Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 12:37 AM   #1  

Default Night Owls #13

Hi All

Thought I would start a new thread the other one is up to two pages again.

Susan - Good luck with your move, and Happy Birthday to your young man.

PJ - How is the new pasture working?

Tara - Hope all is well with you. I have been thinking about you.

You guys would not believe what happened in town today.
A drunk woman at 930 am pulled out of her driveway and ran over a 4 month old baby in his car seat!!!!!!
The mother had sat the baby on the sidewalk while she was straightening out the car to put him in.
The drunk woman pulled out of her driveway and drove right up on the sidewalk. Car went over the baby and pinned the car seat underneath, she dragged him for 8blocks before people could get her stopped. Kids were running as fast as they could along the car screaming people on bikes. She was totally oblivious.
Finally a guy speeded around her cut her off and drove her into the curb. They had to lift the car up off the ground to get the baby seat out from underneath.
Miracuously (sp?) the little boy was unharmed. (I GUESS THERE REALLY IS A GOD )
They are keeping him in the hospital overnight for observation.
Can you imagine that poor moms horror.
This is no joke!!!! It happened here in VT.
The woman is in jail, I hope they throw away the key!!!!!!!!!

Take care all
Old 07-12-2001, 09:36 AM   #2  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Penny.....My heart was in my throat as I read your post.....what an absolute horror!!! Things like that really do show that there is a GOD and he does look after the little children. I am sitting here crying just to think of it.And YES they should throw away the key...keep usposted on what happens to her....

I have been in "lurk mode" but am trying to come out....LOL

I am on vacation and it is a beutiful sunny day and I am out of here to sit in the sun ....I will be back.

Do the rest of you notice that it seems like no one is posting when you look at the main page but when you actually come in here there are posts??? or is it just me???

Bye for now

emmy
Old 07-12-2001, 09:51 AM   #3  

Just dropping in to say hi. Been working lots.

SueBee
Old 07-12-2001, 12:51 PM   #4  
Is is spring yet??

Hello - Surprise its ME!

I have been lurking off and on here - just been too busy to post much. You all know the drill!

I see a few other "missing owls" have come out to roost.

Meredith - So good to see your post! I hope you are doing ok - and married life is treating you ok. Are you still living with mom? How is your mom anyway?

Judy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a super day - you deserve it. How are things at home? I bet your son is getting ready for college - where will he be attending in the Fall?

Setina - You have been through WAY too much this past year! I hope things get better for you soon - you poor thing! How are the headaches? Have you talked to Judy about her meds? I believe she is feeling lots better - right Judy?? Take care!

Emmy - Always on vacation - you lucky dog you!! I hope you are doing ok.

Penny - Are you still going to OA meetings? I know you were having good luck with that a while back - I was thinking about ya! That is a miracle for sure - thank god that little baby was ok! What that mother must have been thinking! And I agree - that lady should be in jail forever!

PJ - Sounds like quite an ordeal you had there with your barn! Glad you got it figured out and I am glad Bill is home finally. When do you go on vacation? Where are you all going? I bet Florida is hot hot hot!

I am sure I am missing someone - if so - I have to run - my work calleth!

I will pop in when I can - have a great week!

Tara
Old 07-12-2001, 09:30 PM   #5  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

Just popping in to say a quick hi. I am still fighting the migraines. I went to the doctor today and we are trying different things so hopefully I will see some improvement soon.

I planned on posting this weekend and catching up but Bren asked me to post today and let you know they had another bad storm and her modem and her mom's modem are out. She hopes to be back soon.

I hope you all have a terrific Friday!

See you this weekend.
Hugs
Setina
Old 07-12-2001, 10:47 PM   #6  
Teacher chick

Thanks Tara for the card and the web page for Steve., it was a nice day.

Hi everyone.

Pammy, I saw Julia on David Letterman this week. Funniest stuff I've seen in a long time.

That story about the drunk lady and the baby is horrible and
I was so upset reading that story that I began to cry before I even finished it. That mother should be stipped of her parental rights and that lucky child should be raised by loving people who desperately want a child of their own and cannot conceive. And then someone needs to run over the mother with a car and drag her 8 blocks.

I'm sorry for being so brutal in this post. Especially to those of you who don't know me well. My passion in life is children and my worst nightmare is a child with a parent like that one.

Setina.... the migraine preventative medication is called Elavil. It WORKS!!

Bren, when you have storms, do you unplug from the wall? I don't because we have a power surge thingy. But after reading your posts, I sure should. I miss you.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited by judygal; 07-12-2001 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:21 PM   #7  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Judygal I don't think the mother and the drunk lady are the same person. I read it to read that the Mom set the baby on the SIDEWALK, usually a safe place and the drunk lady DROVE on the sidewalk,,, I could be wrong but that's how I read it...

gonna run for now
emmy
Old 07-12-2001, 11:48 PM   #8  
Teacher chick

Emmy, really? Oh wow... I thought they were one and the same. That changes some of my thoughts. I'm so glad the baby was not the driver's child. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was so upset by the story that I didn't read carefully.

I'm sure you are right and I read it wrong. The poor baby's mother...... oh gosh.

I'm so glad you replied here, Em!
Judy
Old 07-13-2001, 08:19 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone,

I got my modem quicker than I thought, my mom still has not hers though. I put in the first new one and it worked for a few days and then we had another huge storm, hail and everything and that modem went. I am going to make sure I unplug my phone line when ever we have a storm.

I went to the gym tonight and did 1 mile on the treadmill and then worked the machines for around 20 minutes. Still doing well OP.

Setina, thank you so much for posting the message for me, I didn't figure I would be back in business til next week. Make sure you note my new e-mail address.

Penny, I heard about that little baby too but I read in the newspaper that the baby was burned 10% of it's body from being underneath the car and against the hot pipes on the bottom, they said most of the burns will require skin grafts, I don't know though maybe I read it wrong. either way it was a horribel thing and I am so glad the baby is okay.

See Ya everyone, just too tired to post much.

Brenda
Old 07-14-2001, 05:47 AM   #10  

Hi All

Judy - Emmy was right, it was not the Mom, it was a drunken neighbor.!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda - I do not know from personal knowledge, but the last I knew he was OK, but of course you know how that goes, there have been all kinds of stories including that he is in critical condition. Who knows, my husband works at the local hospital and he heard nothing about it, and they hadn't done any lab work on him so I don't think its that bad but who knows. I wish the family luck anyhow.

Tara - So glad to see you and that all is well, I am still going to OA and it is helping I am finally losing consistantly. Even got myself a sponsor, but am seriously thinking of getting a different one, the current one is very nice but she doesn't seem to want to talk to me unless I am in some kind of crisis, if all is well she is not interested to I am a little distressed about that I mean isn't getting better the point. Anyway it has been very helpful. I have another weigh in tomorrow. I am currently down 7lbs. Thanks for asking.

Well all I am on the early shift today so gotta run.
Have a great day
Old 07-14-2001, 12:41 PM   #11  
Teacher chick

Hi gals,

I'm so glad to tell you that I finally hit my 10% today. I also lost my wedding ring (hubby found it after a tense half hour... it slipped off my finger). I guess I'm going to put it in the safety deposit box until I get to goal and then have it sized. Time to go look at a cheapie replacement that won't turn my finger green because I don't think I want to spend real money on it, ya know?

Bren great news about your modem.

Penny, thanks for the update. I hope your early shift was nice and easy!

I'll be back soon,

Last edited by judygal; 07-14-2001 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2001, 03:34 PM   #12  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Wow~

Candice and I posted on the last thread. Guess we didn't see this one. You know, they DO say the eyes are the first to go....

Brenda - Glad to hear you've got your puter back. Keep up the great work on the exercise.

Penny - What an awful story re: the baby. I'm like Judy .... went it comes to children, I go balistic if I hear of them being abused or neglected. They're so helpless at those tender young ages. Makes me cringe every time of think about it. Right now it's pouring out so we had to stop working on the pasture and stalls for a while but we got alot done. We've been working in the rain for about 4 hours now and I had to come home and have something to eat, get some dry clothes on and some boots and a slicker. Then I'll go back. We're putting in 4' deep holes for the pots with one 4x4 across the bottom. The top will be electric which is what Missy had at her old home. She knows not to go near it. There is a stallion in the pasture next to where she's going to we reeeeeeaaaaally need it.
Well, the thunder is getting a little too close for my comfort right now so I'm going to sign off.
See ya later,
~Pamela~
Old 07-14-2001, 06:43 PM   #13  
Happy Member

Hi Owls!

(quick reminder for everyone to check out the last bunch of posts on the #12 thread if you haven't yet because there are some new ones there since #13 was started)

I'm gonna go check out a few other things and I'll be back later to post but I just wanted to say hi!

Ally

Old 07-14-2001, 07:11 PM   #14  

Default Hi Everyone!!

No Exerisize today, just running around in the grocery store and putting big stakes in my cherry tomato plants that I have on my deck and feeding them. The hail really knocked them for a loop and they were laying all over the place but they look like they are going to be okay, no stems broken and I laid the tomatoes that fell off on my counter to ripen, they are supersweet 100 cherry tomatoes and me and the kids just love them. Today is Kayleen's birthday, she is 7 now, she is having a bbq bday party at her dads house and I will be meeting them in Portland tomorrow to pick them up, they will be here for 2 weeks then go up there for 2 weeks. I am having a bday party for here here next saturday at papa ginos, it should be fun.

JudyGal, I am soooooooooooooo happy for you wow reaching that 10% goal is a big accomplishment, what does the key chain look like I have 7#'s more to go to get mine. You have really worked hard for it and I am proud of you. Please send your e-mail to my new e-mail so I can write to you, hopefully my modem won't go again so I can keep in touch with everyone.

PJ, I love the new stable pics and horse picks, Missy should be very happy there. You are in heaven and I can tell that you are happier than you have been in a long time, wow enjoy every minute of her.

Penny, you are right, there are alot of rumours going on about the baby. I am just thankful that it is allright. What a thing for a mother and child to have to go through. Thank god they finally got her to stop. I just can't imagine it.

Setina, wow girl, those migraines just won't stop. I hope they can finally find something to work against them. We sure do miss you around here, don't forget you are my inspiration and always will be.

Emmy, how ya doing girl? I have missed you.

Tara, as always good to see you. I know how busy you must be, sometimes I go through(as you know)my own disappearing act because there is sometimes just no time to post. Believe me we all understand and just stop in and post when you can.

Well time to go

Later Owls
Bren
Old 07-14-2001, 08:20 PM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Brenda - A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KAYLEEN!!!!!!!

Judy - "I'm so glad to tell you that I finally hit my 10% today"
That is SO GREAT Judy! I was reading the posts and realized I didin't mention it. Geeeeez, talk about having "a senior moment"...... I've been having too many of those lately.

Well, I've still got my cousin, her husband and son here so I've got to go. Hope you're all having a great weekend. I totally blew program last night !!!!!!! We had my cousin and another couple here and kind of went overboard with wine and Corona's with lime. I stuck to the Corona's so I didn't feel as bad as I WOULD have if I had the wine. So yesterday was a total wash and I'm hoping all of the physical work I did today and all the water I drank will make up for it.

See ya later,
~Pamela~
Closed Thread