Old 03-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Red face Hi Everybody...I'm back.

After a short break, I've decided that Im ready to get back "on the wagon". I really missed you guys, but felt uncomfertable posting, so here I am re-committing myself to my efforts...any one care to join me?

These are my goals for the week.

1. Drink 8 glasses of H2O daily
2. Go to the gym at least 4 times (to ease back into this)
3. Eat fewer "frankenfoods" and more whole foods
4. To throw out all the easter candy we were given. I'll do that one RIGHT NOW!

I really did miss you guys... I hope every one had a great Easter...I'm going to read all the posts to get caught up.
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Hi, Amy Jo, welcome back

I made Rob toss the candy here too. He bought some to put in a basket we made for a neighbor then kept some for us. I couldn't resist a few of the dove chocolate eggs, but said, that's it! get rid of those!

goals for today through Thursday
1. 6x neighborhood mile walk
2. join gym friday
3. no evening crackers, and no chocolate
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:55 PM   #3  
Jenny

Welcome back Amy Jo! I too avoided the easter candy by not having any in my house. I made an easter basket for my nephew and filled it with toys and some sugar free gum.

This weeks goals

No fast food
3 meals a day
No boredom eating
Gym 3-4x
Water, water water!
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Re-commitment. Now there is something that I need to do. Actually, I'm right there with you Amy Jo. I started "over" again today. I know when I go to WW tonight I will be up. Might even be higher than my highest.

In the past couple of weeks, I have had some lows and they have really gotten me thinking. I took Jacob to the Wisconsin Dells water Park. He had such a GREAT time. I had an OK time, but there were lots of moments that made it so hard. The obvious is weighing 320 lbs and running around the water park in my swimsuit. I was definitely the heaviest one there. But the other things like hoping we get a table instead of a booth (Or even worse requesting a table). Skipping the "family" raft ride for many reasons (getting in/out, afraid of tipping the whole thing!). I did pretty good considering. And there it is...considering. Considering that I am a 320 lb woman. I am missing out. I don't want to live the rest of my life pretty good "considering". I want to live my life to the fullest!!!!

I have also been having some problems with one of my legs which is on top of my heel spur that I have had for a while. The health problems are coming. I can stop them, but will I?

I have been coming to this site since Oct 2000. I have lost, but always gain it right back. And it's been a while since I have lost anything at all. Sometimes I feel like a fraud coming here and not trying. But I know that not coming here would allow me to hide and that would be even worse. Some of you know the telltale sign when I'm not doing well. I get quiet; the weight in my sig disappears.

I was going to wait and post all this tomorrow after I weighed in and knew the damage. But this thread was perfect, so I thought I'd jump in.

I'm scared. Scared that I won't ever do this and my legacy will be of a 320 lb woman who lived her life pretty good...considering.

So I promise to quit hiding and start trying. I know I can do this...I know we can all do this. With the help and support we will succeed!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:19 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I know it's hard, Sandi

I've lost and gained back a few times. I know the frustration. Facing it and taking control to my mind is a huge part of the battle.

Any way I can help, let me know.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:26 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Good to see you back Amy Jo. You can do this and are starting out with some great goals..

Sandi I know you can this and will do this. And don't ever feel like a fraud for staying around while not losing. You have inspired me so many times. And your will to stay here has brought me back after not posting for long periods of time. So no matter what goes on in your life this is your home on the web. I truley wish you the best in your goals. I also know how you feel with the health issues and not being able to fit in a booth. It's a hard life being over weight. I too have spent way to many years in pretty good considering.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Amy Jo--I'm glad to see your hiatus was short lived and you are getting back on track.

Sandi--(((BIG HUG))) look at what you accomplished though. You actually went to the park and in a bathing suit at 320. I know women who weigh 200 or less and won't step near one of those places so I think you took a giant step just by going. I think if this weight loss thing was easy, we all would be walking around skinny. This is a lifetime process. Five years really isn't that long when you think of living until 100. I know you can do this. I wish I lived closer to you. We could tackle this together.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:52 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome back Amy Jo - it sounds like a short break was just what you needed to re-motivate yourself.

SANDI - I know you can do it hon! Did you know that of everyone on this forum, I liken myself to you the most? We are so alike in that we constantly yo yo, lose a few pounds, then fall off track and come back bigger than when we started - it's so disheartening. This has been my pattern since I joined nearly 2 years ago, and I know you go throught he same thing. I recommitted on 1st Jan and this is the longest that I have stayed on track for - the weight is coming off slowly and my fitness has improved enormously as I am now exercising 6 days a week.The most important thing is that apart from the odd wobbly day, I've stayed on track - for 13 weeks now! I am beginning to feel that I AM going to be successful this time, and I really mean it this time! I didn't start off feeling so confident - I felt like a fraud who was kidding myself and everyone else - but I decided to 'act like' I was going to be slim - even if I didn't quite believe it. If you do all the right things - eat right, exercise, drink water and tell yourself every day that you are going to be successful, that this time IS different (even though you don't believe it yet!) - it will happen. Your confidence will grow and the negative self talk and self sabotage will stop. I know you can do it Sandi - this is the start of your final weightloss journey!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #9  

Hi Amy Jo - welcome back! I love your term "frankenfoods"!

Sandi - I have been off the website for the last 6 months or so....and really struggling (up and down and up and down....argh!). I must say that I was really pleased to see you on the board when I started reading posts again. I take inspiration from others who are struggling but have the strength to come back here and stay focused on their health! You are most certainly not a fraud! You are helpful, caring and considerate of all of the others who come to this board for support and understanding. so there. rant over.
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote