Old 04-07-2005, 06:28 PM   #1  

Exclamation Post pregnancy pounds challenge!!

I am new to this site and really want to find people to support each other!

I have been reading the threads and have found many people that never lost the weight they gained during pregnancy. My doctor told me something like 85% of people who don't lose the extra weight by 6 months post-partum never will.

I want to prove her wrong. I am post 8 months and have 20 pounds to lose. And actually while the scale only shows that much, my body is so completely different it will take a lot of exercise to get it back (larger inches gain than weight gain).

My goal is to get rid of those pounds by the time my son is one year old.

The challenge, any one else out there that is in the same boat, trying to get the weight off after pregnancy and needs some motivation like me. Let's get together and help each other out. Let's not be a statistic!!
cyndijof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:49 AM   #2  
Made my Goal weight!

Hi there,

I just had my third baby sept 22/04, and have JUST now reached my goal weight and lost all that "pregnancy weight", but that is only after struggling to lose the same weight after my first and second babies.

I think this thread is a GREAT idea, I am basically just posting to say it can be done and having SUPPORT makes it much more enjoyable. Congrats on your baby, and you are a million percent right when you say your body is not the same after having a baby (or 2, 3 or more)....truth is, we've only got one body so lets make it one we love, right?

Good Luck! You can do it! and anyone else can too!!

Leanne

9 months preg 204lbs
Baby Jaelyn born sept 22/04
Starting weight 190 sept 25/04
current weight 124
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #3  

Thank you. I know most of my friends and others are in the same boat, and it's great to know that you were able to get there. I don't expect to look the same as before having a baby, and I am ok with that, but I would like to feel good about the way I look in clothes. I think I will get there, I'm just trying to find the support and motivation. Yours is appreciated!
cyndijof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #4  
Made my Goal weight!

Sorry me again,
I gotta laugh, I guess I will NEVER be wearing a bikini.....but thats ok, I never really liked how I looked in one anyways....lol...plus now, wearing three kids makes me feel MUCH better...

Leanne...

Good Luck to you!
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote