Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #1  

Default *************************** vanished - meeting place for those to found this location

Hi all of you had been part of the *************************** forum.

I don't know what happened to the forum -- but I am posting this in hopes that the people who I talked to here find us here now.

So far kirsten and halfame had found this now as well. I am sadden that our forum just vanished poof - but I am glad I have an other place so quickly to come too. And I wanted to be able to welcome the others that find this place and follow here.

I was apart of a couple of things there -- so some of them come over we can open threads here of the same thing

I was in the 100+ there -- luckly there is one here too but I haven't found a weekend way in one yet and would love it we had most our our group to share that with again .

I was also in a daily goal one -- there is one similiar here that kirsten and halfame found me in thus far -- hence why I decided to open this up now so it would stand out more in case others follow.

And I was in Yellobeuty's ten pound challenge.

I am so hoping that legalbeagles, (both of you) and redrabbit, yellobeuty, Snglmom, tennie, bananajan, oh and so so many more find this place now as well. I am thinking of you all -- i now how saddened and lost I felt today when I saw it was gone gone gone - and how I felt a bit better once i seen kirsten and halfame found this place - so I have hope that more will now too

If you are from the other forum and we didn't know each there -- please feel free to reply still -- cause all are welcomed .

I dont want anyone else to have that feeling of being lost now either --

Dove
Old 04-02-2005, 10:33 PM   #2  

K sorry I am trying to make this stand out a bit right now - so I am just making a new post for that reason only .

Dove
Old 04-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #3  

and again
Old 04-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #4  

Old 04-03-2005, 01:59 AM   #5  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Hi Dove,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I have done South Beach before and enjoyed it, but then went to low fat and restricted calorie. I am going back to South Beach on Monday and am hoping for the same success that I had before. I hope to get to know you all!
Old 04-03-2005, 06:57 AM   #6  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC I hope your friends find you here! I once belonged to a forum that closed without notice, so I know how it feels to be suddenly displaced. It's also hard to lose contact with the friends you make online, since you can't just invite them over for coffee.

I checked and it looks like their whole server is down, including other sites they run, so they may just be having temporary technical problems. We were down for an hour Friday morning, due to a power outage. Even if they do come back, we hope you will still visit us We have a great group of South Beachers here, as well as supportive members across the board.

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #7  

Hey Dove ! Suzanne...yes it is hard when you are displaced like that. We didn't have a Plan B established, so all we can do is hope they eventually find their way over here.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:58 AM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Hello, travelers. I don't exactly do SBD, I do Sugar Busters, which is pretty similar to SBD Phase II. I have the SBD book and incorporate the principals in my WOE, which has been remarkably successful for me.

I also hope your friends find you and/or your forum comes back up, but at any rate, I'm sure everyone here is glad to welcome you to this neck o' the diet woods.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #9  

Thank you all -- and all are welcomed here of course.

Suzanne thanks for letting me know that even 3fatchicks could have problems in the future (ie friday at power thing). I am looking forwarding to getting to know you and many others .

Rebelridergirl -- welcome welcome welcome -- I love this southbeach way of life now -- I have been doing it for two months now - and 28.6 pounds down . I hope you enjoy it as much - and if you any questions please feel free to ask us .

Amarantha - I actually never even heard of suger busters until until I joined 3fatchicks yesterday -- but i myself have been avoiding sugar totally since I started the beach -- we are allowed small amounts on the beach -- but I just don't touch it other then what is natural found in fruits -- are yo allow fruits then on sugar busters or is just refined sugar you have to stay away from? And you are more then welcome to join us too - doesn't really mater the diet - it is support in losing the weight in general . Though if we have knowledge of the others I guess it would help in giving the correct sort of support .

Halfame -- I don't think the other place will come back now - it is still not there. SO time to make our nest now and settle in .

Hugs to all
have a very successful day to you all
Dove
Old 04-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Dove, SB allows for small amounts of sugar as well as the sugar in fruits and milk (except for pineapple, ripe bananas, raisins and watermelon).

We have a "no refined sugar" club here in the miscellaneous clubs section and of course you and halfame and your friends would all be warmly welcome there. I also have hung out for many years with the "royals" ... or whatever we are calling ourselves this year (thread starter is Kaylets) ... and everyone there would also be happy for you all to join us, as I'm sure everyone in all the clubs and groups would be. It's a friendly place.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #11  

thank you again amarantha - wow that sugar busters is very similiar to our south beach -- it is the same fruits even that we are to avoid as well. or limit depending on what verison of Southbeach you are following -- i do the avoid thing .

I will drop into the no refine sugar thread now too - thanks for the invite .

Dove
Old 04-03-2005, 04:35 PM   #12  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove16
Suzanne thanks for letting me know that even 3fatchicks could have problems in the future (ie friday at power thing). I am looking forwarding to getting to know you and many others .
You're welcome Sometimes things happen beyond our control. We've been here since 1997, though, and we aren't going anywhere
Old 04-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #13  

Yea then I will plant my roots - and hang up my mail box I have a new home
Old 04-03-2005, 04:54 PM   #14  

Dove...the other board was hacked yesterday.....actually a LOT of phpBB forums were hacked yesterday. I just spent some time on the phpBB forums and there are alot of very upset people....whoever it was sunk a BUNCH of boards yesterday. All we can do is hope that the person that was running our board can work out the bugs and it should be back....looks like a few have their old ones up and running again (and even the old posts are there).
Old 04-03-2005, 05:15 PM   #15  

OH I am glad you had more success in getting info from the phpbb boards then I had -- i went to the main one even - was told point blank - not ask questions there about other 3rd parties forums - so there is hope yet -- thanks for keeping in the loop.

weird that the url totally vanished too with a hacker -- so you were pretty smarting thinking that might of been the cause -- which one is back? I would like to check out what they are all saying now too.

thanks Dove
Closed Thread