Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#32)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:46 AM   #2  

Hello All

I'm still alive. I've just had a rough time lately. I've been busy & depressed. I know I shouldn't not post when I get in these moods but I didn't want to bring everyone down with me. It was so hard telling Chris bye when we left. It was much harder this time then the first time.

We had a great time. The graduation was awesome. I'm so proud of him.He's such a great guy.While we were there we drove to Chicago and went to the aqarium and saw downtown Chicago. It was sooooo cold and it snowed the whole trip! Chris is now in CT for a year for submarine schooling. He'll get a week leave but we haven't heard yet when it will be.

I couldn't sleep and got up to post and check messages. Now I'm getting sleepy so guess I better get back in bed....5:00 comes early!

Thank you all so much for the sweet letters, posts asking about me but most of all, for being my friend and loving me.

I'll post again tomorrow when I get home from work.

Hugs to all......
Old 03-31-2005, 10:36 AM   #3  
Losing it!

I just heard about Terri Schiavo passing away. Heaven has a beautiful angel...
I hope her husband can live with himself knowing the pain and heartbreak he put her family through. (enough said) :-(

just home long enough to pay bills...
Old 04-02-2005, 09:50 AM   #4  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning Girls

Rainy cold morning here is Tennesse. Where is Spring!! LOL!!

Sherry... I'm glad you posted and you are hanging in there. Take care things will get better!! Summer is somewhere in your near future. Everything alway looks better when the sun is shining. Hope you hear soon when Chris will get his leave.

I have been totally OP for 2 weeks now...Yipeee!! Going for the record this time...LOL.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. I'm doing housework today, my house is a wreck!
Love you guys...deb
Old 04-02-2005, 10:54 AM   #5  

Debbie-Good for you!! I'm so proud. Just take it 1 day at a time. Are you doing WW, or Atkins?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:27 PM   #6  

WOW! Everyone must be really busy!!! I guess that's just how life gets sometimes.
We all get too busy. Hope everyone will get a chance to post soon.

Well, I have no room for excuses about this weight anymore. I finally got an appointment and went today to the cardiologist. It turns out my symptoms are from a congenital heart defect known as ASD(atrial septal defect) or more commonly known as a whole in the heart. The symptoms manifest either by five years of age or not until the 30's or 40's. The number one thing I can do for my heart right now is LOSE WEIGHT!!! Hopefully, that will help me to avoid surgery and medications. So, if any of you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to listen!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Oh by the way, I took a report from a woman today who told me that people are coming into her house while she sleeps and moving food around in her freezer....no, really, that's what she wanted to report. NOW, do you see why I'm stressed?????hahaha
Old 04-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #7  

hi everyone..

i'm new...just began my food/excercise program last friday...i'm 38..have 4 kids...and have struggled off and on with my weight my entire adult life...in the past i have managed to lose..only to get complacent and re-gain...
i'm been unhappy about my weight for a long time now...and i've finally decided that i have to take responsiblilty...
i am doing a combo of k-count and dr.phil with a generous amount of excercise...

so far so good...mind you its only been four days..(which i'm sorry to say is a good start, sometimes i haven't lasted this long)....i'm trying to do what i should do..and am trying to make the internal changes....(dr.phil)

i'm so glad i found you all....thanks..

kate
Old 04-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #8  

Welcome Kate! Tell us a little about yourself. It's a little slow here right now, but I know it will pick up and you will get the support you need. Congratulations on staying OP!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:58 AM   #9  

Welcome, Kate! You have come to the right place. Why not go over to the bio thread and tell us a lot about yourself?? We are the nosy floozies, too!!

Ramona-Wow. I've heard of a hole in the heart. I think when I was a kid (many, many years ago) I seem to remember having a friend that had one. Now you have no excuses to lose some weight. I am enjoying WW, but I think that I am going back to Flex. I am starting to get ansy on Core. I need to shake things up a bit. Maybe I'm just tired of dieting right now. I have to keep this weight off though.

Doni-How are you doing? Are you seeing more and more clearly everyday?

Sherry-Yesterday was the first day back for the kids and teachers. Now it's time to get busy and do lots of bookkeeping stuff for the end of the year. I am going to take next Wed. and Friday off to help my parents move. They are closing on the 12th.
BTW, I'm very proud of you for coming back over to the exercise thread.

Dee-How are you? We haven't heard from you in a couple of days. I know you are walking up a storm, though. You really blew me into the weeds last month.

Debbie-What plan are you on? You are doing great!

Janice-I'm so happy that you are keeping us company over at the exercise thread. Keep up the good work.

Carol-Where are you? I hope you are okay.

Gayle-How's mom?? I miss your daily posts. Even though I haven't been posting much, I read it everyday. I've been lurking more and more over at ww.com to try and keep me OP.

Cheryl-How are you doing??

Krystal-How's it going?

Everyone else--come post and let us know how you are!
Love to all!

Last edited by ShelleyM; 04-05-2005 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #10  

Smile lol

thats funny shelly....lol...ok..i added my bio...if you have any other questions...ask away!
kate
Old 04-05-2005, 07:37 PM   #11  

Kate-I guess I'm stupid, but I read your bio. What does SO mean?? I'm thinking significant other? Lucky you being a SAHM!! BTW, Dee lives in Canada, too.

Had a rough day at school today. I felt so snowed under. I just can't seem to do my bookkeeping work because of being at the front desk. If it's not parents coming in, it's teachers calling me to call the custodian or something else. I wish they would forget my extension so I can get some things done. School will be out in 2 months, and I have sooo much work to do. I have to get money spent or we will lose it. There would be no explaining that to the principal, even though she's the one that stuck me at the front counter. I had someone from auditing come in last week and asked what I did to deserve the move up to the front desk. He doesn't know of any bookkeeper in that position. Oh well, I just have to keep telling myself I love my job!!!????
Old 04-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #12  

Welcome to our gang Kate. It has been very quiet here lately. We are usually really chatty. I hope that you stay with us. Four days on program is great, sometime it is hard to do one day.

Sherry please post. I am worried about you. I know that you are lonely but we are here for you. Sure it isn't the same but we love you. I am really miss you.

Ramona gee that doesn't sound too good. Please take care of yourself. Heart stuff scares me. It can be so serious. Take care and we can do it one day at a time.

Shelley, yeah, you rodk girl with all the running you do. I am up to 20 minutes swimming, then I join in with the aqua class. That is really hard work. How is your insision healing?

Gayle where art thou, my dear girl? How is your mom doing? Come out and play.

Debbie wow you are doing great sticking to program the last few weeks. I think some of us need encouragement, got anything to share? Is it almost pool time?

Janice how is the exercise going? I am glad that you post on the exercise thread. Keep it going.

My back has been really sore and I am finding it hard to sit again. That is why you haven't seen many posts from me lately. I am going to the doctor's thursday. I am feeling sorry for myself in the last two weeks and I gainned two pounds. As of monday I am back on plan. My girlfriends that walked with me before have gone back to work so I am on my own most of the time. It just isn't as much fun. What else is new....let see well my mom and dad came home sunday. They left for BC in January. We will go see them on the weekend. Dez will be home from university at the end of the month. It has been very warm here way above normal and I am sitting outside on my swinging bennch often. That is about all the news that I can think of.

Hope that you all find time soon to post.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:06 AM   #13  
Losing it!

Welcome Kate! You will LOVE this group of ladies! it's slow here now, but hopefully it will pickup. I am 41 years old with two daughters, how old are your kids?

Shelley, could you tell me what the article was about? I couldn't get the link to work. I'm guessing it was about one of the girls?

Ramona, take care of yourself sweetie, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm around (sometimes) Mom is on a low cholestrol/low fat/low sodium diet, so I'm gaining all kinds of knowledge reading food labels!

Sher, are you feeling better?

Deb, nice to see a posting from you!

Dee???

Other Chickadee's?????

I am sooooooooooo tired! I basically live at my moms and drop in and out of our house. In-home health comes every afternoon for therapy or bathing, usually for about an hour. She went to her local doctor yesterday and he told her she is living on borrowed time and is at a very high risk for a stroke now. Not real pleased with his choice of words, but I guess it is the truth. I'm sorry I can't check in more, but I have so much to do when it comes to giving mom meds, laundry, shopping, cooking, Allison to school etc. Steve is helping out as much as he can, but he will be going out of town again this next week. Just wanted to give you guys a quick update!
BTW: I am NOT losing weight!!! I have been running my A@@ off, but no change on the scale!!! On a good note, my mommy has dropped 28 pounds in 1 month! (most of which was fluid retention) Maybe I should have her join the 3FC's!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:49 AM   #14  

Gayle-Drs. can be so blunt sometimes!! Maybe he is just trying to scare everybody so that she won't do too much too soon. The article was about Becky and a couple of the guys that built an electric car in their tech studies class. They will be racing it near Cape Canaveral next weekend, so we are all going there to see it. I have to tell you, I am quite impressed. I knew she was working on this thing, but I didn't pay much attention to it. She was also on TV driving it around the track. She's the only girl to go the full 3 years (so far) in tech studies.

Dee-I'm sorry that your back is still hurting. Also, please know that the drugs you are taking may be causing the weight gain. I know Mike is always very swollen in his legs and stomach from it.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #15  
Janice

Welcome Kate!! You will get a lot of support and help with the Chicks!
I am at a stand still with my weight. I lost 9.5 lbs and have been sitting at the same weight for four days now. It is so discouraging, because I am following program. (WW)
I do have a problem drinking water though, I will try to get drinking more and see if it helps.
Ramona-please take care of yourself.
Closed Thread