Old 04-10-2005, 06:42 PM   #1  
fabulous southern belle

S/C/G: 268/215/165

Height: 5'10"

Smile amazon women unite!!!

I think us tall chicks (5'9"+) should have a place to chat... there is something different about being tall and overweight, so if any of y'all want to join me and talk about clothing sizes, how to handle the "but you carry the weight so well!" comments, feeling a little manly at times when you tower over the teeny boppers at the gym, or anything else at all, come check in!

I'm 5'10", 230, on my way to 150... I want to be a 10... or an 8 if I don't look like a skeleton- I like to have some junk in my trunk!

I couldn't find another thread for us gorgeous amazon ladies, so I took it upon my newbie self to start one... how 'bout it???
miss scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #2  
Chubby Barbie

Location: In Florida near the beach with all these thin pretty girls around!

This name is so perfect. I don't know how many times I have had an "amazon women" comment made to me. I've also had the "but you carry the weight so well!" (yeah.....riiiight!) and feel a little manly. I've also gotten "you would look like a model if you lost weight."
DaisyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #3  

My favourite comment is the PT at the gym trying to convince me that 20% body fat would look fine on my frame, YEAH if I wanted to look like a skeleton! pffft. But yeah that whole you carry the weight so well comment bites. Also the fact that my skeleton could never be a 6, as my shoulders are just too broad! he he he...
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 11:19 PM   #4  
Chubby Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK
Also the fact that my skeleton could never be a 6, as my shoulders are just too broad!
I think I could get down to a size 6 maybe even a 4 but I don't know how good I'd look. I have a small frame but pretty muscular (esp my calves.)
Atleast I think I have a small frame. I heard if you try to put your thumb and index finger around your wrist you can tell. dont touch= big bones, touch= medium, overlap= small....mine over lap.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:27 PM   #5  
fabulous southern belle

Amen, sisters!

the model comment reminded me of a funny story... I was doing some freelance work at a modeling convention (w/ an independant video production company, not the convention itself!), so I was constantly surrounded by these itty bitty gorgeous 12 year olds made up to look 18... anyway, I was behind our sales counter and the director of one of the modeling agencies came up to me and, in the most wanna-be inspirational tone, said "I want you to know that I believe in plus size models- you just remember that big can also be beautiful, so give me a call"

I mean, who does that??? I didn't know whether to thank him or punch him!
Old 04-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #6  
Chubby Barbie

A girl in one of my classes out of no where told me I should enter this lane bryant model contest. I took it as a compliment but at that time I was about 2 inches too small to enter. Not anymore though.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #7  

I think I am a small to medium frame. Here a size 6 is about a 2-4 US.. sorry for not explaining! but even then it would be a push. I used to do some modelling when I was younger and slimmer, but even then had issues with shoulders being too wide! I hope you said back to the "inspirational" director: You know I believe that intellectually deficient people can make a valid contribution to society, so you just keep on trying!"
Old 04-10-2005, 11:54 PM   #8  
fabulous southern belle

LOL... I wish I had thought of that... I was too stunned to be witty!

I'm most definitely medium-large frame with good curves, so I think an 8/10 is as low as I could go without looking ill... I am the very definition of "vuluptuous"

good for you though, if you can be healthy and get that small!!! you people with your small bones... i get jealous sometimes!

I *heart* the amazon queens!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:07 AM   #9  

I think I just have long fingers lol! I would rather have curves tho! Took me ages to get them..my chest was the 1 thing I liked about myself when I was larger.. now they've gone down a whole cup size.. from an almost D to a just C/mostly B he he
Old 04-11-2005, 12:19 AM   #10  
Chubby Barbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK
I think I just have long fingers lol! I would rather have curves tho! Took me ages to get them..my chest was the 1 thing I liked about myself when I was larger.. now they've gone down a whole cup size.. from an almost D to a just C/mostly B he he
When I'm fat....B's....my lowest weight ever...B's. Plus I have no booty or hips! I wish I did! My belly is curvy though....does that count?
Old 04-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #11  
fabulous southern belle

LOL... curves aren't all they're cracked up to be- they don't make very good button down shirts for big bosoms, or pants that fit over the "birthin' hips"!

I'm a very large D cup right now.... want to go back to a C...

So what are y'alls goals? To be a Vicky's Secret model, lose weight for a special event, just to feel better, etc?

My big goal is to just be healthier in general for life, you know- really make the commitment to work out and eat right for good... my big motivation right now is going to the Fla. Keys the first week of July- I at least want to look decent in a 2 piece!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #12  

MY main goal is to feel better about myself and just be healthier. I also want to look like the hot chick my BF deserves to be going out with (my opinion not his, he loves me as I am.. we met when I was at my heaviest!!!).. Also I want to be able to fit into all the cool clothes I used to wear! lol.. although my shopping habit has enabled me to dress pretty well at the moment. But it will be nice to go into shops and not have the assistants look at me like "what the **** are you doing in Here??".. that annoys me so much! But yeah, I have a goal to be under 70kg by july (hopefully about 65 but I'm aiming for 68).
As for looking decent in a 2-piece, well I think that as long as you present yourself confidently and are not tugging at it or wearing a t-shirt in the water with it (they only cling and draw attention to what they are meant to be hiding!!) then anyone any size can wear one.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #13  
Chubby Barbie

I want to be able to shop in any store again. Plus I want to lose weight for my wedding. I'd also like to be able to go to the beach and not worry about what I look like in my bathing suit. I want to looks good for my fiance. The list could go on. Over all I just want to feell comfy with my weight and I don't now.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/212/160

Height: 5'11'

Hey everyone,

Sorry for bumping a 5 week old thread, but I'm new here and wanted to participate.

I'm 5'11", 233 pounds, size 18 or 20. I, too, have broad shoulders, so a size 10 is probably my "goal size." Even when I was younger and 126 pounds (at 5'10") I was a size 8. It seems strange to me when people here have goal size of 2s and 4s, because I think my hip bones would get in the way! That's being tall for you, I guess.

Kudos to Scarlett for starting this thread.
jade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/212/160

Height: 5'11'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK
MY main goal is to feel better about myself and just be healthier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBK
Also I want to be able to fit into all the cool clothes I used to wear! lol.. although my shopping habit has enabled me to dress pretty well at the moment. But it will be nice to go into shops and not have the assistants look at me like "what the **** are you doing in Here??".. that annoys me so much!
My goals are similar to yours. I'm already insecure about being tall, so I don't need to be insecure about my weight as well. Plus I feel pretty unhealthy, and know that just losing some weight will help with that.

I absolutely HATE when salespeople either ignore me or give me the "huh?" look while shopping. And it would be great to be able to shop at any store, instead of just specialty shops.
jade82 is offline   Reply With Quote