Old 04-07-2005, 12:07 PM   #1  

Default Moms Losing Weight .....APRIL........

Welcome all to the thread of wonderful Moms losing weight! Please jump in an introduce yourself. We all know losing weight with little ones running around is hard. Let's help each other out!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:10 PM   #2  

Hello everyone. Today is Thursday, I just got back from having a renal and bladder Ultrasound. We'll see how everything goes. Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to have a biopsy next month. As many of you know, I have chronic kidney disease ...20 years now...so, the new doctor is evaluating all the areas to see what's going on and what's not. Anyway, I did some exercise 2 days ago and not much since. I'll have to try to get something in today. Hope everyone is having a good one. bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #3  
I will suceed!!!

Mel, I'll keep you in my thoughts.

There's really not alot going on with me right now. Still trying to settle in and unpack. But it's just taking forever. bbl.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:50 PM   #4  
Shake Your Booty!

Mel! I hope all is well, I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Things are good here, weather is getting nice so I'm outside alot more with my youngest.

Well I will be back a little later, gotta run outside she's pouting to go out
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #5  

Mel, you'll be in my thoughts too. Do you know when you'll get results?

Nothing much going on here. I took my dog to the park yesterday. We walked for about 20 minutes when he decided to just lie down on the path. I said "come on, we are just going a bit further." He just looked at me and refused to get up. I said, "okay, we'll go back to the car then." He jumped right up and turned around to head back to the car

I've been eating junk food like mad today. I guess I'll just chalk it up as a bad day and start over tomorrow.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #6  
Shake Your Booty!

Good Morning! I'm sitting here stuffing my face with 3 special K waffles with spray butter and my own splenda/cinnamon sprinkle with the NEW Tropicana Light OJ OMG I just love it!! Tastes like I'm eating an orange, its really very good. I got on the scale this morning and it said 228.5 I did a double and triple take, then got out my old scale and it said 225 so its right! I'm down 22 lbs now! I just wish I could tell LOL! I told my husband when I get to 220 I'll take another pic with the same clothes as the last time to see if there is a noticable change...then I'll do that every 20 lbs.

Chelle~ Is TOM nearing? I get wild hungry craving about 10 days before its due....go out and buy some Healthy Choice peanut butter cup icecream OMG thats yummy! Gives you the chocolate we crave, little tiny peanut butter cups and its really low fat and only 120 calories per 1/2 cup I make sure that I have enough to have a cup of it a night, so I don't deprive myself of sweets

Tabitha~hows things going on your end? I hope all is well.

Mel~I'm still thinking of you!
Old 04-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Fly by for me....I'll be back later after I get the kiddos to school. TTFN...

I'll have time to post while Nicole is watching Dora the Explorer or taking her bath...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Okay, I'm back. I took the girls to school and did my WATP tape. I'm going to do some of my challenge exercises in a bit too. Gotta get this weight off of me. Maybe if I work through this "yucky, bummed out, don't give a cr*p" attitude, I'll get over it faster. I just feel so out of sorts with my weight loss, and my whole life. I don't know where the wrong turn happened or how or when. It just did. I've done exercise for the last 3 days. I NEED to be consistent. I've decided I don't get computer time until I have my exercise for the day. The same principle as for my daughter..you know, NO Xbox until you're bedroom is clean and your homework is done.

Mel-I am SOO WITH YOU! We just need to get over this hump. And please let me know what the doctor says too....

Tabitha & Jeniqua-Hoping the moving and such are going okay.

Jeniqua-Did you have your custody hearing yet? If you need to chat, let me know.

Chelle-How's things in your neck of the woods?

Chrissy-Same goes for you....Are ya staying OP?

Gotta get a load of laundry in now. A mother's work is never done. Later, I get to be the victim of my sister's evil plot....she has elected me to help her clean up their apt. so they "might" get their deposit back. I've helped her unpack at her house this week but she is about the most unenthusiastic person I have seen. Translation: LAZY! (P/S I love her anyhow).

~chris
Old 04-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #9  

Chrissy - You must be my metabolic twin. I start craving 7-10 days before too, and yesterday was in that range. I love the Edy's frozen yogurt that is caramel praline crunch. I probably should have had that instead of the banana fudge chunk that I chose instead

Chris- I thought about you this morning. I did Tai Chi for the first time. It's easier on the joints than Yoga. I don't know that there are any actual exercise benefits aside from feeling more relaxed, but it definitely had that effect. It doesn't involve any bouncing from position to position or holding awkward poses. It's all about smooth fluid movements, and the entire thing is done standing. The DVD I have is Scott Cole's Discover Tai Chi Am & PM Workouts. Anyway, that's my DVD review of the day.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #10  
Shake Your Booty!

OHhhhhhh I love that caramel praline crunch so much! LOL dang icecream hog I am!

OK what does OP mean Chris? I can't answer ya till I know what it is LOL!
Old 04-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Okay Chrissy, OP means on your program...eating healthy, exercising, etc.
So???? Okay, I'm weird this a.m. We stayed up late and watched Ladder 49. Good movie, but why can't they let the guy live. Always sad endings.

Chelle-So Tai Chai is good? I've thought about getting a dvd for it. I have a book for rheumatoid arthritis and tai chi and yoga are exercises they actually recommend doing. I might have to try it. I'm still on the search for those yoga dvds...the Candlelight yoga and the other one but everytime I bid on them on ebay...I get outbid. Sly little devils

I gotta get ready to get out of the house for the day. We are on the search for the birthday present for the most hard to buy for person in the world...MY DAD! It's his birthday today. I just never know what to get him. He's hard to shop for. If he wants something, he just buys it so that leaves very little to buy when it comes to birthdays. Anyhow, then its over to my sis's house to pick up Kayla. She spent the night. Then to my dad's/stepmom's to deliver the b-day present and then home. Tonight I'm helping my sis work on cleaning their apt again. They bought a house and we gotta get the rest of their stuff out of their apt. and get it ready for the walk through. Maybe, just maybe, they can get their deposit back.

~chris
Old 04-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #12  

I enjoyed he Tai Chi definitely. I think Yoga left me feeling more relaxed, but I think Tai Chi is easier on the joints since there aren't any weird poses. Know what I mean? I bought Candlelight Yoga on Overstock.com, I think. A lot of times, it ends up being cheaper than buying from eBay by the time you pay for shipping. Also try www.half.com or http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ Deep discount DVD has it for $8.99 including shipping (which is less than what I paid... hmmmm).

Can you tell I'm getting to be a master at finding cheap prices on all of these things to support my weird workout DVD addiction?
Old 04-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Chelle,
I'll have to check those out. I'm so p.o.ed right now. I won a lot of clothes on ebay for my littlest girl and they are nothing like the pictures in the auction...not a single item. I paid $15 plus $20 for shipping...she better have a solution. That's all I have to say.

Well I"m going to piddle around on ebay for a bit and see what else is shaking. TTFN

~chris
Old 04-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #14  

Any luck on the eBay auctions, Chris?

Where is everyone? I've been on a 3 day nonstop eating binge. It is insane. I think the only thing that is keeping me from ballooning back up to my starting weight is that I am still working out every day.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #15  
Jeniqua

Hello everyone! I just wanted to give everyone an update on my end. I found a 4 bedroom apartment!! Rent is based on your income. I have to go look at it next Thursday. It's right next door to my daughter's school so I won't have to pay someone to take her to school for me anymore. I plan to move next weekend so I have time to clean the house I'm moving out of. I have to go to court for my custody hearing tomorrow. My husband has been completely uncooperative. He still has no job and no place to live but yet he wants custody..LOL! He even had the nerve to ask me for money last week. Can you ladies believe it?? Next week is my last week of babysitting. I am still looking for a job. I had an interview at MC Donald's last week. The lady really liked me. I really don't want to work there but I will do whatever it takes to support my family right now. If I don't hear from her by Thursday she wants me to call her. The hours are ideal. I would be working from 8am-2pm. My daughters are in school all day. My son is the only one I would need a sitter for. I'll keep you all posted. Unfortunately, my exercise has been non existant.

Mel~ Hey! I'm thinking of you too. Have you heard anything yet?? Let us know what's going on.

Thank you ladies for thinking of me as I think of you all daily. I miss being here regularly but as soon as I move I know I'll be alot more motivated and less stressed. I'll bbl to chat with you ladies.

Chris~ It would be great to chat with you!!

PS~ I want to know where Michelle, Kristin, Jill and Roxy have been hiding???

Have a blessed day everyone!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote