Old 03-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #1  

Smile Moms Losing Weight # 71 Monday AND Tuesday

Welcome to the wonderful thread of Mom's losing weight.

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (7), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo). I'm counting calories and working out to Richard Simmons, I also drink a gallon of water a day.

Last edited by melmcc99; 03-29-2005 at 07:21 AM. Reason: changing title
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone! How has everyone been? Sorry I haven't posted, I've had lots going on around here. My exercise has gone by the waste side, so I really need to motivate myself to get my butt in gear. I really don't want to go backwards. I was doing so well and spent a fortune on the training and all, and I just have to move forward! I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. Hello newbies! Welcome! See ya soon!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:18 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Melissa,
Thanks for starting the thread!

Girl, you can do this! And I am gonna help you! We are gonna do this together... We have gotten toooo far to give up! We are gonna do this!!!!!!

Welcome all! I gotta babysit all week so I might be a little scarce! have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:09 AM   #4  

Good morning, all

My daughter is on spring break still today, and it's raining like mad so we'll probaby be cooped up in the house a big part of the day. I spent the weekend with my parents, and I eat sooooo much when I'm there. At my house, I tend to have baked versions of anything I might want to snack on along with some healthy options. They have bags and bags of candy, chips, cheese curls, etc. Well, I'm back home now and ready to be on track again. It's been disappointing not even losing 1/2 pound in over a week, but at least I'm not gaining either.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:02 PM   #5  
I will suceed!!!

Okay, seriously, guys, where is everybody? We were on the second page! That's never happened before.

Alright, I just wanted to update you guys. I am moving this week, and my husband and I will be seperated as of April 1st. It's going to be hard to get in my exercise, does lugging things up and down stairs count? I'll be back tomorrow afternoon, hopefully with some good news! Tomorrow, at 11 am, please everyone say a prayer for me. I have a job interview and am really hoping I get the job. Goodnight!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:32 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm here too...just had to work today and then after dinner took Kayla shopping for her swimsuit. I signed her up for swimming lessons. She starts next week.

Tabitha-Sorry to hear you and dh are seperating. How awful! Well hoping you get that job.

HI PENNY! HI MELISSA!

HI Chelle! My two girls had to go back to school today. Talk about bears though! YIKES! Kayla only has 3 days this week because of Parent/Teacher conferences. Tiana...I'm not sure about.

Well gotta go. Check back in the morning.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:20 AM   #7  

Morning all, I am keeping this thread going because it's been so slow. No point in starting new ones.

Tabitha, so sorry to hear that you made the decision to seperate. Good luck with lugging all the stuff out. I'll say a prayer you get that job tomorrow.

Michellej, Lots of rain here too. I think today and tomorrow will be nice though. The weight will get moving doin't worry. Do something different. Trick your body. Eat a little more today and then less tomorrow. See what happens.

Ok, cleaning more today for me. I will try to do some challenges at home. I am going to put my membership at the gym on hold. I don't want to waste 75 dollars a month. I just don't have the motivation to go. Of course, I plan to get back when all the nutty craziness comes down, so I won't cancel it. they will charge me 15 a month to hold it. Much better. BBL to see what's going on. bye
Old 03-29-2005, 11:41 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

Morning Mel...I'm lacking in motivation too. It's kind of (okay its really) frustrating. I haven't gotten anything done yet today. I signed up Kayla for swimming on Tues and Thurs. evenings, and Tiana for dance on Wednesday nights. I can walk around the indoor track at the college during Kayla's swimming lessons and the track outside the Jr. Hi for dance night. That ought to help some. I know what I have to do and how to do it, but getting back to a consistent exercise and eating regime is so over my head right now. I do good for a couple days, blow it for one, good for two more and blow it again. My eating stays pretty good. It's the exercise I'm having a hard time with. I get the challenges done and that's it for the most part.

I have lots of housework to catch up on. YUCK! Kelly is at the doctor right now. He didn't get a choice. They called yesterday and said to be there this morning at 9:20. His bloodwork showed things way out of whack again so I'm not sure what they want to do with him. If it was a medicine change, they would have just phoned in the prescription.

Well...gotta check out what's happening around the cyber world. Check back later.

~chris
Old 03-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #9  

Chris, Hope all is ok with Kelly. keep us posted on his results. I have lots of cleaning to do today too. Don't feel like it or feel like doing much of anything. I did walk Abigail to school and do some lunges and flies today, but that's it. Oh well. Have a good one.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:04 PM   #10  
I will suceed!!!

Well, I got the job and start tomorrow, which will make moving interesting, as I have to move by Friday noon, or they will want another month's rent. And, ladies, now that I have a job, would you like to know what the first thing I am going to take care of? You got it, the warrants. I am going to save up my money, and my h is going to combine what I save with his first paycheck in May and that should be more than enough to take care of it. I'll let you guys know the minute I get that done.

Mel and Chris, thanks for your encouraging words and prayers. I start my job tomorrow on a probabtionary period, to see how I work out. I am confident that there won't be any problems. I will be doing hotel housekeeping. It's something that I have done before, so I know what I am doing. It's just a matter of learning where everything in the linen closet is. Well, I am off to pack, and get things ready to go. Take care all.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #11  

Tabitha, Congrats on the JOb! Way to go.....! HOpefully everything will go smoothly for you! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 03-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Tabitha,
COngrats on the job. I'm sure it'll work out for you. It's nice that your h is going to help you pay for stuff. That is awesome.

Mel,
Kelly's doctor appt. went well. I guess his doctor is thinking his triglyceride levels and such are from a genetic liver problem. He says there's not much to do for it except for losing weight. He's known that, but hasn't done much about it.

Well gotta get some stuff done. I have yet to do anything today. I helped my sister pack. And we took the kids to Burger King to play in the kids area. That is it...Time to get busy.

~chris
Old 03-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmcc99
Michellej, Lots of rain here too. I think today and tomorrow will be nice though. The weight will get moving doin't worry. Do something different. Trick your body. Eat a little more today and then less tomorrow. See what happens.
I've mastered the eating more part now, I think. It's just the eating less one that I've been messing up

I'm becoming a little less obsessive about calories and trying to eat when I feel hungry instead of worrying about how much I've taken in during the day. I think I was probably under-eating before, and now I'm probably eating a bit more than I need. BUT I am definitely not eating anywhere near what I ate before, and I try to exercise 5-6 days of the week. I'm not losing pounds, but I am losing inches. I'm glad I took measurements this time around.

Tabitha- congrats on the new job,
Old 03-30-2005, 09:18 AM   #14  
I will suceed!!!

Good morning ladies! Well, I am all ready for my first day at work! The best part, I think, is going to be that there is no uniform, so I can wear comfortable pants and a t-shirt to work in. HA!

I hope that everyone is having a good morning.

Chrissy, MichelleRea, Roxy.....and everyone else, where are you guys? Hope things are going well. Miss y'all.

I have gotten very little done by way of packing. I put on a couple of pounds in the past two days, so, I really need to buckle under. I haven't been able to quit smoking yet, but working, and having to smoke outside where I'll be living will at least help me cut down. Also, it will help with my water intake. Only water while I am at work, no sodas. I'm eating a good breakfast this morning, before I go to work, and will see how it goes for the next few days before I start taking a lunch. I think it's going to be one of those things where I'll work the day through and eat a snack when I get home. I just hope they don't pile a bunch of rooms on for my first day. Well, breakfast is just about ready.

Chelle, it's good that you aren't obsessing about calories as much. And exercising 5 to 6 times a week means you've probably started to put on muscle and that's why you are losing inches more than weight. It makes sense.

Chris, glad his appointment went well. Hopefully he'll get motivated to lose some weight?

Mel, you can do it! Things will settle down soon. Just give yourself a little time.

Bbl, guys, have a good morning all!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:48 PM   #15  

starting a new thread so maybe someone will post