do this! It will take time but if you really set your mind to changing your lifestyle and eating habits--even if it's in small consistent ways--you will see a difference!

Good luck with everything and welcome to the forums!
Luciole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I also wanted to add that there are some groups here at 3FC for people who have 100 or more pounds to lose-and they might be great for you-to talk with ladies who are struggling with a large weight loss.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #5  
J.Depp=Male Perfection

I'm in need of losing about 100 pounds. I need some motivation, a buddy to talk to about the weight loss journey. Lets chat!
n2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I am now in the 96 more pounds to lose but Ive lost many already.
Its totally possible and you will feel great in the process.
You can do this if your ready and you will love yourself even more for the accomplishment.
Glad to see your here hope to see more of you.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies, since this is becoming a "buddy" thread, I am moving this to the Support "Groups" forum. Carry on, ladies.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote