Old 03-29-2005, 06:18 PM   #1  

Default Tuesday night TV

Here's my dillema do I miss the 1st half of American Idol to watch Will and Grace or do I ditch Will and Grace and just stick with idol??? Who's everyone's favs for Idol?? Mines Carrie I think she has an amazing voice. Also does anyone else watch the Amazing Race?? I love it been watching it since the beginning. I think It's time I buy a Tivo, seems like I'll be the last one to get it.
NJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #2  
Mom of Twins

Tape Will and Grace and watch Idol
I like Bo, Anwar, and Carrie...
Davisx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #3  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

We have the same dilemma with "The Amazing Race" and "The Office". Since Howie's working and can't just watch one while the other records, we tape 'em both, on two VCR's in two different rooms!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:58 PM   #4  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

I don't watch either one...

But if I did I could record it on my DVR (I work for the cable company). It's cheaper per month than TiVo service in most areas.
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I can't wait until are calbe has DVR. They keep telling me it's coming to our area butt nothing yet. We have Adelpihia.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 PM   #6  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

It's really cool Howie! I work for Time Warner, we've had it for about 2 years. I threw out my VCR (it kept eating tapes anyway).
Old 03-29-2005, 07:33 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

We are avid Amazing Race and Survivor watchers. The Race is on for 2 hours tonight. That's Ok, who wants to sleep anyway!!!

Did anyone catch the premier of Grey's Anatomy? It was really great!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #8  
Born Loser

We tape Survivor and Amazing Race. This year is the first Amazing Race that I've watched and I'm hooked. I want to see Rob and Amber win it just because everyone hates them so much. I loved the look on all there faces when Rob and Amber made the flight last week. That was so funny.

I will get rid of the at least one VCR. I will keep one for whatching what VHS tapes we have left. Most have been replaced with DVD though. Can you tape two shows at the same time with DVR? Not sure how that works.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:01 PM   #9  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

Yup! you can record 2 shows at the same time. You can also pause live tv, and rewind to so if you miss something (like a Janet boob) you can watch it again and again! heehee. I very seldom ever watch anything when it's actually 'on' anymore. I record and watch later so I can fast forward thru all the crapy commercials!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:56 AM   #10  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

We're waiting for our cable company to get their butts in gear and offer their recorder in our area. The box costs $6/month. They just keep dragging their feet and torturing us, like they did when they rolled out Internet access.

Whoops, just realized Howie posted that above!

We thought about getting a good TV tuner card for the PC and just using it as a recorder. That would be problematic with digital cable shows, though.

Last edited by Gardenwife; 03-30-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I liked will and grace when they first came out but once they got really popular, I just couldn't get back into it. I just keep in on AI. For those diehard fans. Carrie is actually from the town whose newspaper I put together. Her parents live down the road from my coworkers. As for my faves, I do like her and Vondell. I liked Constantine way back when but he just keeps getting worse and worse to me.

I too love Amazing Race and Survivor. I too am hoping Rob and Amber do well. I couldn't stand them in Survivor but they have really surprised me in AR. I also like Uchena (sp?) and Joyce and the brothers. I cannot stand Deana and her man and was glad to see them go last night.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #12  
Born Loser

Well we must have the same taste Dawnyal because those are the ones I really like also. I thought that was pretty cool how the brothers came back from there car accident.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #13  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

this is the first time I've watched Idol, I do like Carrie the best. I kinda like Bo too, but Remedy was pretty awful. (my singing should not be heard outside of the shower, ha.)

We love Amazing Race, we've seen every one. I'd like the brothers to win, but usually whoever I root for ends up being kicked off, heh heh.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Marge, I'm the same way. It never fails, the team I really liked were the best friends (Ryan and Chuck) who bought it first thing. In the one before I liked the wrestlers and they made it pretty far. There's only one time the team I rooted for from the beginning won and that was with chip and kim (I think that was their names)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:05 PM   #15  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I watched House, 2 episodes on last night! I started watching AI half way through the 2nd season and watched all of last season which I thought was really bad. I'm sure the right person won but by the end she didn't have much competition. The really good ones were voted off way too early. I decided not to watch it this season but from seeing the commercials it looks like it has been a decent show this time around. Otherwise I"m not much into reality shows. I'm really glad I've started watching House because it is a really good show and I haven't seen too many of those lately.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote