Old 04-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #1  

Smile Sanctuary - #17 Everyone Welcome

What we really want in a weight loss support group, boils down to one concept; we are looking for a sanctuary.

Sanctuary means different things to different people. Sanctuary is a place of peace, rest, safety, and rejuvenation. It keeps our spirit and our sanity intact.

Many of us who have a long journey down the weight loss path find ourselves in need of a break. Sometimes our bodies crave it, and sometimes the choice isn't ours, but circumstances forces it upon us. Other times, we need the clamoring throng to cheer us along our way as we breeze past milestones and overcome obstacles.

Sanctuary can be all that as well. It is what you need and when you need it. Sanctuary can be found in good friends who aren’t afraid of your truths and in an open, honest atmosphere.

Sanctuary isn’t judgmental, neither does it discriminate or ask to be censured. It is open to anyone with a desire to share, and especially those in need of and willing to offer support
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #2  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wow, the threads sure change fast around here! OK, I've found you. Now to wait till I say anything. . . I'm hitting the hay here, late Sunday night! Ciao all. Later!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #3  

Smile

Every summer my two sisters and their families come to visit for a week. Since they come from Arkansas I always try to have all the grocery shopping done so we don't have to do that.

I have them send me recipes of what they want to have and ideas for meals.

My one niece emailed me they wanted Coke so I stocked up with 4 cases.

When they get here my one sister says "who the h_ll is the Coke for"? I said you, your daughter told me that is what you drink which surprised me because I thought you drank Pepsi. She says "I DO". Then it hits her - the coke/pop thing and the North/South thing. Actually SHE didn't think it was funny at all!!!! She made the kids drink all the Coke and forbid her daughter from suggesting ideas to me!!!!

Gloria: Where exactly is this garden with the tomatoes? If you see a strange women out there picking them - DON'T Shoot!!!! It's me!

Kuddo's to your sweet hubby.

Tricia: Loved your office supply story!

Didn't you say you wrap your knees sometimes? My question is, if my knee hurts and I wrap it to exercise will that make things worse? Or does the wrap make the knee "perform" better during exercise and not cause anymore hurt?

Congrats on the "1LB less than highest in college"!!!! You go girl, you are my inspiration.

Okay, it's a trend:
Quote:
Try a variety until you find a few that you like. If you want, I'll be happy to send you a couple of my favorite fruit and vegetable recipes for you to try. Just PM me if you do.
I would love those recipes too, Tricia

Chelsea: Congrats on the 5 lb loss!!!!

BarbPA: WELCOME BACK and DO NOT disappear again!!!

I am happy you found a new doctor you like and that your results were good.

The evening meal to me is dinner. I lived in the Cities for 30 years and that is what it is called there but in the country (where I am now) it is supper. When I first moved back my best friend from high school invited me to a dinner but I told her I couldn't go because I had another committment.

Later one lady where I worked said she was going to this event and was leaving work at NOON!!!! Then it dawned on me that my friend had meant this same event so I called and apologized. Now when someone asks me for dinner or supper I say dinner at noon or dinner in the evening!!!

Well, I have to get more into me.

I will check in later, it is suppose to be nice here today!!!

Old 04-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #4  

Good morning! How is everyone handling the time change? It isn't so bad for me today - but tomorrow when I'm trying to drag the kids out of bed for school at what seems like and hour too soon- I don't think it is going to be pretty!

Are our 2x2 weights due today? I remember someone starting another one but couldn't remember who or when. Anyway, my weight on the 20th was 167.2 and this morning I was at 164 exactly. So put me down for 3.2 pounds lost over the two week period.

We are in for a gorgeous day today. We are on our way out now to enjoy it. It is still a little soggy from all of the rain we've had but I don't care - we need to bask in the sunshine for a while! I am think I am going to take the kids to fly a kite. It won't take long as I am like Charlie Brown. Mine ALWAYS gets eaten by a tree. Even when we start out in a wide open field - I don't know how it happens, but it does.

Gloria - I've been meaning to ask about Sky. How is your sweetie doing these days?

Lucky, I'll PM you my favorite veggie recipes as soon as I can. Or, if you want to PM your email address to me I can send them in a word file.

Okay, I'm off. You all have a terrific day!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #5  

Thumbs up

Tricia - YAHOO for you.

I went out to start raking and my neighbors dang dog has dug a huge hole under one of the sheds - it's a constant problem that never gets resolved. Mainly because my neighbor is my brother & his family and the dog belongs to my sister-in-law!!!! Get the picture!!!

I came in after only 1 1/2 hours because I don't feel so hot. I started to get a sore throat yesterday and now my head feel woozy -

Anyway, I am off to sit on my newly cleaned porch (yesterday) and watch some Oprah & Dr. Phil. I need to do some paperwork but that can wait for another time!!

Later,
Old 04-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #6  

Thumbs up

Andria, I have been meaning to ask, Is Tony EVER going to post again????? I miss his musings.

Also a reminder to Andria and BarbG and BarbPA to get in here and post. And where oh where has Skitt gone?????

Come out, come out - I need everyones support here!!!!! I will even give some!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #7  

Good Morning!

Boy, this daylight savings time is a KILLER on the first day of school! It makes for cranky, cranky, children - an mom and dad aren't in the best of moods!

My in-laws live in Ohio and they sent of pictures of the 8 inches of snow that they woke up to yesterday. Oh my goodness. I almost felt guilty frolicking around in our 75 degree weather!

I was reading one of the support threads about clothing sizes. They were discussing the differences in sizes today compared to 10 years ago. I had never thought about it before but today's sizes are much bigger than they used to be. I was reading an old journal for fun, and sure enough, at this weight back then I was complaining that the smallest size I could fit into was a 14 - and they were snug. At the same weight today I am in a 12 - and some (only some) of them are a little loose. Don't get me wrong, I like the number 12 but realizing it isn't what I remember sort of stole some of my thunder. Oh, well. I still have to lose the same amount of weight regardless of clothing size so I am pressing on!

We have a busy day today. Addie starts speech therapy this morning. She is very excited because she will be at the same school as her big brother. She is a "big" girl now. It will be nice to have a little one on one time with Jake. It is so hard to give either of the boys individual attention like that. Addie by nature gets it because she will hang out with me while I paint my nails, etc. But I really have to make an effort to make sure that Will and Jake get their time too. So, having both Will and Addie in school (even though Addie will only be there 45 minutes) will build in that extra time for Jake a couple times a week.

Well, we are off. I hope everyone has a great day!

Tricia
Old 04-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #8  
Gloria

Thanks for asking about Sky Tricia. You are such a sweet person. Around 4 o'clock yesterday i was in the process of typing a post and telling everyone that Sky hasn't had an epileptic seizure in about a month. Then i hear Carl yelling at me to come quick because Sky was having a seizure. Between 4 o'clock and 7 o'clock yesterday, Sky had 4 seizures and another 2 this morning between 6 and 8 A.M. I made an app. with my vet to take her in in about half in hour. I will let you know the outcome A.S.A.P.
Gloria
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #9  
Gloria

I took Sky to the vet this morning and they did blood work on her to find out if there might be some other problem that is causing her seizures. I wont know till tomorrow what the vet can do for her.

So where is everyone? Out enjoying this beautiful day? Have to get supper started so hopeful i will be able to talk later tonight.
Gloria
Old 04-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #10  

Smile

Gloria, I will say a prayer for Sky - maybe I should send my cat over to comfort Sky.

Tricia: I have heard that about clothes sizes too. Everyone just wants to mess with our minds.

Well, I have to have dinner (evening meal) and do bills!!!! (jealous)

Later,
Old 04-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #11  

Gloria You and Sky are in my thoughts. I hope all works out for the best, whatever the outcome. Bless both you.

For those of us with a sweet tooth I have found the most awesome product. They are ice cream sandwiches by Skinny Cow. They are pretty big, only 130 calories, 2 grams of fat. They have 23 carbs and 2 grams of fiber - but I don't count carbs so I don't know if that is a lot for those of you who do. They come 6 to a pack. Three are chocolate wafers with chocolate ice cream and the other three are chocolate wafers with vanilla ice cream. I am utterly surprised by how good these things are. They taste like I'm cheating!

I just came in from the gym and since I spent a little time in the tanning bed before I left I am awefully smelly - hope you can't smell me from there!
So, I am hitting the shower and falling right into bed - I'm not really tired but I've got to force myself to accept this time change some time.

Hope you all have a good night!
Tricia
Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #12  
Gloria

The vet just called about Sky's blood work and he said everything looks good. The doctor said yesterday that sometimes the seizures are caused by the thyroid and not epilepsy. Now i have to wait another two weeks for another test to come in before we can start her on medication. The vet asked me why i hadn't started her on meds before this, i told him i have five dogs and money is an issue. Hopefully he will give me a discount on the medication Sky will have to take the rest of her life.

Now for the good news. When i go to bed at night, i have to sleep on my side because my head just won't turn far enough to the side so i can sleep on my stomach. For those of you that don't know this, i was in a car accident in 2003 and had to have an operation on my neck. Anyway, what usually happens when i first go to bed at night, my stomach flops on one side of the bed while the rest of me is on the other. I usually pull the covers up over me before Carl comes to bed so he wont see my jelly belly. Since riding old blue, there is less flopping and Carl is actually able to sleep in the middle of his side of the bed without having to hold onto the side to keep from falling off. Before the accident i was able to do setups, but now I'm physically unable to do them. I know its only been a week since i started riding my bike, but when i look in the mirror i don't look six months pregnant anymore, its more like three months now. Happy dance for me.

Gloria
Old 04-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Hola, mi amigas!

I'm back, I have LOTS of catching up to do, reading posts, laundry, you name it. Our trip was FABULOUS. Hot, sunny, beachy days, lots of pina coladas, great food and I DIDN'T GAIN ANY WEIGHT!!!!! We did a lot of walking and swimming, but the fact that our rooms were on the third floor, and our suite itself had two floors, may have had something to do with that!

We came home Saturday, no, make that Sunday. We were SUPPOSED to come home Saturday. We were told to get to the Cancun Airport about 3 hours ahead of time, so we could turn in the car, get through the security checks, blah blah blah. We sailed through all that, had breakfast and sat down to wait....and wait....and wait...and then we waited some more. 12 hours after we got there, we got on a plane. Everyone thought it was the bad weather on the East coast causing the delays, but it turned out there was some mechanical difficulties on the plane. <I really didn't need to know that, thank you very much, Miss Informative Stewardess> ...we actually arrived in Newark Airport around 3:30 am or thereabouts. Throw in waiting for baggage and clearing customs AND the time change...we were in our home, finally, around 6am...with the anniversary party starting at 1:00.

Somehow, it all went off without a hitch...the party was wonderful, just wonderful, I think my folks are still on cloud nine about the whole thing!

I spent yesterday catching up on my sleep, food shopping, unpacking, laundry, carting the boy to the orthdontist and karate, picking the dog up from the kennel and then went back to work last night...I NEED A NAP!

I'll catch you all later after I've rested a bit...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-05-2005 at 10:48 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #14  

Hey Gang!

How is everyone?? I'm tired right now, just got back from the store. I tried to buy healthy things. I'm still trying to get over this retched upper respiratory infection. Ick!!

I felt kind of down these past couple of days because there were a few things that I ate that I probably shouldn't have. But then I started writing in my journal, and I started feeling better, because I realized that all the bad things that I ate in those three days, I could have easily eaten in one day flat normally! So that made me feel better that I was still doing quite a bit better than normal. I don't think I'll be losing 5 lbs in 5 days again though! But hopefully still some.

Gloria-I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs seizures! I hope everything turns out for the best! And good for you for not having as much stomach as before! Yay!!

I don't have my Sign Language class tonight...yippee! I really do like it, but it's far away, and usually in traffic. And I'm so tired right now that I'm glad I don't have to make the trip!

I walked today and a little later I'm planning on doing my arm excersises. I really do feel better!

Anyhoo, I'm gonna get off of here for now. I'll talk to you all soon!
Chelsea
Chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #15  

P.S.- Kat-Very nice to meet you! You don't know me because I'm fairly new here, but am enjoying being here very much! I look forward to getting to know you better too!
Chelsea
Chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote