Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 05:35 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Here Comes Peter CottonCow

Did someone say ****?

Why sure, Cowpeach, I'm all for that! It's not like DS is calling him an a**, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
we keep buying new food thinking we have none when in fact the d*mn thing is full to the brim.
I do the same thing. I also hate menu planning. I don't know why, I can see how it would be a timesaver, but I can't stand doing it, so I don't. Mostly I decide at about 5:30 in the evening what I'm going to cook. Needless to say, we don't eat at a reasonable time.

I really don't feel like doing the inlaw easter dinner this weekend. Weren't we just there last Saturday? Yes, we were. I want to be taken out to dinner and a movie. Yeah, in my dreams.

Godwin's law is kind of amusing. I never heard of it before, but it's been years since I involved myself in the type of forum discussions they are talking about. Way back when, when newsgroups were the thing, every single newsgroup with any traffic would regularly degenerate into a flame war (of course they still do, I'm sure), so that got old after a while and I stopped looking at them. It's interesting that the internet has spawned so many corners of culture with their own traditions and so on. Wouldn't it be interesting if more people read pages like the one you linked to, and thought about abstract stuff like that. Imagine if regular people considered logic when they spoke. If you read the letters section of any local newspaper, you know that's not the case, but what a different world, eh?

Must go attempt to do something. This is my last weekday before becoming nurse-maid to DH -- he's having an operation on Monday, and will be home for at least 2 weeks recovering. I may have to hire someone to come in and relieve me....

TPBM wishes she could come be my relief nurse.

Kiwi
Old 03-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

False. End of discussion.

DS went to Spainnn with his d*mn*d retainer. Will his teeth shift in a week? I am p*ss*d and such aboutthis. I want him to have a good time but I don't want $3,500 thrown away because of his adolesncent carlesslenss.s..s Yes he is carless AND careless.

TPBM wants an Oprah makeover.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:33 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Nah, sounds like too much trouble. If they'd come to my house, maybe.

Thou speakest in giant syllables, but thou speakest not in logical sense. May I presume that DS went to Spain withOUT his retainer? Or perhaps he took the Family Retainer with him, thereby costing you an extra 2 weeks of the venerable old fellow's pay of $1750/per. My, he's a costly old bean.

You won't even discuss coming to help me out? You're not doing anything, I've heard...

TPBM is scowling at me.

Kiwi
Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 PM   #4  

False. Squinting, but not scowling.

We'll have to see about DS and retainer. I'm thinking that MomCow believed it would be easier to retrieve if it were lost in a domestic rather than foreign locale. Perhaps DS will surprise all and come home WITH retainer and increased self-awareness.

I actually took a walk today. It was lovely, although there are supposed to be thunderstorms tonight.

I am off to paint. It's only two hours later than I planned... but I'm going.

TPBM would get botox if her scowl lines showed.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

False. Botox is scary. I would like help with my wrinkly long neck though.

I did not swear clearly. DS's retainer is in DS's bathroom. DS is . hhhmmmm. on a plane, I think. I will meet at the airport next week and hand it to him. Maybe not. I'm sure it's GERRRMMY>

I am too doing something. I just ate cheese.

TPBM can tell me which team wears white. Home or visiting.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:54 AM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Cheese, that's something. I think the visiting team wears white. Or the home team. No, the visiting team. What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros? Elephino.

I watched a very sexy movie tonight. Had naked young men in it. Very young. Mexican. Y Tu Mama Tambien. Whoowee, hot stuff.

There won't be any more 3fc until Monday, looks like, so Hoppy Easter! If anyone logs on they can go to the chat room, though.

TPBM has been trying to get here all weekend.

Kiwi
Old 03-26-2005, 02:56 AM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

P.S. His teeth will not shift enough in a week to undo the whole shebang. Not to worry. Just make him wear it day and night for a while
Old 03-27-2005, 11:25 AM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Happy Easter to All of Moo!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:15 PM   #9  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hahahahah----------kiwonk---love the cotton cow!!!! you are FUNny@!!!---i like when peach hollers too-----my step dd's forget their retainers for entire summer vacations and they still look gorgeous so don't be worrying after that one!-----painty-how nice for your walk===i want to walk in texas when the bluebonnets are out---we call them lupins up here---we have purple and pink and mauve and white----are yours all blue???ours come out in June---they are all over the roadsides----very lovely-----we have Good Friday and Easter Monday off here in Canada----the schools and government offices---i hear this is not true in the US---the step dds are here from Denver and they they have no such vacations----why is this????? HAPPY EASTER COWCOWS!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Tell Me Kiwonk ,are These Mexican Boys As Cute As My Kalan??? Doubt It.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:04 AM   #11  

Um, Texans are dense, but not so dense that bluebonnets are any color but BLUE! They are often mixed with evening primrose, Indian paintbruch and gaillarda, though.

It was drizzly here today.
Surfed around on some of the support forum. SOME people are really losing a lot of weight. I don't know how long it has taken them, but if I'm to do it before I die, I better get moving.

Hope you are all full of Spring in your steps and joy in your heart.

TPBM still has a chocolate bunny left.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 02-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:39 AM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

painty---gorgeous photos----i think that the lupin{e} may be a close relative cause ours are all different colours----looks like the same type of flower though---i grow those California Poppies too---love them!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:40 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Happy Birthday Peachy Darling!!!
(is this the right day?)

Hey, those bluebonnets do look like lupins, just maybe a bit smaller. I love lupins but have never been able to get them to grow in my garden. Oh yes, before I forget I have a question for all you gardening geniuses - I have two hanging baskets lined with that coconut fibre stuff. When I plant the baskets, do I just put earth in the top and plant there, or do I make slits in the lining stuff and let them hang out? I'm so confused.

Nearly croaked doing Leslie again last night. I am SO sick of being flabby. Seeng some pictures of myself from Christmas was the last straw. Incredible Hulk anyone? Not green, just a tub. Bleh. I HAVE lost a pound, though, which brings me back down to the starting weight on my ticker thingie. Wow. Great.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:20 AM   #14  
loves kleenex box art

Thank you Sugar !!!

Those ARE beautiful pictures Painty. And they're different sizes so it doesn't look like you took them from a calendar ... ok. just kidding.

DS called from Spain. He has to share a room with Herbie which he doesn't like because, he says, Herbie snores. But more he is annoyed with Herbie's brother, Bigboy. Bigboy was disappointed that the employees in the Barcelona airport speak Spanish not English. They couldn't even read English! Egad. Bigboy has since learned a few word in Spanish. However, he is embarrassing DS by saying "Por favor" when he means "Gracias" and "Grande" when he means "Por favor."

First night in Spain, they ate Chinese.

I am trying to relax today. I hate my boss so much. Sooo Much. I will get an ulcer from this.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:39 PM   #15  

Peach, it sounds like Herbie's brother is doing what all adults are supposed to do, which is mortify the teenagers. Is today your B-day???? Probably one week w/o a retainer won't hurt, but don't let it go any further than that. DS has $3600 worth of orthodontia work that was gorgeous, but he lost his retainer and didn't tell me for 3 weeks and it no longer looks gorgeous. His teeth aren't bad, but they sure aren't perfect.

Sugar, I think you can do either with those fiber mats, I have never used them. I've taken wire baskets, lined them w/ green burlap, cut slits through and planted top and bottom of basket. Works like a moss basket but a.)doesn't cost as much and b.) the burlap doesn't show after the plants fill in, just looks like a huge ball of flowers. My newest cool project is one I saw on a garden show, it's a sphere of succulents on top of an urn. It's made w/ 2 wire baskets. I'll post some pictures if I actually accomplish it. What are you planting in your hanging baskets?

We had a very wet Easter. I guess I can stop bragging about our weather now. I think I'm going back to Weight Watchers as soon as the Easter candy is gone.

Last edited by Wabby; 03-28-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Closed Thread