Old 04-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #1  
Donna B.

Default grrrrrrrrr

So went to the gym today, 4th day in a row, and couldn't complete my run. My legs were like noodles. So I did my weights and when I got out of the gym, I was sooo hungry, that I cheated. Yup, chicken burritto with the works and a Pria bar.

I'm not beating myself up though. I was seriously hungry. I can't remember being this hungry in a long time....despite my usual near constant grazing in the past.
Donna B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:36 PM   #2  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

Good job on getting to the gym!! Excellent motivation!

I truly enjoy hunger pains and the rumbles! I know... I'm a freak. Close to a year ago I caught an Oprah show and she was talking about her weight loss and personal trainer (if we could all be so lucky and rich!). One thing that has stuck with me this whole time is what she said about hunger pains; paraphrased it was, 'hunger pains and stomach rumbles are just your body's way of telling you that you're eating your butt right now!'
How true! You're eating into your fat reserves, enjoy!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #3  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

That is great you got to the gym!! Tomorrow is a new day!! Keep up the good work!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Every day at the gym is different. Everything effects your workout. If you were that hungry, you simply didn't have enough fuel. I agree, don't sweat it! Tomorrow is another day!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Donna!

I don't know if you are just starting out at the gym - if you are don't overdo it love! It sounds to me that your poor legs are telling you they need a rest!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:31 AM   #6  
Donna B.

Hi:

So yes...yesterday was not the greatest day for my diet plan. But I love the idea that my body was eating fat. That will also stay with me. Gives that feeling a purpose, my hinny could do with lots of reduction!!! I did just start the gym about three weeks ago. I've been working with a trainer, my goal is to eventually run a road race, don't care if I place dead last, just want the experience.

Thanks for your support all. Have a great day.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #7  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Great job getting started Donna.

I want to be dedicated like you, like so many here that are in my situation but are doing so much more to get out of it. I'm gonna go for a walk today at the park! Yes sir I am.

That's a great thought to keep in mind - my body eating my butt, lol.

Thanks for the motivation!

Keep up the good work & don't forget to rest those legs now and then!

Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

Hey, if hunger pains get your body eating your butt, how do I get it to eat my stomach flab?
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:55 PM   #9  
Donna B.

So I went back to the gym today and weighed myself. I lost 1/2 pound. Waaaaaaaa. Whined like a big baby to my trainer. She told me to be patient and keep doing what I'm doing, muscle weighs more than fat. My clothes are much more loose and my stomach has gone down a bit.

I seen a great commercial this weekend....a man at a gym gets on the scale and weighs himself, man then runs around the room really fast, and gets back on the scale and looks sad that he didn't lose anything. I feel like that.

All I'm asking for is instant gratification....is that soooo wrong! lol