Old 04-07-2005, 03:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Talking Im baaaaaaaack :-D

Run for the hills, I am back!

I have been gone for quite a while. While I was gone, I was still following the low sodium and fairly low fat lifestyle and I think I managed to lose a few pounds. I can now drive the car, whereas I could not before because the seat was stuck in a "too close to the wheel for a fat girl" position. I can actually drive it now,.. whoohoo! I also think I need to buy some new pants because I keep stepping on the bottoms of these.

At the last cardiologist appointment I had back in Janurary, my blood pressure was something like 130/90 which is quite a change from when I was admitted to the hospital and it was well over 200 (like 276 or something). I am still on my blood pressure meds and it does not seem like I will be going off of them anytime soon. I still have 2 or 3 refills :-D

The bad part is that I have not exercised in months. Today I dusted off my Leslie Sansone dvd after seeing how well Howie was doing in his blog. I did the whole mile but I thought it was going to kill me. My chest did not hurt or tighten up but boy my legs and back went nuts! It will get easier once I start doing it ona regular basis again though. It is time for me to get back into the swing of things. How have you guys been doing?
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Heather,

Glad you are back. I had been wondering how you were doing. It sounds like you are feeling better and things are going better.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:02 PM   #3  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey good to have you back Heather. Glad to hear your still on plan. That is wonderful that you can fit behind the wheel now and your pants are gettting lose. Keep up the good work. Good going on getting back to the exercise.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #4  
Jennifer

Great to see you back, Heather! Congrats to you for brushing off that Leslie DVD .
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back girl. I've been reading your blog and keeping up with you there. WTG on getting out the tapes. I have a tip for you. I know in the past you said you struggled to get through that mile. If you will use the 2, 3 or even 4 mile tape and walk that first mile many times you'll be feeling better and end up walking farther. I usually do the 3 mile tape and will walk at least 2 miles on it if not the whole thing because that last mile seems so slow compared to the rest that my HB goes back to normal and I just like the relaxing way it goes.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:38 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

HEATHER!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day!!! Yahhhh!!! So glad you are back!! Good job on staying with your plan - sounds like a lifestyle change to me girl!!!

Good luck with the WATP!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I've never really gone off plan this whole time, but I certainly could have been stricter about the whole thing.

As for the car thing, doesn't that sound awful "I couldnt sit behind the wheel"
Stupid old car seat getting stuck,..

Now I can drive comfortably and the first time I drove somewhere alone, even though it was just across town, I was so happy.
isn't it funny the things that make you happy?

Barbygirl: I do have the 2 mile dvd, so maybe I will just try doing a mile of that for awhile and see how things go. I know it wont be as hard after I get my body used to it again.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:18 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome back Heather, glad to hear that you are doing well!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:10 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Welcome back, Heather! Congratulations on starting WATP... keep it up!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome back, Heather! That's certainly a wonderful nonscale victory.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote