Old 04-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Dottie. Spring cleaning of the body - boy, do I need to do that. I actually gained weight last month. My body is not clear on teh concept!

It's gloomy here today but we had our rain yesterday afternoon. Did we ever! I was in Kingston and driving home was tense, to say the least! When it rains in torrents, I usually pull over and wait it out but you can't do that on the 401, especially when hemmed in by transports! By the way, I didn't buy a darn thing except groceries in my five hours off! Nothing appealed.

Today I am going to the Greenhouse to plant impatiens, I think. They come in little plugs the size of a pencil and need to be transplanted into 4-packs to grow to size. Sweet little babies!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:10 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hello girls!
Lots of auction stuff but I was thinking today it is time to start a new daily being the first of the month and all.

I am working hard on auction stuff the big push comes now so I may be scarse over the next few weeks...
happy gardening Ruth
Dotti, glad it is quiet for you!
to the others
-L
Old 04-01-2005, 03:03 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

I'll close the thread to March 31 and start an April one with today's postings.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #4  

Awwww, nice! A New April thread!

Mmmmm, I'm looking forward to sinking my hands into some nice warm dirt - planting some spring color sounds like a nice idea.

Don't forget to take some time for yourself, L.

Hey, Dottie, I LIKE the idea of spring cleaning of the body! What an inspiration!

I've taken the afternoon off so the boys and I can do some much needed running around. It's their last day of Spring break and Bry doesn't have practice or a game and Cody is going to play hookie from practice (I'm going to call the coach and tell him I 'need' Cody to go shopping with me - lol). Both boys desperately need shoes and t-shirts. Bry wants some hand weights. Cody needs a bat. Then we will probably go out to eat and see a movie in honor of Cody's 15th birthday tomorrow. So it's all about the fun today!

I just might get to have some fun myself on Sunday - but I'm not holding my breath. John said 'we should get together and do something' but family drama has a way of getting in the way so we will just have to wait and see.

Have a good weekend all!

Kel
Old 04-04-2005, 07:06 AM   #5  

hey all-
my computer crashed on Saturday...by the time I got back up, the last thing I wanted to do was use it! It wouldn't load windows, so I re-installed it from the original "boot" disk, and it fixed it. yea, me! This had happened once before and Dell helped me thru it, so I did it myself this time. But I didn't need to spend 1/2 my saturday on it!> that, plus insomnia the last few nights made for a crummy mood. But DH helped me do the errands, and I cooked, ate carbs and watched a movie from the library ("Shine"). It ended up an OK weekend.

So, a new week. Should be warmer here and maybe I'll move some dirt around outside in the garden. Other than that, no plans, just a quiet week. I am having financial worries over handling our house in Florida, the tenant may leave and it needs repair-I need to juggle that mortgage, an extra trip down, hiring help for some things, and spend a weeks vacation painting and possibly staying in a hotel. Not a huge problem, but unexpected.

Kel, did you get to see John this weekend?

Hi Ruth and L-

spring cleaning of the body...well, I am pushing the begetables. Still had chocolate, but had asparagus twice, cucumber salad, broccoli and an orange this weekend.

Got a crockpot this weekend, may do some beans for chili as the first experiment!

that's it, time to get rolling, have a great day,
dottie
Old 04-05-2005, 06:50 AM   #6  

quick hello- trying to get to work a little early today...and get out early! having dinner with DN and DS tonight.

Absolutely nothing new or interesting going on, just same old, same old. Thinking about the balance of work and Real Life. As DH says, it ain't happening. Too much
work, too little Life.

Well, this could easily become a big whine, so I'd best run along now...and leave the philosphy til later in the day! For now, pack lunch, carry briefcase. ( like the Buddist saying "chop wood, carry water?") Just focus on the task at hand. Deep breath.
Ahhh....

have a good one!
dottie
Old 04-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

I am so sorry to not have checked in. i am knee deep in auction and would love to share my websites, feel free to bid! but I am not comfortable posting the site here. If you want to see what I have been up to 16 hours a day, send me a PM,
I hope you are all well and that all of your snow is GONE!!!!
-L
Old 04-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #8  

Another one sorry for not checking in - I've had a bugger of a time with a (some?) trojan horse virus(es) on my home computer. All my usually virus scans and bug busters have failed to remove it (them). The ex is coming over on Sunday to do some computer maint. stuff for the boys (still haven't figured out why he is suddenly being human lately......) and hopefully he can fix it. Meanwhile, I've been slammed at work which doesn't leave much time for internet lollygagging.

Well, I'm going to glup down some lunch and get back to work here. I hear ya, Dottie - sometimes life is just so blah. Don't you work too hard, L! Have ya got to get your hands in dirt yet, Ruth?

Kel
Old 04-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #9  

flying by while waiting for DH to get home...just finished watching Survivor...don't know why I like that show, I don't let DH admit I watch it to other people! I'm not cool-

Tomorrow will be busy, going out to dinner with the chicks- two old friends from this job from years gone by. Lisa just finished nursing school (at 46) and we are taking her out to celebrate. She has really worked hard... We're headed for fancy Italian food:homemade pasta and great seafood. I guess I'll have a light lunch!

Glad to see you guys checking in....L, I would like to see your auctions...I'll PM you and check it out. I'm intrigued!
Kel, my computer was messed up last weekend. i never figured it out, it just wouldn't load windows. well, all better now, but it sure is frustrating!

I'll be out tomorrow night, so will post again Saturday. I took wednesday off and got started on some yardwork...and a little painting I put off. It is the last of the inside work we are going to do for a while. Next stop on the program is siding and windows. Kind of like a car repair. Spending money on something with no entertainment value! Who cares about siding? Other than that, we are on a budget so we can pay for this all...last week I signed up to Freecycle. Have you heard of this? You can give items that you no longer want away for free, and keeps junk out of the landfills, but someone that needs what you have, gets it. No selling or bartering. I gave away a vaporizer, and a leather appointment book, and got a crockpot! I have wanted to try one, but know I probably won't use it much. so this was sort of fun!

that's it for now, DH will be home soon and hungry. Think I'll make him a plate, and head up to bed! I'm tired!

have a good friday,
dottie
Old 04-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

Dotti,
I love survivor too, feel bad for Steph sleeping alone on the island tonight, I am not sure she has any chance of getting past the other tribe. The rats really yuck me out. As a former NYer rats everywhere in the city subway bring back weird memories as a kid.

I seem to be loosing weight, not bmuch but I am so busy even when I make something to et, my hands are flying on the computer and I can't seem to make the time.

I have been working since 6 this morning. DH needs to do something with the power today...did I mention he is currently unemployed! Hate having him in the house all day, but he left with a great package and all will be fine for us. He makes more dishes than he should, crap all over the place and I am struggeling to get any house work done.

Auctions will be done by the 6th so I hope I can hold out that long. At least I don't have to have passover here. I could never be ready.

Off to have coffee with a friend so DH can do whatever with the power, and then back to the computer as I set up the raffle to go out on the 22nd to families.

Have a good day, see you Sunday Dotti and have a good time.

I am happy to say all of the snow is gone and I have little sprouts coming up in the garden!
to Ruthie and Kel
-L
Old 04-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Sorry to be MIA this week but things have been completely out of hand since last weekend! (Actually since I posted last!)

We have had three floods in our basement thanks to rain and a tempramental sump pump so I am dealing with too darn many wet cardboard boxes and ruined stuff - like electric heaters and a hot water tank that drowned. $$$ is mounting up.

I can't feel too badly however as one end of the village was flooded completely when the Upper Lake overflowed and decided to head for the Lower Lake via Main Street! Folks are dealing with completely ruined furnaces, contaminated wells and non-funtioning septic systems. I'll spare you the details on that one! When they lowered our dam to get the lake level down, the Lower Lake rose, of course, and a huge hunk of swamp broke off the end of an island and nearly took out the dam at the outlet to the Lower Lake! We are in a mess, otherwise.

So I'm in "cope mode" at the moment and weight has not budged! It's all I can do these mornings to check out the Forums and do my Journal so I've not been in here much. Sorry! I promise to do better!
Old 04-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #12  

wow, floods and husbands home! Many disasters occuring all over!

Ruth, that sounds like a mess...water in the basement is a drag. Are you getting someone to help you out? Don't overdo- as flylady says, do 15 minutes and rest 15 minutes. (Or, as I say, do 15 minutes then rest as long as you like!)

L, I went to the site, but haven't registered to look furthur yet. But I plan to this week. Gee, wet basement or husband home? I don't know which is worse! Are you getting anything done? They do make a mess, even my DH who unusally entertains himself reasonably well, still can mess up the kitchen pretty badly. And they just get underfoot! I think I'm truly a single person at heart!

Eating is better on the weekend, and I'm planning lunches better for the past few weeks. Having homemade food like soup or chili helps out. While MIL was here I stopped cooking stuff I liked, and just ate what they would eat. But I missed my own favorites! so I made a couple of morrocan spicy soups (turkey, chickpeas, tomatoes and rice) and another with ground beef and cabbage and veggies- both have made filling healthy lunches.

Off to the grocery store, then outside to enjoy this beautiful day. Yesterday was great too, dug around in the gardens finally- spread peat in the side garden.

have a good one,
dottie
Old 04-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #13  

quiet here...I'm home today for a bit with ANOTHER dentist appt. Then off to DN softball practice afterwards.

not much new, just trying to stay away from the chocolate. I ;o almost wish things were busier at work so my little chubby hands would be flying over the keyboard and away from the snacks! I have a little frig in my office, and keep sf yogurt, cheese and water there- but sometimes end up eating lunch by 11:30 and hunting for snacks at 2! Got to get some baby carrots or apples or something.

Made chicken thighs in the crockpot, they smell good! I just got it and over the weekend tried beans, but they were done so fast, they were a little mushy. I made some refried beans and froze them for burritos or nachos or something. I'll have to go go look for recipes.

that's it for me...hope you're all doing OK, Ruth, have things dried up any? Hey Kel, hey L... and whoever else!

dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 04-12-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #14  
Owned by Dixie

Hi dottie et al
Auction is in full swing, I hope you do check it out dotti, lots of hard work going into it!

I am exausted! caught up as of now and the couch and the clicker are calling my name!

I have lost 8lbs! for all of the reasons Dotti wishes were true for me. Audio Book hunting with older boy and then it is the clicker and I who have a date with destany!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:22 AM   #15  

oh, I wish I had lost 8 lbs! I actually have not been on the scale, so I don't know where I stand. Maybe this weekend I will check. I don't think I've gained tho...

OK, it's Thursday. Over the hump! Thursdays usually go pretty fast, and that'

s nice. And it's Survivor night!

We got a call from MIL this morning at 6 AM...she fell in the supermarket and broke her ankle in 3 places. She is going into surgery today and will be in a rehab center in DE for who knows how long. I can't believe she will have to go thru this after just returning home in mid-Feb after chemo. (Can I say I told you so? JUst here, I promise I won't say it anywhere else! I didn't think she should go home til MAY from here, I felt she wasn't strong, shouldn't drive and would fall!) But I wouldn't wish it on her, she should have had more than 2 months of freedom! DH is off next week for vacation and it will be easy to go visit.

As Roseann Rosanandana said, it's always something! Eat your vegetables and protein and take your calcium ladies! Do weight bearing exercise.

Well, that's it. I ate the Mission Low Carb tortillas for dinner last night- VERY GOOD! I heated it in a dry frying pan briefly, and put some refried beans, grated cheese and salsa in it...great! I kept it low-fat and had some rice and salad with it. Yum!

nothing else...just feeling thankful for my health, and my somewhat fading, youth. Maybe it's a good time to reasearch long term care insurance!

have a good one,
dottie