Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 AM   #1  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default Gettin' together -- April 2005

Hey, Gals, welcome to April!

Today was my first day at the gym! I was definitely nervous, Rob went with me on a guest pass for moral support. I look at this first session as more of my learning how to use the equipment more than a real workout, since there was a fair amount of stopping, starting and waiting because I didn't know how to use the machines. I did the treadmill, the bike, and a couple of the resistance machines. A nice looking trainer helped us learn how to do everything.

I was surprised how crowded it was, I couldn't get on an elliptical, so that will have to wait until next time.

So another piece of good news, I lost 1.8 lbs this week!!!!! I was thrilled. It took work, and major chocolate avoidance, but I did it. So I'm happy to see the March weight loss stall madness behind me!

Have a great day everyone, and be nice to someone Scottish! it's their heritage week after all!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:48 AM   #2  

Heyyyyy I am here, Like the fact that it's APRIL..and I will give my Scotty lots of sugars...hehe HAGD!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:51 AM   #3  

Talking oops, Brain fart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64
Hey, Gals, welcome to April!

Today was my first day at the gym! I was definitely nervous, Rob went with me on a guest pass for moral support. I look at this first session as more of my learning how to use the equipment more than a real workout, since there was a fair amount of stopping, starting and waiting because I didn't know how to use the machines. I did the treadmill, the bike, and a couple of the resistance machines. A nice looking trainer helped us learn how to do everything.

I was surprised how crowded it was, I couldn't get on an elliptical, so that will have to wait until next time.

So another piece of good news, I lost 1.8 lbs this week!!!!! I was thrilled. It took work, and major chocolate avoidance, but I did it. So I'm happy to see the March weight loss stall madness behind me!

Have a great day everyone, and be nice to someone Scottish! it's their heritage week after all!
I am glad you started the GYM, WTG you will get into a routine and LOVE it...I cannot believe how sore I am today, wow...HAGD..Pizza...hmmmm.drooling, lol
Old 04-01-2005, 12:20 PM   #4  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

If I worked out at the Y as hard as you all do, I think my pounds would melt away. Y'all challenge me, which is something I need. The backs of my thighs are still so tight from working in the yard. I'm sure the sight of me hobbling around here is amusing, but I need to do some stretches and keep moving.

A drumroll....I lost 1.5 pounds this week! The plateau, she is broken! I'm definitely retaining a lot of water right now, so to see a loss on the doctor's scale today was an amazing thing. I still feel like a puffy marshmallow, but there's still less of my puffy self than last week.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Kimberley - yay! congrats I once hopped on my scale thinking I should have gained, I was puffy as well.. and I was down.. gotta love that Keep it up !! Make sure you do a little warm up before you stretch, stretching a cold muscle can hurt it.. or I think so..

Marge - a goodlooking person at the gym? Thats always a definite motivation for me.. the gym I used to go to had tons of really hot men.. it's nice to have some eye candy to look at! Mmmm.. at my old old gym the treadmill overlooked the free weight area, it made those 45 minute runs a lot more fun! I'm showing my age aren't I? Congrats on your weight loss! You all are shrinking!

As for me? I'm.. RE-shrinking, I lost the 4 pounds I had gained, and am actually AT my ticker weight now. I changed some of my goals up, and now am looking forward to a 14 pound loss for April. I'm going to start mini training for a 10km walk/run on April 17th. My origional plan was to run it, but I just didn't train for it.. so I'll walk it. I think I'm prepared right now, but in the next couple weeks I'll look at increasing my km's, when I go for walks now I go for 5-6km's, so I'll add 1-2km's to that and really try and increase my pace. It's called the Vancouver Sun Run, the 10 km thing, and I've wanted to do it for 3 years, and I figure walking it is better than not doing it at all! My brother will come up from Seattle for the walk as well, it'll be a good time Alrighty, you know the drill, I have to go shower.. lol.. I'm always leaving here to shower! Take care you Fabulous Gals!

-Aimee
Old 04-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #6  

Red face woohoo

WTG Marge and Kimberley for losing, Aimee u too girl !! I will not be weighing myself until a week from Sunday...I will then have been working out at Curves for close to 2 weeks, and eating better...I took a 2 hour nap, but boy are my legs still sore..whew!
I will be ISO some great getaways for the Summer and fall with the 3 of us...Usually, we go camping, ( Tent), but, the last trip of the season last year, it downpoured for HOURS, buckets and buckets, so bad everyone in the park left...We ended up throwing out the tent and sleeeping bags ( u see here, in the Adirondacks, you camp on dirt and sand, not like the lush grass of OHIO, and rest of the country, so when it rains it is a MESS)..I hated that tent anyhoo. DH likes Domes, and it was a large one,but, with the rod up my back, it is so hard for me to get around in them since the sides curve in...I have finally talked him into a really nice Cabin tent we found, but we decided to take the year off from camping and go to hotels and cabins this Year for a change...DH works shifts, one week days, then a day off, the next 3-11, then the weekend off til Tues, when he goes in at midnight ( 11-7) then has 2 days off b4 he startsover again, some weeks he gets a lot of OT too, so he is exhausted. Usually we schedule camping for his long weekends so he won't have to use a lot of vacation time for that and we use that for longer trips, like in November we are driving to Fla to spend Thanksgiving with my elderly parents, my dad is not fairing well any more and I know he only has a matter of time ( he is 87, and had me at 50)...In May, we are using one day and taking the long weekend he has off to go back to OH and visit Heather ...So we have planty of time left for trips...I will be looking into Gatlinburg, TN and Niagara falls today...it is hard to find QUALITY places that aren't too commercial or dumpy when you bring your small dog, we never leave him home..well, am off, gotta finish that sauce and get looking, HAG1 all!
Old 04-02-2005, 02:21 AM   #7  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, y'all. I was so shocked and happy to see the number dipping on that scale.

Lunch with our friends was great. My mom came with me and we split the dinner portion Caribbean Chicken entree since it came with two chicken breasts, and she just got two sides a la carte. Sure beat paying $8.99 each for the lunch portion. Of course, the freakin' $1.99 we paid for each coffee kinda blew that away, LOL. We shopped for 4 1/2 hours and then closed down Bob Evans for dinner.

Their new Tuscan Chicken salad is great! If I'd not had the banana bread, I would have been within my calories for the day...But you know about me and banana bread. And the irony was, it was again with my mother!

Ohio? Hey, now -- where in Ohio? We'd love to meet you if you have time. We may stay at a hotel in Cleveland the weekend of May 28-29 and catch the Indians game on Sunday for an early b-day gift for Howie.

Last edited by Gardenwife; 04-02-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #8  

Talking Gm

Hey all drinking some Java...Where is everybody the last couple of days? Everyone must have a life except me, lol...

Kimberley...I love Bob Evans, and sure wish they had one here...I miss that Peanut Butter Pie..YUM! I think that is the weekend we are going to be in Toledo. This is the first time I will be back to Ohio in close to 7 years, so I will be busy visiting, we will only be there 3 days...Maybe we can catch up the next time I go, lol only who knows when that will be...I am thinking in 1 year, he promised me we will not be staying away for so long, and he really wants to go to Cedar Point, I used to work there years back...This time we will be doing the Toledo Zoo, and eating some great food, I miss the variety of foods and restaurants, we are starting to get more here, but still have as of yet to find a good mexican place...and my almond chicken...I miss that a whole bunch...and we will be shopping to bring stuff back here that you cannot find here: Hires Root Beer, Verner's Ginger Ale ( nothing here is even remotely as good as Verner's), and Little Kings Cream Ales, I cannot find them anywhere here, and it is one of the few beers I will drink...Very potent...
It's funny the things you miss when you are away...I may get some Tony Packos Chili mix too, I have bought it online but it is expensive to have it shipped. Tony Packos is awesome...And, I also miss other things, like Toledo's waterfront, and the things there are to do there. Albany, which is close by and the Capital, is very pathetic, nothing at all to offer people to bring them here. We went to the Tulip fest that is such a big deal here, I laughed, it was sad...Nothing like the ones I have gone to...it is nice here, I mean we are very close to Saratoga and in the Summer that is where all the celebrities, and millionaires hang out for the race track, and the Mountains are beautiful...I just miss some things...Looking forward to the few days we will be there...
Well, gotta do last night's dishes...BBL, HAGD all!
Old 04-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #9  
Never surrender

Wow, Aimee! Congrats! That must feel good! The walk sounds like a great idea. There's a breast cancer walk in October that I have my eye on. I don't think it's as long as yours. Maybe a 5k. We'll see if I work up the gumption to do it, ha.

Congrats, Kimberley. It's nice that we both got to see some plateau busting this week.

I'm really impressed by your Curves work, Diana. Rob has never seen Niagra Falls, so I've played around with the idea of us going there for a long weekend. In May we're renting a little cabin on the water in a town about 2 hours from NYC on the Hudson, for my birthday, so that should be fun. Not too expensive just for the weekend. And it's early in the season, May is still pretty cool. Then we're planning a weekend to PA in July to see relatives, we'll see if that falls into place. Other than that, we don't have big vacation plans. Oh, and the cat STAYS AT HOME! We do miss her, but we could use the sleep!

It's pouring here today! Scottish heritage is going to have to wait until tomorrow! We rented Finding Neverland yesterday and I cried like a baby.

Think I'll curl up in bed for a couple of hours and read a Tony Hillerman mystery!
Old 04-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #10  
Never surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaLS
but still have as of yet to find a good mexican place...

growing up in Calif I just love Mexican food. We had a place called La Imperial that my family would go to all the time. It was a restaurant that was originally opened in the back of a Mexican grocery store (with pinatas on the walls). It became a local phenomenon, people would line up down the street to get a table.

In the past 5 or 6 years, a lot more Mexican restaurants have been opening up in NY and Brooklyn. Before, most of the Spanish restaurants were Dominican, Puerto Rican. Yesterday, for my meal off, we went to a Mexican place down the street and I got the spicey pork chops with fresh corn tortillas. Delicious. I think I'd really suffer without good Mexican food, ha.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #11  

Default I hear ya there

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64
growing up in Calif I just love Mexican food. We had a place called La Imperial that my family would go to all the time. It was a restaurant that was originally opened in the back of a Mexican grocery store (with pinatas on the walls). It became a local phenomenon, people would line up down the street to get a table.

In the past 5 or 6 years, a lot more Mexican restaurants have been opening up in NY and Brooklyn. Before, most of the Spanish restaurants were Dominican, Puerto Rican. Yesterday, for my meal off, we went to a Mexican place down the street and I got the spicey pork chops with fresh corn tortillas. Delicious. I think I'd really suffer without good Mexican food, ha.
There are only 3 mexican places here, well, one In Albany, but the dishes are dirty and the glassses are too, so that is a great indication not to eat there to me, lol..Toledo is considered a Restaurant testing area. They have restaurants everywhere, and actually do a lot of market testing there before they send them to other parts of the country...There are several fantastic family owned Mexican places there, and I cannot wait to go..the ones here are okay, but not to my standards. I grew up with several Mexican friends, whose parents made the best food, so I must be spoiled. I love a LOT of flavor in mine ( not necessarily hot, but flavorful.), and here, there just is not enough for my tastes..I told my Dh he is in for a real treat, because he willsee what I am talking about...Mexican is my ultimate fave food...YUM!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Scottish heritage week? huh? I'm 1/4 Scottish! I actually went to a Scottish festival thingy with my parents either last year or the year before. The thing that struck me most was the amazingly well-trained herding dogs. My aunt actually has kilts and pieces of our family's plaid--we come from two clans, but I don't remember the names.

Anyway--it's nice to be back! I'm at Jeff's right now, but we're heading over to my place today so I can do laundry and divide/sort/pack food for the upcoming week. We are also going to a party tonight for his friend who is in the navy and just came back from doing a few years in Japan, so that should be fun.

I'm glad to see you guys are doing so well with the weight loss! Re-losing past gains, beating plateaus, joining workout facilities...I didn't weigh in this week cuz I didn't have access to my scale, but I don't think I have to to know I gained. That's okay, though--it'll be gone in no time with the super-hectic schedule and 4 days at the gym each week starting on Monday. I won't have time to overeat! Will have to watch my sleep, though--I'll probably only be getting about 5 hours of sleep a night 4 times a week, so I hope that doesn't slow down the weight loss too much.

Well, better make sure I'm all packed and ready to go by the time Jeff gets out of the shower. I always make fun of him for taking longer than a girl to get ready to go anywhere, so if I'm not ready before him, I catch **** for it Catch all you Fabulous Ladies later (yes, Aimee, I am copying you--I think we should name the next new thread Fabulous Ladies )!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:37 PM   #13  

Hi all!!!! Well done with the exercise DragonWoman. I had to laugh today, do you remember a conversation we had on a thread ages ago about people who wear things under baggy pants, so that you can see the tops of them??? And I was joking about buying a diamante thong??? Well, I got my haircut today and my slim and hip hairdresser was wearing.........low slung white hipsters and a black diamante thong!!!!! I had to stifle giggles, and a desire to get out my digital camera to take a picture as evidence!!!!

I have no idea how my weight is progressing, I get weighed on Monday. I was on a break over Easter, and maintained, so hopefully this week will see a drop on those pesky scales!!! I went to the gym today and did 20 minutes on the bike, 20 minutes on the treadmill and half an hour on the eliptical. You should have come with me, there was only me in the gym, you could have had your pic of four elipticals!!!!

I've got a big week at work this week, and I'm really nervous. I work in a call center for a medical insurance firm. I am going to be training new people for two weeks. I have never done anything like this before!!!! I am really excited too, it will be a nice change (and a break from talking on the phone all day!!!)

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

GoodAfternoon! I am AWAKE! After a sleepless night, I slept WAY in. My poor boyfriend, he's pretty stressed, and sick, and had a migraine last night. And you know how men are with pain.. they turn into babies. But he went off to work today anyways, silly boy, doesn't know when he needs to rest.

I've recently started a new addiction... country music. It makes me want to dance, hehe. I should just get up and dance, cuz my food was HORRIBLE yesterday! The only good thing I did was pick up some yogurt for today. Yogurt is a great food, it's easy on the stomach, it helps to restore proper ph to your stomach (I have issues with that), and the stuff I have is fat free, sugar free, and has no artificial sweetners I'm hoping I can put some stuff together in my house thats on plan, and then tomorrow at my staff meeting, I'm just going to avoid all their crappy food. Stupid crappy job. On the plus side I have TONS of time off this upcoming week, so I can properly apply for jobs

Jill - there is nothing wrong with you using that word Although, if you steal my idea and write a book, I'll probably come over there and kick yer butt Glad to hear you are getting back into the swing of things... sometimes it's nice to have things the same when you are trying to lose weight. Or I find it really helps me a lot.

Marge - it's possible that I'm crazy, like 10km's is pretty far for someone who doesn't regularly workout. Granted I walk at least 2km's a day.. i'm young enough I can hurt my body and it'll recover. However when I walked those 6km's with my friend, I was completely fine afterwards, just needed something to drink. We'll see.

I better go get to doing some stuff, I want to tidy, do some dishes, and make something to eat before I leave for my walk. I'm going to meet the bf after he is done work to pick up some veggies for the next 2 days. I'll be back later!

-Aimee
Old 04-03-2005, 01:42 PM   #15  

Default Happy Sunday Chickies!!

Helloooooo! Boy where is everyone? lol. I got up after 11 and by the time I got here I thought for sure someone would have posted...Must be you all have lives, sad to say, I don't lol...
back to Curves tomorrow, looking forward to it. Going to really start cracking down on mysel this week as far as water and walking go too...Walk away the pounds will be a part of my daily routine again.
Heather should be back today..Woo-hooo...
Not much else going on here, just wanted to say Hi and see how you all are doign today...HAG1, Diana

a little poem someon posted on my Prim forum earlier, thought it was cute:

Me And You Is Friends.

You Smile, I Smile.

You Hurt, I Hurt.

You Cry, I Cry.

You Jump Off A Bridge.

I Gonna Miss You
Closed Thread