Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 09:15 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default TGIF.... Friday is HERE!!!

Well, I am not feeling the best today. Had a double whammy.. OK triple whammy yesterday. First Emma's spots... which, by the way, are going away a little, so who know's what they are. Second... Hubby's mom calls and says his g-ma is back in the hospital, hasn't eaten in 4 days, hasn't urinated in 2 and is gaining weight... ie.. water they can't get off. So she is not expected to make it too much longer. THEN, last night my mom tells me the MY g-pa is not expected to live more than 2 weeks. He has given up on life, hasn't eaten in 2 days. All is not well here!

So I am off. Sorry to be a downer on this beautiful Friday!! We have 1/2 day and I think I am going to make a quick visit to me g-pa.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:24 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Jen:

Big hugs to you. I am so sorry to hear about all that is going on in your family. You and your family is in my prayers. <<<hugs>>>

Trish
Old 07-13-2001, 10:17 AM   #3  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jen: I'm sorry, too. What a lot to have on shoulders all at once. Hang in there. I'll be thinking about you.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:19 AM   #4  
Proud Mama

Jen, Hugs to you. I'm sorry about Dh's g-ma and your g-pa. I hope you get to see him today. Glad to hear Emma's spots are fading. Will you get the chicken pox vaccine for her?

Brenda: Hope you are a little less stressed today. Fill us in on the house stuff when you get a chance!

Kim: Your pic was beautiful. I hope you get to take a much-needed vacation very soon.

Well, I had ONE good day OP (Wednesday). Yesterday was ok, but I was def. over points by quite a bit. Today I'm trying to be good but I feel so hungry... it's only 10:15am and I've already eaten all my snacks I brought for the day (grapes & mini-rice cakes). We always eat out for lunch on Fridays too, which makes it harder.

Well, I've been goofing off all morning so I'd better get busy!

TTYL,
Old 07-13-2001, 10:45 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Jen

Jen - I can relate, my sister's father in law just had a heart attack while visiting us! Its very bad...

I am so sorry about your grandad and DH's Grama. When they get to that point when they don't want to go on, its so hard, b/c we just expect them to be around and keep on going.

Remember that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, and everyone has their time to go. If its their time to go, then we have to respect that and hope they don't suffer long. I think all living creatures know when its their time, and maybe not eating is just acknowledging that? I don't know, just a thought.

Anyway, love to Emma and her spots, hope they disappear. and my thoughts are with you and DH.

Which makes me think:
Funny, with our pets, when they get that way, we euthanize them b/c its humane, but we don't do it for humans, who lose their dignity. My grandad had stroke after stroke, and his mind was still there, he was so angry, when he couldn't express something he was so angry. He kept asking my dad to euthanize him. but, of course, dad would be in jail for life if he did....Plus, that's not an easy thing to consider,when its your parent, you still have some hope. So Grandad stayed in that state for four more years and finally died.

ANyway, my schnauzer, Muffin Von Cupcake was euthanized when he stopped eating and drinking and I wondered if itwas the right thing for years. I think there is guilt attached either way. Its just a difficult thing to deal with no matter what, animal or human.

Well, good luck Jen, and chin up!

Kim - good pic, I haven't read the other posts but I saw your pic!

I gotta run as usual....

I'll check in later!
Old 07-13-2001, 10:58 AM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Yup, I've been MIA again, but guess what? It wasn't Wimbledon, it was work - kind of(!). I read this article online, with advice for PhD students looking for jobs and it was all about finding your professional voice and networking and all that kind of stuff, so I suddenly got all inspired to do something constructive and so I've been learning HTML and writing a new webpage! I'm pretty chuffed with it, I think it looks pretty professional, but I'm not linking it up to anything till I get lots of feedback and make sure all the probs are ironed out. So ... if any of you guys are interested in looking at it, e-mail me at: [email protected]
and I'll send you the URL!!!

Other than that, things are ticking along nicely - Blokey and I went out for dinner last night, for Thai, which was impossible to journal, but we were so chuffed with ourselves because we ordered (relatively) light and only ate about 2/3 of the food. YIPPEE!! I'm feeling committed again, which is def a Good Thing.

Wow, Jen, sounds like you're having a rough time at the mo. Sending good vibes your way

Suzanne - yippee! Welcome back! And Belle too! And Angie!

Trish - I'm glad everything was ok in the end. I think you were right to go to the hospital, I know I would have done the same. Sounds like you have one cheeky baby in there (thinking about the ultrasound!!!).

Brenda - hope things are getting sorted with the house. DON'T STRESS!!! Have a hug

Hey to Janet, Kim (cool picture!), Jen2 and everyone else who's about to post ...

love
Lolly
xxx
Old 07-13-2001, 02:01 PM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Has anyone ever had a grilled cheese sandwich on cinnimon bread? That is what I made for lunch today. It was very very good. Do you think that sounds strange, like a PG thing, or a good thing in its own right. Hard for me to tell right now.

Lolly: you are right, I think this kid might be cheeky. When my hubby saw it, he was like, "Yup, that's my kid alright!"

Anyway, hope all having a good day.

Trish

Last edited by Trish O; 07-13-2001 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2001, 02:07 PM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Wow - I don't post for one day and now I don't know where to begin...that'll teach me not to miss a day! I ran 3.5 miles last night for the third time this week. I am running a 3.5 mile race in about a month so I am trying to decrease the time it takes me to run that distance. And I also have stayed within my point range 5 days in a row! As someone who maintained by just kind of keeping an eye on what I was eating, I am very proud of myself this week! (But then again, I am currently trying to lose, not maintain!)

Jen - You sure have a lot on your plate right now. My thoughts are with you. My grandpa is dying from cancer right now and is supposed to only have a few months to live so I understand how you feel. I just can't imagine having to deal with everything else you have going on as well... *hugs*

Lolly - Congrate on feeling recommitted right now - it's a great feeling, isn't it? sure wish we could find a way to make it last all of the time...

Kim - Great picture. I love your hair!

Trish - I would have gone to the ER as well. Better to be safe than sorry...hope you are feeling okay.

Brenda - Let us know how everything is going with the house situation. Try not to get too stressed!

Hi to Belle, Janet, and anyone else that checks in!!
Old 07-13-2001, 02:10 PM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Trish - No offense, but I think it may be a pg thing!! I am a cheese fanatic (it's my very favorite food) and will eat it just about any way, but that doesn't sound too appealing!
I would probably try it though if I had the opportunity because I guess you never know....
Old 07-13-2001, 05:23 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey I'm in New Brunswick and that means NOT AT HOME!!! WOWOOOOOO
Jen my prayers are going out for your Gpa and Dhs Gma
Trish
I dont think its a PG thing b/c I love regular cheese sandwiches on raisin toast and i'm not PG
I felt fat today till about 5 min ago when i was in the bathroom and looked in the full length mirror in there and i didnt see quite as many fatrolls can i express my love for my skinny girl "slimfit" eddie bauer jeans anyway I'm gonna run and grab a water I might get back to post not sure
Have a great weekend ;D
Old 07-14-2001, 05:15 PM   #11  

HI everyone. Sorry to leave everyone hanging yesterday, but my day got dramatically worse. We DID go see my g-pa and it was aweful. He was all slumped over and didn't respond to anything. He almost looked dead, his eyes were glazed over. I left crying because it was hard to see. We did see my g-ma who is in a seperate room at the nursing home. She had a stroke and doesn't talk well at all. She was happy to see Emma, but I can imagine seeing her husband like this is hard.

THEN, on top of that, we got home and found out the hubby's g-m died yesterday morning. So I may not be around for a few days. I was a mess last night. BUT, at least Emma's spots are going away. And Janet, yes we will get the shot!

So I am off, lots to do and deal with!
Old 07-14-2001, 05:16 PM   #12  

OH and I was able to run to WI this morning, but skipped the meeting.. LOST 3.4 pounds in 2 weeks, but 2 weeks ago when I went I gained 1.8. BUt at least I am ahead! YAH ME! One good thing at least!
Closed Thread