Old 03-31-2005, 06:56 AM   #1  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation *~40 Somethings~*

I posted earlier in the week about having a 40's age group section so .. reading along inthe posts it said to created a thread under "support groups" and they can move it... soooo

Anyone in their 40's wanna join in? i am 44 from southern maryland... just gettin started on my journey (3/14/05) I am working to rid my self of at least 125 lbs .. working on the 100 first!

I live in a rural area so walking is my main form of exercise ..

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-26-2005 at 03:30 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:54 AM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Curlylocks~

I'm here, hope some of the others follow or others jump on board. Anyway, I would love to join as I said. I'm 46 and on this journey for the umpteenth time and hoping it will be the last time! Not sure why I keep doing this...I lose and then gain and then lose and then gain, yadda, yadda. But I am tired of it for sure.

Hope to see more ladies! Take care
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #3  
Staying in 1derland!

yep me 2.. i lost 120 lbs... and i think all but 32 found me! but i know what happened.. lol or should i say "who" heartache... anyways ... im back on track I figure if i can do it 1 time i can surely do it again!!

Just have to keep focused and brain wash myself lol!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:13 AM   #4  

I want in!!! I'm 46, married, 3 kids all grown and gone, really been slow at losing the 54 lbs. I've wanted to lose by July. I live in Ontario, Canada and while hubby works 6 days a week, I have nothing to do. Let's get this going!!!!
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:32 AM   #5  
Staying in 1derland!

i want a hubby ! cuz i work 6 days a week and i wanna sit home lmao!

oh let me edit that >> i want a hubby that will let me sit home. and we can afford for me to sit home... lol

Last edited by curlylocks; 03-31-2005 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:29 PM   #6  
Staying in 1derland!

hey everyone they said if our 40's group does well and has a lot of interest they will make us a sticky!!!! whoooo hoo!! COME ON ALL YOU 40 SOMETHINGS!!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:48 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
i want a hubby ! cuz i work 6 days a week and i wanna sit home lmao!

oh let me edit that >> i want a hubby that will let me sit home. and we can afford for me to sit home... lol
Sorry hon, ya' can't have mine lol

But seriously it's really boring and very difficult to stay out of the kitchen. I seem to be fine while I'm on the computer but if I sit down to watch my soaps I just want to eat.
bailey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:42 PM   #8  
Staying in 1derland!

Default off work

I was off yesterday .. it was nice to be able to take my pup for a walk in the middle of the day.. actually i was off work for 8 weeks last year, I had a lumbar laminectomy 3 discs!! but by the time i was feeling good enuff to enjoy the time off ... it was time to go back to work... i didnt miss work not one bit!!! lol
Old 03-31-2005, 04:46 PM   #9  
Staying in 1derland!

are u guys finding it harder to get the weight off now that we are in our 40's then when we were younger?? and is anyone having any menopause issues? just curious i think i have had a few hot flashes but im not sure they seem to come and go.. and its been @ 5 mths since ive had a period... but im not sure if thats menopause or just becuz i had put on like 30 lbs real quick? my mom was in her early 40's
Old 03-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

Curlylocks~oooohhh, menopause issues! Where to start...my doc thought I was going through it, well actually I am, periomenopause (sp?). I think they say you can go throught that for 5 years, YIKES! I know I have had my fair share of hotflashes and no periods. Last year I went 6 months without a period and was having hot flashes and then BAM! out of the blue I started and the hotflashes stopped. Haven't been having as many hotflashes and just missed a period in Feb. thinking oh good maybe this time it will actually be over. Well, no...started last week.

I am finding it harder to lose the weight being older. Of course I know I can do if I actually stick to something long enough. However, it does seem to come off very slow for me. I am happy though if I lose a pound a week. I would rather lose it slow and keep it off than to take it off too fast.

Bailey~I don't have a problem staying out of the kitchen. I have all the right foods stocked in there. My problem is eating out so much. A very bad habit I am trying to break and am finding it very hard to quit. If I was a smoker I would say it is as hard as trying to quit smoking.

Anyway, I need to get ladies but will be back for more chat later tonight or tomorrow morning. Hope you all are having a wonderful day.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:26 PM   #11  
Staying in 1derland!

I was taking allesse for birth control but there are too many health risks at this age.. but odd that i put weight on when i stopped them.. i lose when i am on them...

even more frightening ending up pregnant at 44!! yikes! tho the guy i am dating now was born to his mother when she was in her 50's can u imagine????

I always wanted children tho.. was always waiting till i was married..

i just went out to take my bratty pup for a walk and the wind is howling and its raining! dang it! so we had to come back in..
Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 PM   #12  
Curvy Vixen

Hi all
I am 41, married with two teen daughters. count me in. I'm doing weight watchers and hope to get rid of this flab for good!!!
LYNN~
PURPLEPANSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:51 PM   #13  
Staying in 1derland!

hi Lynn!
Nice to meet u!!! wow that is awesome how u have set your goals up each step along the way!! I'm with u this time this weight is gonna be gone for good!!!! and its great to see ya over here in the 40's !!!!!

Old 03-31-2005, 10:35 PM   #14  

Default Metabolism

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlylocks
are u guys finding it harder to get the weight off now that we are in our 40's then when we were younger??
I've heard that your metabolism slows by 5% every decade, so apparently it will only get worse...
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:59 PM   #15  
Staying in 1derland!

BOY... mine must have come to a halt when i was 7!!! LMAO ive been overweight all my life.. opps no maybe from age 0-5 i was at goal lol
i lost the 120 watching what i ate.. exercising and using a very low dose of phentermine.. but i was still overweight by the charts..

i do think it has to be some chemical imbalance that makes people have a tendency or pre-disposition to be heavy.. and its not just food intake and inactivity alone.. cuz i see people all the time shoveling the food in and not exercising and they are stick thin...
my mom for one.. it wasnt until she hit 55 that she could even get over 100 lbs! and ive always wondered my dad isnt heavy, grandparents arent heavy.... hmmm

then just a few weeks ago i learned something i never knew.. my mom's grandmother was very heavy over 400 lbs

AHAAA! well that along with every home movie i see of me as a child i had a bag of chips in my hand.. stuffin em in my mouth lol