Old 04-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Smile Weighty Issues #26

Welcome to the April edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls I started a fresh, new thread for us. It's raining here (again) , it seems like the past four weekends have been like this. I hope it clears up by 10:30 for Michae'l swimming lesson...I sound like a broken record every weekend We went to the movie The Pacifier last night. It was actually pretty entertaining. I don't much like Vin Diesel as an actor but he's some pretty good eye candy. I like him like I like Sly Stallone, beautiful physique from the neck down, but I don't much care for their faces

Angie, you guys rock! You'll be rolling in the dough, really! Word of mouth is the best advertising. Are you guys still doing the donuts for your MIL? You are NOT banned from this thread just because you're not dieting right now, if you left who would I relate to? We love ya no matter what.

Gina, hey, a maintain is a good thing especially if you were expecting a gain, right? Just look forward to week ahead. I had to chuckle about your cat-in-the-backpack story. That really sounds like something my son and my niece would try to do. I LOVE Ikea although we don't have one in HI. These girls always have to hear me whine about no Ikea, Target, Crate and Barrell, etc etc at least once a month (usually after one of you mentions going there!) How exciting (and romantic) that your sis is getting married. Even though she has to live across the street from mom and dad, she'll have built-in babysitters eventually

Cherie, have a great weekend w/Alan. You can whine all you want around here, we'll give ya a kick in the pants if you need it --BTW, where is Dips lately??? She was an awesome drill sergeant. Let me remind you of the mantra, the weight didn't come on overnight, it's not going away overnight--ODAT (one-day-at-a-time).

Cal, I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this. The best of luck with your case and hopefully some real closure soon.

Kempy, come out come out wherever you are

Hello to Dips, Summer and anyone I may have missed. Enjoy the weekend girls.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Noelle, Thanks for starting a new thread. It didnt even dawn on me that it was that time again. I hope the rain has stopped for you. It is pouring here now, they say we may have some pretty bad flooding. I remember we had a massive flood on April 1 in 1987. It was like the worst flooding we had ever had. We couldnt get leave our house for over a week. We lived on the top of a hill with a river at the bottom of the hill. My dad took his canoe and my bike and crossed it and then rode my bike to a store about 20 miles away to buy some food and their cigs for us all. Luckily people he knew gave him a ride after he got past the flooded area so he didnt get too tuckered out. The pics of the damage were awesome. It is amazing what water can do.

Yesterdays totals at the bakery were awesome. I do love to make money but I am very nervous of what is to come this summer. How will we get to close so we can come home and do the donuts? Maine street is packed all day with people walking in and out of the shops. My sis might come up and run the register for us from 2-5 or so just so we can leave and start the donuts. God, I hope she does anyways. I am so tired today though. I slept in a little until my back hurt. I am not a morning person!!! I have been getting up at 4 every day and it just isnt me. haha

Did everyone change their clocks today? Noelle, you are so lucky you guys dont have to worry about the time changes. Well, I suppose I should enjopy the next couple of hours before I have to go cook the donuts.

Love ya guys!! I am definately going to look into getting a laptop so I can chat with you on the days it is dead up there.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #4  

Just have time to check in quickly. I'm not that busy today, but I worked yesterday and so today is my one and only day off. I am just going to take it easy. In fact, it's 10:45 and I am still in my jammies.

Angie: We don't have to change our clocks here in Arizona, either. I don't even think about it except that my sisters in TX and CA are now on different times. Hope everthing keeps busy for you, but not so much that you can't take a breather once in awhile.

Gina: My hubbie wanted to know what part of Italy your parents are from? Do you speak Italian?

Have a great day everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone! Happy Monday.

My weekend was good. Spent it running around with Alan. He is having a big party next weekend, and we were trying to find the odds and ends he needed... and just basically get stuff done. Saturday, we found time to ride our bikes around the lake (10 miles) and then last night, we ended up at the Jazz Lab listening to one of his music buddy's parents perform (folky style music) and then after them was a bluegrass group. They were actually really good. I love music and to see it live is really a treat.

I ate totally too much this weekend.. but I did manage to get a little exercise in with the biking and running around. Friday night I did 4 miles on the treadmill before I actually went over to his house... so if I just pick it back up today, I should be OK.

Angie... your bakery sounds like it is doing GREAT!!! Congrats again on that!

Noelle.... sorry about the rain. I had the most beautiful weekend here... just a little breezy, but the temps were perfect, the sun was out.. it was gorgeous!

I did manage to set my clocks forward.... but I am sleepy now.. missing that one hour of sleep!

OK.. well, I better get back to work.... it's end of month, and end of year for our company, and our boss is still out sick. (She was gone all last week!)

Talk to you all soon... I'll check back later today!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #6  

Hi girls

How is everyone doing today?

Cherie it sounds like you had a lovely weekend with Alan. Are you going to Alan's party next weekend? I love coming up with theme ideas and stuff for parties. I am totally missing that one hour of sleep too. Since I only get about 5-6 a night I feel wiped. Have a good day at work!!

Angie I agree with Noelle, nothing better than word by mouth advertising. I am so happy everything is going so well for you. I don't care if you are not dieting at the moment, I am just glad you come and talk....after all thats what friends do. I am not going to judge you. I just love talking to you and hearing about the store an your life. Any word on the house yet?

Hey Cal nothing wrong with staying in your P.J.'s once in a while during the day. Good for you. I hope you got some rest.

Noelle thanks for the new thread. Did little Michael get his swimming lesson in? I hope your weekend was nice.

Thinking about you Kemp. Hope everything is well.

Well girls I really want to work hard the next two weeks straight. No cheating, excercise, and eating OP. Anyone want to join with me and do as best as we can for a couple of weeks? I have my physical coming up and I want to see a weight I am happy with, not only that I want to look half way decent in my swimsuit this summer. This weekend we did alot of Spring cleaning....it felt so good to clean out junk and stuff and old boxes we do not use anymore, spent alot of time outside (weather was beautiful), kids had a picnic in the backyard. Dh and I had our anniversary dinner on saturday. Steaks and I made a bacon broccoli salad and baked potatoes and peanut butter cheese cakes. Yes the dessert was like heaven but I am not going to have it for awhile. I modified the recipe to a little healthier version and used ff cream cheese, egg whites and less butter in the crust. So I don't feel that bad. Hello to everyone else!! Check back later.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #7  

Hey girls

I hope everyone had a nice day. Have a nice night. I over-ate tonight but excercised my butt off today. Hopefully it equals out everything.
Well I thought I would pull us off page two!! Bye for now.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #8  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, just checking in for today. I had a positive mindset this morning and went out and got some healthy foods (low fat/high fiber cereal, fruits, veggies, etc.) so I could attempt to get back on track. I'm gonna try counting points again (since we have a fellow WW person onboard ) and see where that takes me. I'm tired of wearing Rick's t-shirts for bed, I wanna wear some nice, girlie stuff So I had some cereal w/skim milk for breakfast, then Rick and I actually had sushi for lunch. I had a run in w/some nutter butter cookies before I remembered that I was supposed to be avoiding them , but then I stopped at 2...vs 6 on a regular non-thinking day It's drizzling once again so I don't know if I can get out walking but I do have some laundry to haul up and down the stairs so at least I get a weights workout???

Michael admitted to me on Saturday that he actually kinda 'did like swimming lessons', but 'only this much' *with his fingers about 3 cm apart I'm kind of disappointed that right when he's getting comfortable in the water again, he's only got one lesson left. The next session probably won't be for another 6 weeks--then it'll be like pulling teeth to get him there all over again.

Julie, Happy belated Anniversary I'm sorry I didn't catch that sooner, I remember you mentioned a few months backs that you two were maybe going to catch the Crue concert to celebrate? Any word on that front? So how many years are ya celebrating? Great thinking 'skinnying' up that recipe for the cheesecake

Cherie, glad you have a wonderful weekend w/Alan. You biked and treadmilled so I'm sure you countered any excess calories you may have consumed. Heck, I've found that sometimes if you indulge a little it can actually trick your body into letting go of the pounds if you're exercising regularly. You're doing great girl and I like that your motivation is catching around here

Angie, WOW is all i can say. I'm so proud of you guys doing so well out there. I hope Wendy can help ya out when the real busy season starts. Thinking of you making donuts just made me remember that movie about the rich lady who lost her diamond ring in the donut batter, remember that one? Waaaaay back when? Then they had a frenzy in the bakery w/everyone trying to find it just so they could get a reward? Don't wear your jewelry!

Kempy, OK girl, where the heck are ya? We're getting worried here. Are you doing your gardening and stuff like crazy? If that's all it is, then that's okay, but try to check in when you can. We miss you.

Well, I guess I'll run for now. Hello to Gina, Dips, Summer and anyone else I may have missed. have a good evening.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies! I am here.. just really busy at work.... I'll be back later. Just wanted to bump our thread up!
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning Busy here as well, just checking in. Have a great day. Be back later.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, You are the sweetest person I know. Thank you so much for the flowers. The delivery guy came while I was waiting on a lady so Jay signed for them and when I got done I had to go out back for a second. I came out front and Jay was waiting on a lady and I asked him what came. He said You got flowers I think. I said Oh, did you get me flowers? He says no. In front of the lady with a big grin on his face. I love them. They are right on top of the showcase so everyone can see them.

Julie, Happy anniversary. I am so caught up in the bakery that I feel like I am missing everyone.

Cherie, How are your neighbors? Been knocking on the ceiling lately? All I can think of is that song that goes Knock 3 times on the ceiling if you love me. hahah I am such a freak.

Okay I gotsta get to work. I will try so hard to stop in tonight and write a real message.

Love Ya !!!!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Geez, I couldn't find you guys. Came back from lunch, and there you were!

I have to work till 3:00 today because one of the girls is out. So, I'm taking a break

Cal: My parents are from Calabria, and no, I don't speak Italian. My brother does, and I picked up some words here and there, but my parents and relatives have been in the States for so long, they have stopped talking talking Italian. I almost typed they have stopped talking ~~ that is definitely not the case. They never stop!

Cherie: Sounds like you had a great weekend with your friend Alan. So what if you overate. With all the exercising you do, you will either maintain or work it off. Keep up the good work.

Angie: That's great that your bakery is doing so well. Wait till the summer. You will have to hire extra help probably? Do you have cakes as well? One of the girls who use to work here moved to York Habor or York Beach, something like that. Is that near you? I have seen pictures and its very scenic. I've been to Old Orchard Beach when I was just a tyke. All I can remember is that the water way way cold and the waves were big!

Julie: Congrats on your anniversary. What a nice dinner you made. You sound like a good cook. Me, I have a lot of ideas of things I would like to make, but never enough time to try them out, and with 4 kids, they usually like the same ole stuff. Hubby, he doesn't care, he will eat anything I put in front of him ~~ so that's somewhat of a help to me.

Well, I have been busy trying to get water out of our basement. We have had flooding big time here because of the snow melting and coming down the Conn. River from Vermont and Maine. People were going down the street in their canoes and boats! We have a sump pump going full time, and most of the stuff that was on the basement floor we rescued. This happens almost every year with the river rising, but not to this extent.

I have been trying to really cut back this week. I usually take a quick walk on my "lunch hour", which really is one-half an hour, and I eat half a sandwich of either tuna, egg salad, or a salad,since I really don't have time to eat out, I bring my lunch to work. I will probably take another mile or so walk this evening, after dinner, since now we are on daylight savings time, which makes it nice for after dinner things to do.

Hey Noelle, I never tried Sushi. The supermarket usually has some samples everyday, but I'm too to try it.

Ok, gotta go back to my swamp land neighborhood! Have a great day and evening. Hi to Kempy, Dips, and anyone else that I may have missed!!

Gina
Ginact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #13  

Good Grief, I guess you know my name by now! I was trying something out, and it certainly came out wierd..I have to try and fix it when I have time.

Bye
Ginact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Angie, you're very welcome . I trust they arrived in good shape? If not, let me know and I can b*tch someone out about the quality . I tried looking for a florist in Greenville but there wasn't anyone listed that I could order online. I ended up going w/ Ftd.com who delivers everywhere. Glad you like them, enjoy! I couldn't not congratulate you on your new store. Hehe, I wonder if Jay was wondering who the heck sent ya flowers

Cherie, I have to continue where Angie left off: twice on the pipe if the answer is no... I just love(d) Tony Orlando & Dawn. Sheesh, that makes me think of 'the days'...Donny and Marie "Good night everybody" or Charlies Angels.

Gina, oh no, good luck drying out your basement. If you can't find our thread on the first page, just click on page 2 under support groups--God forbid we should fall to page 3

How's your day been Julie? Everyone staying in line? I watched Nanny 911 and Super Nanny last night. It was a first for me although I've heard about both shows. I can't believe how some parents will even allow their children to get to that point of swearing, hitting or spitting at them. If my son did that he'd get a good old fashioned swat on the butt. There was a 4 y.o. boy that gave him mom the finger and swore at her when she put him in timeout in the 'naughty room'

Well, I've got a bunch more stuff to take care of, hello to everyone else and have a good rest of the evening.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #15  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, they arrived great. I am sure he was wondering because as soon as he was done waiting on the customer he came right out to see who sent them. I took the bubble wrap off and handed it to him and said that Noelle even sent you a toy to play with. .....He has been playing with bubble wrap all week when it gets slow and there isnt anyone to wait on.

Julie, No word on the house yet. I figure they either decided on another one(except none of the houses they looked at are listed as under contract on the internet) or they are waiting for their house to sell first before they do anything. Jay called our realtor and told him to push the house. We really want the funeral ...ahum...Colonial Home. I have the floor plan in my head and would love the chance to do it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys, The locals in town have been telling us not to worry that April is the worst month to be open up there. I thought we were doing great. haha anyways, they all keep saying to wait until summer there will be so much business we probably wont be able to keep up with it and we will be wanting the tourists to leave. I am scared now. hahaha I can not even imagine how many pies I am going to have to sling out.

Gina, York Harbor is about 3 hours from us. I love Old Orchard Beach. It is so pretty on the beach. I think the town looks trashy though. My favorite place up here is Camden. It is so pretty there.

Kempy, Where are you? Now you have me worried, are you okay?