Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 10:18 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Thumbs down Labor Day Challenge!!!

Hey Everyone. Are you up for a labor day challenge?? If you want, we can post losses every week and I can tally them, we can just do a final loss let me know! Also, lets post our goals!! GOOOD LUCK!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 10:20 AM   #2  

OK, here are my goals....

I really want to lose 15 pounds by then. I WI on Saturday and that will be my start weight!

Also, I want to cook more. I get so busy with summer that I don't get a chance to cook as often!

Exercise at least 4 times a week!!
Old 07-12-2001, 12:07 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Insert Rocky Theme song HERE

Jen I'm so ready for this i do my real weigh in on tuesday and my goal is for a modest 10 and to guzzle water like theirs no tommorrow
gotta run Errands bbl
Old 07-12-2001, 12:37 PM   #4  

Talking

I am so joining this one!!!! I need a goal!!!

My goal is to be between 132-135 by Labor Day. So, that is between 10-13 pounds away.

I am here for you girls! We can all do this!!

Anyone interested in posting their daily journals on this thread to keep us in line???
Old 07-12-2001, 03:04 PM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

My goal is to get under 170 by Labor Day, so let's say I want to lose 15 lbs. That would put me at 168.8
Old 07-12-2001, 03:24 PM   #6  

I really don't have a # goal. I just joined WW about 3 weeks ago and am still working on that 10% challenge. So I guess if I have a # goal it's to reach that weight. I'm MUCH more concerned with how I look than a number on the scale.

My goals for the labour day long weekend:
1. for exercise to have become as second nature as brushing my teeth.

2. to become less obsessed with what I eat. I swear I analyze every morsel of food that passes my lips.

3. to have found at least one alternate method of stress reduction than eating chocolate!

4. I don't have much control over this one but I really really want my bladder to adjust to the increased intake of water. I'm tired of having to pee every 40 minutes!

5. to be happy with how I look in jeans.
Old 07-12-2001, 04:18 PM   #7  

OK, since I started this challenge (idea from Keirie...) I am going to do this. Every Monday I will start a new thread to post how we are doing for the week. If anyone wants to post their losses, I will keep track and post our progress. We can post daily food journals, whatever to keep us motivated. We will use this thread until Monday when I will start a new one! How does that sound????
Old 07-12-2001, 05:41 PM   #8  

To those non US-ers who don't celebrate Labor Day... it's September 3 this year. So join in!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 06:31 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Peachy Keen
I like the idea of an honest ahem cough cough Journal
b/c we all or at least i do fudge a bit I have to get a new scale mines stuck at 190 not that im complaining
Old 07-12-2001, 09:44 PM   #10  

Hi Gals. . i've been lurking on your 20's club for awhile. .

Can anyone join in this challenge?

Guess I should introduce myself first, my name is Dani. . and I live in Ontario. . I started WW (on my own. . . no time for meetings ect. . ) on March first, since then I'm down 41 pounds. . just got back from vacation and I think I'm up 2 pounds. . but hopefully it'll shed quickly. . my goal is to lose 15 more by Labour day.

Dani
Old 07-12-2001, 10:14 PM   #11  

Thumbs down i love a challenge

I too would love to join this thread. I have some generic goals for Labor Day but an actual weight goal would be to be down 14 pounds. That is about 2 a week. I am now on WW week 5 and I have lost 16 so far. That would give me a total of 30 pounds and I would also reach my first target weight. I would really love that. I will do what I can to reach that goal. My weigh in was last night so I will start from there.

Good luck to all!
Melissa
Old 07-13-2001, 09:11 AM   #12  

Yah... The lurkers are finally coming out! Who would have thunk it would take a challenge to get you out! WELCOME!!!! I will do my best to keep all the goals and losses tabulated!!!
Old 07-13-2001, 09:36 AM   #13  
Proud Mama

Ok, this is gonna take all the strength in me, but I would like to lose 12 pounds by Labor Day. That should put me at 165 (yes, I need to update my siggie). Sadly, that was my STARTING weight last time I did WW.

I would also like to incorporate water into my daily routine. I'm horrible about drinking it presently.

Going to go get a cup of water now....
Old 07-13-2001, 09:50 AM   #14  
Bono Fanatic!

Count me in!! I would love to lose the 10 pounds I have gained in the past 8 months so I will make that my goal!

I am running a 3.5 mile race in August so I also need to keep running on a regular basis.

Let's hope this keeps us all motivated!

Jen
180/160/150
Old 07-13-2001, 10:00 AM   #15  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Can I be in too?

First, welcome to all the lurkers. Come on over to the daily thread as well, we would love to get ot know you better.

Ok, being that I am PG, I am not going to lose weight. However, I am gaining too quickly I think. I put on about 13# already...and I am only 15 weeks. So anyway, I would like to make my challenge to be

1) to journal my food to be within my 35-40 point range I set

2) drink my milk...blah

3) I need to get more variety in my diet on veggies to get more nutrition!

4) Need to stop eating so much junk food...aka Mc Donald's Breakfast.

5) I need to buy a scale and weigh myself weekly so that when I go to the dr. it is not some huge shot in the dark as to how much I gained.

Ok, I think that is it. No numbers for you all but a lot of journaling I hope.

Trish
Closed Thread