Old 04-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #1  

Default exercise is a dirty word...

every time i hear it, i was my mouth out with chocolate

hi ladies!! feel free to jump on in. i and a few other new girls decided to start our own support group. anyone can join the fun though.

we can do this girls!!!

guess we should give a little info about ourselves

Last edited by JenR; 04-09-2005 at 03:25 PM.
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:30 PM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Jen, I too think exercise is a dirty word. I force myself to do it, I always feel better after I've exercised, but I hate starting (and doing) it. I wish I found it fun. I love to go for walks in the woods, but since it's so hilly, it turns into exercise and I just look forward to being done. If you have any words of wisdom, let me know.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #3  

this is me:

i'm 5 feet even and as of today 214 lbs. i look like a linebacker
i've been overweight for 7 years now. i've been on every diet imaginable and had no long term success. seems like i lose a little and then stop.

i got a serious wakeup call in february:
~my thyroid is fine as well as my blood counts. my overall cholesterol is a little on the high side, but she was least worried about that.

bad news:
~my triglycerides are really high. the high end of normal is 150-160...mine is 227 we MUST get that down!!
~my level of "good" cholesterol (HDL) is very low. should be higher than 60mg but mine is at 15 we MUST get that up!!!
~one of my liver enzymes came back at 45. 45 is when they start worrying.

my exercise consists of:
cardio (mainly treadmill) 45-60 minutes 6 days a week
strength 20-30 minutes 3 days a week.

i'm not on any specific eating plan right now as i'm waiting to see my doctor on monday to discuss my options. i've spent this past week making a list of everything involved with my weight, physical, mental, emotional, etc. i've also done research on surgeries, pills, etc. i plan on taking all of this info with me monday. i also ahve another secret weapon: my mother in law (MIL) ...she's a very aggressive person when need be so i think it would be wise to have her in my corner when i see the doc.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMarie
Hi Jen, I too think exercise is a dirty word. I force myself to do it, I always feel better after I've exercised, but I hate starting (and doing) it. I wish I found it fun. I love to go for walks in the woods, but since it's so hilly, it turns into exercise and I just look forward to being done. If you have any words of wisdom, let me know.
Marie
hey marie! good to see you!
people look at me like i've got two heads when they learn that i honestly enjoy working out. i do, i love it. it is a stress reliever for me. after being home with my girls all day (mostly my 2 year old since my 7 year old is in school), i need my exercise time.
as far as exercise goes. find something you lvoe to do...walking, riding bikes, rollerblading, playing ball with kids, etc...the more you enjoy it, the more you'll do it is what i've learned
Old 04-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #5  
Cat Lover

Wink

I FOUND U!!!

My name is Melanie but u can call me Mel. I am going to be 38 tomorrow and I made a dec that I dont want to be FAT at 39. My son is alway telling me ..."Mommy if u do what that lady did u could be skinny too." These are the wonderful ads on tv. I like to read, walk and listen to music. I do like to tan I figure brown fat is better then white fat. I tan real easier so I get dark quick. I know is not good for me.

I too hate execrise...My problem is finding time to do it. I work full time and get home around 5:45 and the time I get dinner started and dish done....play with the kids and I do go to my Sis and tan I am ready to fall down and sleep. I hope now that it is getting warmer and stay lighter out that I will be abt to get the walking in.

I love the support thing thanks Jen for setting it up.

SO come on ladies LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!
sweetlilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:52 PM   #6  
Cat Lover

Gald to meet u marie and I hope to see u hear alot. Jen u dont look like a line backer silly girl!! I have all my weight in my stomach.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #7  

hi,i'm gemini2
this is my first time ever online to chat with anyone. i wish you ladies good luck. i'm also struggling with my weight. got my blood pressure down still working on lowering my cholesterol. hope to hear from anyone soon.
gemini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #8  
Cat Lover

Cool

WELCOME !!!

Glad to have u and post often so we can get to know u.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #9  

hey gemini!!! yes, i agree with mel. stay and post often. we'd be happy to have you
Old 04-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #10  

Default ok i made it =)

i was cleaning my car ...... thats exercise right ?

lol i'm kate i'm 33 for a couple more months at least. i've been exstatically married to jim for 12 year and we have two children, toby is 8 a real cutie, gabby (gabrielle) is 6 and a little tornado, she sure makes life interesting

i'm english and living in wisconsin i've been in the states for 8 years, liking it better now, was very homesick for several years, but i'm hyper and totally obnoxious (i know where my daughter gets it from ) and i make friends really easily.

i was 235lbs when i stated errrr 4 days ago lol and my goal is to be 150 i'm 5'7 so with my taller frame i carried my weight really well for a long time, so it wasn't noticable. now it is.

i have no reason for my overeating, i'm not unhappy, had a great childhood, don't hate myself, (infact i think of stuff all the time and crack myself up ) i don't have time to get bored and if i did i have a craft closet full of unfinished stuff i can do.

well thats me

ok this is going to sound icky but my stomach just kinda dropped and now its like this hangy thing did that happen to any of you ?

~kate~
kati3l3unny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:47 PM   #11  

so, today was a bad bad bad day food wise. horrible...worst in a long time. no exercise either. yeah, it's been a bad day. worst in a long time.
oh well. nothing i can do about it now except make sure i get back on track tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: gif cheerleader.gif (4.8 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by JenR; 04-09-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:17 AM   #12  
Cat Lover

Kate welcome and u sound so fun I wish we lived closer. My weight is in my belly too. I know what u mean abt belly looking like it dropped. But with the support of this group we can do this.

JenR Hey we all had a bad day just pick yourself up and start again.

Well I got into work today and my girlfriends decied to have a suprise B-day for me. THey brought donuts and a birthday cake and they are buying me lunch. SO i wanted to start my new life style today but i guess i should of went with my first instict and start tomorrow.

So I am goint to start tomorrow. I am in today working overtime and wouldnt u know it is going to be 75 to 80 degrees out.

Well I will talk to eveyone later
Mel
Old 04-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #13  

hey kate! welcome good to see you made it!!!
i don't even want to talk about my stomach after 2 babies but yeah, i know the dropping thing very well. ugh.

mel~ how sweet of your friends to throw a surprise party for you! cake. yum!!! tomorrow is a good day to start. no temptations of cake!!
Old 04-10-2005, 11:02 AM   #14  

question:
what are everyone's goals? are they a set of small goals or just one large goal? what are you going to do once you reach those/that goal?
Old 04-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #15  

Default party

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yey presents (i get more excited about the children on my birthday ! lol )

and don't worry about one bad day jen, we've got a very long road ahead of us, and i'm sure we will all fall back now and again.

lol lilac i was voted class clown every year of high school i have a warped sence of humor.

my goals well ultimate goal is to be 150 (i was 156 when i met hubby, and i was'nt super thin but a comfy weight my tummy was just a little rounded but not overweight.

my mini goal is to lose 20lbs by mid july (actually hoping for a lot more, but i figure that is realistic) just to prove my mother-in-law wrong and look better for the family picture. and my reward ..........
will be to say ne-ner-ne-ner-ne-ner to her .... well at least under my breath

~kate~
kati3l3unny is offline   Reply With Quote