Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 04:39 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default ChitChat #121

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:29 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Okay, I am back AGAIN! Just can't seem to stay away!

Marti~I did get some picutres taken and will get those back Wednesday when I go shopping at Wal-Mart. Still have a bout 8 on the roll of film I have in the camera so those will be a while in coming. But if any are any good I will definitely share them-to be honest I can't remember what we took pics of except for the Clinton Library, at the cemetery and some pics of some of my family. Glad you, James and Jhanai had a nice Easter.

Susan~oh so glad you received it today-perfect timing! I remember you said you didn't have one and I had bought that like the day after you said that. Thought that would be a great little BD gift. Of course I forgot to send it before I left for AR and it sat in my basket at the end of the couch till I saw it last Thursday! Oh well, better late than never right? CONGRAT'S on the cow moooooo-ving! You'll be back at goal before you know it.

Ellen~tell me how you got the teacup in your signature. I am sure I could figure it out eventually but why when you can tell me how to do it?! I have a few cute little things and would like to use something different in my siggy.

Okay, maybe Jeopardy is on now. Went to watch it at 3:30 and golf is on. DD and I play along and see who gets the most answers right, quite fun we two have being goofy! V has to work over tonight and I am still trying to get laundry done. Think we are in need of a new dryer. Okay, I am definitely outta here for the day.

Take care ladies.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - how're you doing? Hope you had a great Easter!

Ellen - so how much did you get for the pig, lol? Did you go to the ER? Hope so, and that you got some meds or some treatment.

Susan - YAY for the "cow movement", lol.

Marti - glad you had a good weekend with the fam. The Sony reunion sounds like a lot of fun and I hope you will both be off for that. Dani will be excited to get the card from Jhanai - glad to know the two of them are still writing. I very seldon get to talk to her or her mom.

I've had the best day! Got the cleaning done that I planned on and made a big pot of zero-point soup (Katie calls it pointless, lol). The rain stopped, and the temp shot up, so I got out some new capris and sandals to wear to town. Did my Walmart shopping and some other errands. Then I puttered outside for awhile. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer, so I'm going to clean the patio and the furniture on it. Oh I do love Spring!!

Chat at you later!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Hi again.

I am about to start my second shift. Making a pot of coffee, sounded good though it will probably keep me up.

Thanks again Cristi. Perfect gift for me! I am always losing addresses and phone numbers.

Checked your pictures out Jane! Did you see Oprah? I just saw the condo shot- that would have been great if you were able to go to a show.You look adorable!

Sent the pic of Mike to you all. Since I keep talking about him. PLEASE just don't say how handsome he is - yuck.

He is suppose to be be entering into an agreement with child support- yet again. Same old $50 a month..........my mom said "geez, hope that doesn't break his piggy bank......that'll buy you a couple packs of pull ups..." lol......we LOVE to DISH him.....FAVE passtime. Releases the anger and all.....lol

Though until he gets that form back to CS his license is scheduled to suspend midnight April 1st. He will pick Gabster up at 7 pm - love the drama.....;0)

k- smelling the coffee.......best get

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-28-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:16 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good Monday all. Well, almost Tues. now.
We finally got some sunshine today and I hurried out and hoofed it for 2 miles. Yes, Jane we had gotten rain and it was so chilly. I hate that part of Spring. Much prefer this sunny warmth.
I am feeling a little better and of course the Dr. did not call today as supposed...so I will call tomorrow. I was told last Thurs. that they would call today. Grrrr! I still feel that if they would take out my gallbladder I would feel better, but I have also talked to people who have not found relief from that, so who knows.
Made an appointment for Thurs. to see the builder. Keep your fingers crossed for a good price. I am ready for a new home. This one is so hard to keep up with as far as cleaning....just too large. Exhausting!
We didn't have a dinner on Sunday. Just went to see my BIL in the re-hab home as he was moved from the hospital. We knew he would be alone for the afternoon, so went right after his lunch and stayed until dinner time. He is doing much better.
My mom will officially be here in 5 days. I am excited! We will go help them unload the truck and move in. A bright spot in the week!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:55 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

wow- 2 miles Sue! I have yet to get out and walk, so lazy. I hope you and your mother have a nice visit

My aunt was here from Florida but I never did see her.

blah- blah.

Drank 101.4 oz's of water today............umm, gotta go!!

Chat later

edited

I was going to say that Rocky is a sweet man for chatting with me while locked out of my car the other day. He is just the best. I will vent and vent and hear this silence on the other end and start laughing. I will go "have I gone too far?" and he says,,,,,,,,"no my Love"
Yesterday, I was late for church and upset that Gaby took my make up and marked all over her Easter dress. Just one thing after another.......venting to him and wishing he was here to help me. He goes........"go to church , my love, and receive a blessing........I think you could use one."
lol
So, I did and he was right.
Also, Doug is a great support as well. I AM blessed to have some sweet men in my life.

blah- blah.........where IS Angie??? Miss her! Chat later- Night

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-29-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #7  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies,

Susan - aww, thanks for the photos of Gaby and Mike. She looks very pleased to be in her daddy's arms. Is there no way Rocky and Kris can just move to OR? Since he doesn't have an ex around to worry about, that would be so much easier. I doubt very much that Nana would stand for that though! Anyway, Rocky does sound like such a sweetheart. Very patient, like my Neal. Neal holds my toes when they are cold. Just cups them with both hands until they warm up - isn't that sweet? About Oprah, I didn't even try to get tickets to her show since we were going to be there for such a short time. Maybe some other time. But I did shop at Crate and Barrel and Carson Pierie Scott where she likes to go, lol.

Sue - so sweet of you to spend Easter afternoon with BIL. My BIL Jerry is now on oxygen. Don't know how he's hanging on for so long.... You are so lucky to still have a mom! Will she be living with you? Good luck with the bid on your house!

It's already a beautiful day here in Indiana! The temps are rising, and I plan to be outside a good portion of the day. I just put a roast in the crock pot, and have sheets in the washer to hang out when they're done. Mary's going to bring the DGDs out to play. Life is good!

Hope you have a good day, too!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #8  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good Morning!!!

Can everyone see my posts??? just wondering....... It was beautiful here yesterday... i am sorry i didnt get back last night but was too tired and had a sick baby but she is better this morning

Wow it is freezing in here.. my hubby took a week off, and he decided it is stuffy in here so he has all the windows open

Well he is yelling at me to get off the computer... i better get, hope to get back later today... (he isnt as nice as the rest of your men lol).... k ttfn xxoo
Old 03-29-2005, 10:50 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi Terri Lee - so sorry I forgot what you said on the last chit chat. Usually I jot notes down, lol. Glad your little one is better today. How far away are you from the other Canadian JLs? Btw, your DH may improve with age, lol. Have a great day! Now that I'm finished with PMs, I'm heading outdoors!

Toodles!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:21 AM   #10  
RosieKate

Good morning!
Susan- I didn't get to see the pics of Mike - I am curious about the honker, haha...Congrats on your weightloss. Chugging all that water is paying off

Hi Jane - Thanks for posting the pics of Chicago. I went there when I was 14... I liked it...but then I like cities. Portland is just the right size for me.

terri - nice to see you posting...

Sue - how exciting to have your mom so close...and getting a new more manageable house to boot. You need some good news.... now to just get that pesky gall bladder out!

We scored some free fruit trees over the weekend. Were intending to just get a pair of apple trees, but DH saw some nectarines and picked up two of those. He was very excited as they are his favorite fruit. I'll have to learned to use a canner, because in a few years we'll have this stuff coming out our ears, I'm sure!

In other news, my DD's preschool keeps bugging me and/or DH about taking on the co-president job for next year.... whatever gave them the idea we had leadership skills I keep saying no, DH keeps saying no. I can't help but feel guilty, it's a great little school, but I just know I would not be happy taking on such a large job. I don't mind being on the board, and its a nice group of families...so I am sure there is a job out there that needs someone like me.

Scale says I am down another 2 lbs, but, again, I am waiting until the weekend to see if it's a "keeper" or just more fluctuation. I am getting my water in... I aim for 90 oz.....got all the Easter candy out of the house - hurray!

Gotta get DD off to school
Later, chickies

Old 03-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Smile

Good afternoon all~

Sue~I too have heard from some that having their gallbladders removed didn't do much. But I can say, DS#1, DD and myself have all had ours removed and we DO feel so much better! I haven't had any medical problems since then, nor have they. Of course DS only had one attack and then went to the emergency room and they took it out the next week. DD and I suffered for years but it was because of us not really wanting to deal with it, not because the docs. I do hope they will take it out for you and you get to feeling better. Here's to hoping you get the house

Katy~don't let them make you feel guilty and pressure you into taking the position if you don't want it. Maybe they will find someone else to take it. I usually give in when something like that happens and then end up regretting it later. CONGRAT'S on the two pounds gone! Keeping my fingers crossed that they stay gone! My Aunt used to can all kind of stuff. She got into it pretty heavy a few years ago and then my Uncle took over. She works and he hunts and cans and that's the way they like it!

Susan~I love that Rocky calls you my love, sooooo sweet! And is there for you all the time. Of course he sounds like a a sweetheart anyway. Now if he can just get away from Nana! Thanks for the pics of Mike and Gaby-so cute! Gaby is just so adorable and getting so big! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from me.

Jane~sounds like you guys are having the same weather we are. Supposed to get up to 76 today! And I am loving it! of course the wind is a little crazy and I am going to have to take some Claritin, LOL, oh well everything can't be perfect. My daffodils have bloomed and look so pretty and my flowering cheery is about to bloom-they have the prettiest pink flowers!

Terri-Lee~I've had my windows and door open in the middle of winter before. It gets really hot sometimes on the main floor but the basement is about 10 degrees cooler, although it seems a lot cooler than 10 degrees. Sometimes I sit down here with gloves and a jacket on. Of course my hands are always cold anyway.

Anyway...

Not much going on today. When V gets home we are off to the court buliding to get a permit to build a fence, kinda picky here where we live. DH and DS#2 are going to get started on that next week. Never thought I would be so excited about getting fence but I am. It's the little things in life that make me happy, although this isn't so little I guess. Have a couple of loads of laundry to get done and that's about my day. Oh did go and apply for a couple of jobs-daycare jobs. Going to go and check out the local listings online for jobs later since my house is clean.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 03-29-2005, 01:55 PM   #12  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick pop in to say hi!!

Glad you all liked the pictures. The wedding pictures are my favourite. They are my goal for the weight loss.

I can't stay long. I am so busy. This week is the official last week of my maternity leave and I go back to work on Monday, so I have lots of stuff to do before the weekend. Plus I am trying to get out and enjoy this spring weather with Joycelyn.

Anyway TTFN sorry I can't stay longer, but I wanted you all to know I'm still here.

Anita
Old 03-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Hi Anita~glad to see you popping in, even if it is just a quickie. Enjoy your last week before work! The wedding pictures were good, you are a beautiful lady! All the pictures were good and you have a nice looking family.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #14  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Good afternoon!!

Well i dont know why my pictures arent staying... I guess i will stick to plain old smilies.. they get the job done... but they arent as purdy....

Jane: glad you are back hope you had a good trip.... it is ok, i can't remember what everyone says either, and i am not smart enough to remember to take notes..lol I am wayyyyy North compared to the other JLs. They are in Southern Ontario, and i am here way up north.. like i said the other day we went sleighriding!! melting quite fast now though... probably got to +12 celcius today!!

Cristi: I dont know what his problem is it was freezing in here when we got back from town.. now i have my heaters on all over to warm me up!!

Susan: I really have to start drinking more water.. i am never going to lose weight at this rate!!

Ellen: where are you? I really hope that you get better soon!! are your cats all feeling better?

Anita: Hello hope you are out enjoying your last week of freedom!

Katy: Good job on the weight loss!!! I am so jealous, the only way we get fruit around here is from, the grocery store!! well i think we can grow crabapples

Sue: Well i know after i got my gallbladder out, it took me a bit to recover, but i never had any more attacks and that was great!! I had a newborn when i was having attacks and i was so scared i wouldnt be able to take care of him!!And i was only 18!!! they couldnt believe that i needed my gallbladder out... and i wasnt big back then,,, i thought i heard that pregnancy has something to do with it.... hope you feel better..

Ok someone asked who Kalan Porter is.. He is the guy that won Canadian Idol last time.. he is a little cutie pie,,, he is only 19,, he has an amazing voice!!

Well I am really excited, we went to town today and got my propane for my BBQ!!! Not that i eat much of what i cook, but it makes a lot less dishes
I really like to just throw veggies in tinfoil and eat them like that with all my spices..but i just remembered i forgot to get tin foil today.. i will have to run over to my moms and get some...I just wish there wasnt so much easter candy in this house.... i cant resist it!!! Well i better go check on the kids.. they are being awefully quiet!!!TTFN xxoo
Old 03-29-2005, 05:40 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

I have a minute so wanted to say hello. If you didn't get the pic's of Mike and Gabster and would like to - just im me and give me your email.
That is the only way I know how to do it and I am really not wanting to learn any other way! lol

jk

Poor Cristi's friends (outside of JL) have been getting them - lol......still think it is funny. Thanks Cristi

ArRRRRRRgh - Jane! You are aways so positive! lol. Yes, Gaby was happy.......though I think Burger King and the big playarea was what she was thinking of - pretty sure -lol She disolved in tears when he wouldn't take her in because he didn't have any money. Though it only cost a $1.
We went there today and she played for an hour.

She is just a doll. We both have scab's and she looks at mine and says "hurt?" and I say "yes" and she will bend over and kiss it. lol.....

Hi Anita and Terri Sent the pic's Katy.............ugh, best get!
Closed Thread