Old 03-31-2005, 05:59 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Worst time of the day? What's yours?

My worst times of the dIt always around 3PM at work. I'm starving and I'll eat anything in sight.

Then, one more time when I get home from work (6PM) and all I want to do is shove everything in my mouth.

Work is easier to deal with because there's not ALWAYS food here. We have another food conscious employee here so there is usually a piece of fruit I can gnaw on or a granola bar (but have you seen the sugar in those things!?!).

Home can be more difficult. I try to eat snap peas or carrots to satisfy that before-dinner binge but sometimes it doesn't work.

So, what works for you? What are your worst times? What do you do during those time?
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:13 PM   #2  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Late nights are the worst for me. I don't work outside the home right now, and Howie works nights. This time around it's been different, but in the past, I was always grazing in the evenings. Since I've started trying to listen to my body -- to eat only when I am hungry and not just bored -- it's been easier. Eating several minimeals throughout the day helps me to feel satisfied longer periods of time, too. Low blood sugar dives have all but disappeared unless I get busy with a project and don't eat when I first start getting rumbly.

Yesterday I did yard work and was famished when I came in and took my shower. There was no way I was going to wait until dinner cooked, so I had canned green beans, rinsed and served cold. They were really tasty and tided me over.

Last edited by Gardenwife; 03-31-2005 at 09:16 PM.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:08 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Definetly between school finishing and dinner..... 3:00-6:00. I get SO ravenous, like you GJ, I'd just stuff anything in. It's hard. Usually I try to either go with eating NOTHING because otherwise I'll go crazy and eat EVERYTHING, or I'll have about 10 almonds and they do wonders.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:12 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

My worst time is the drive home from work. 12:30 am. I have to pass Wendys and White Castle. However for the past month those have not even been apealing to me.I'm fine when I get home because we have plenty of healthy choices that can be made quick.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 AM   #5  

It's between 4pm-6pm for me I also have to pass every fastfood chain on my way home it's so hard to resist. Especialy Wendy's my #6 spicy chicken combo yum yum.
NJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #6  

I'm gonna be the weirdo here and say between 11am - 2pm. Yes I'm at work at this time, but I get so frustrated here that the vending machine just calls my name. When I get home I can deal with a small dinner and nothing else. But all day here the sodas and candy bars taunt me.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 08:18 AM   #7  
Blue Bunny Butt

S/C/G: 304/304/180

Height: 6'1"

I'm with you Jessica. At work, I am fine for the most part. I keep my office stocked with lots of healthy snacks. Once I get home that urge to eat anything in sight kicks in, some days worse than others. It is mainly out of habit, not real hunger. It mostly happens when I am home alone....since I do my best eating when no one is around. Weekends in general can be bad. We go out to eat at least 2 times, and I still have given myself license to eat many things I shouldn't have. Although the more I am compliant with my workouts, the better food choices I tend to make.
togger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #8  

I would say late nights, before going to bed is the most dangerous time for me…Everything that i needed to do for the day is done. What happens when there’s nothing to do? I think of food of course!!!

I try to minimize the risks by trying to go to bed earlier, around 11.00 instead of 12.00
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #9  
maintainer wannabe

Between 4 and 6 too. I'm home with the kids. Dh works 2 to 10 pm. We eat our main meal at lunch. At supper we eat sandwiches. I hate trying to figure out what to eat that fits my food goals.

Those vending machines would drive me nuts too Kimberlie!

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
272/258/238/155
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #10  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Togger we find that if we look online at the menu which most places have now. We can then make our choices and have a better chance of sticking with our plan when we go out to eat. Give it a try it might help you.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

Worst time for me is late evening -- like between 7 and 10 pm. After supper, so I know I'm not really hungry. I will eat mindlessly if I don't pay attention.
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #12  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Anymore, it's not so much times that are hard, but situations. If I'm at a friend's and there is a bowl of snacks, it's so darned easy to just keep nibbling. At home, measuring out my snack and taking it into another room helps me avoid that.

I've not read Dr. Phil's book, but one of the things I heard him say on TV once was this (paraphrased): Don't eat if you're watching TV. Don't snack with friends. You just start eating mindlessly in those situations.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:24 PM   #13  

Cool

I'm diabetic so I have to eat regularly. I can stay OP at lunch if I bring my lunch. Also, I bring apples and string cheese to work. I eat these about 5 p.m. while I stay after work and surf the net. I find the apple is very satisfying and it's good for me. If I don't have anything to do after work, I go home later and eat a lean Cuisine (I'm not a cook) with a small glass of wine. Somehow, the wine calories are worth it because I don't feel deprived. By the time I've eaten, it's time to get ready for bed and I don't have anything to snack on at home anyway. I know your not supposed to eat so close to bedtime but if I eat earlier I'll want something more -- mostly out of boredom and I'm not above heating up another Lean Cuisine. (Of course, when I'm not being OP, nothing will stop me from going out of my way to get takeout somewhere. Sigh.)
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #14  
I love chocolate! <sigh>

It's not so much the time for me as it is the situation. It's hard to be at dinner with friends and order the salad when everyone else is having the "good stuff." I'm a sucker every time.
ChunkyThighSyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'll start with my easiest time right now is when I sleep . My system is so out of whack right now I've been eating when I'm not hungry, when I'm starved and everything in between. I'm going to try and get my system back in alignment this weekend by trying to eat on a schedule for Saturday and Sunday.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote