Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:42 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Chit Chat #120

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Thursday Morning Ladies~

Thought I would go ahead and start a new thread since it was at 49 posts.

Susan~thank you for the pics of you and the girls. The girls are getting so big, especially little Gaby. I love her outfit, the one with the boots on, so cute as is her haircut.

Anita~the pics are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them with us. It's always nice to put face to a name.

Ellen~are you still feeling bad? And are you taking some meds for the cough? Seems like you have had it for a while and I worry it may turn into something worse.

Someone mentioned Nora Roberts...I haven't read anything recent of hers but she is good and I love her books.

Hi to everyone else

Okay, the bad thing with starting a new thread is I forgot who all posted and what all was said. Sorry if I missed someone. Anyway...hope everyone is fine and having a good day so far.

Nothing special planned today for myself. Just getting some laundry and housecleaning done. I finished a book last night and am finally going to start Eleventh Hour. I got side tracked before and bought other books that I wanted to read first so finally am getting to this one. I love to read.

Well, ladies on with the day. Take care and have a good one.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-24-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:31 AM   #3  
Closed

WOMANS WORK IS NEVER DONE LOL
GOOD MORNING CRISTINA I'm so used to calling you Cristi, but I get the feeling you would prefer Cristina. I have been taking Meds for the cough, and it did turn into something more today , I am very congested this morning, I was wondering if the Kitties will take care of me now, Slowly but surely they are starting to feel a little bit better, no one is back to normal yet,I must admit this has been a very long winter,and I will be thankful when it and all the sickness is over,I am exhausted from being sick , I guess I am sick of being sick I have nothing planned for this day, I couldn't follow through with anything anyway, I am very behind with a lot of things, but there isn't much I can do about it right now. I have so many books to read, I haven't been reading much lately I can't seem to consentrate, I have tried, but to no avail. At least I have a lot of reading material when I feel more like reading, I should be good book wise for many months Well I am glad your home and back here, I missed you, I hope you have a nice day, don't overdo, take some time for you . I think I need some tea now, so I'll be back in a while

GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE ELSE
Old 03-24-2005, 11:34 AM   #4  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Happy Easter!That was in case i don't get back here before!!(You never know with these darn computers)

OYYY i can never remember what the other threads said...
I am here Ellen.. jeez where did you go to get that coffee ???
Or.. Maybe you went back to bed??
I hope it is a good one... maybe you should be off to see a doctor about that cough ? My hubby had one for 2 years... it was chronic bronchitis.. it started out as a cold though...

And you know what.. i dont even like turkey!!

Hi everyone!!

Old 03-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #5  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Ha Ha you snuck back while i was creating my masterpiece lol
Old 03-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #6  
Closed

Thumbs up

ITS TWO AND A HALF DAYS TILL EASTER
HI TERRI We were 3 minutes apart can you believe it It is a masterpeice at that, I was gone a long time for that coffee wasn't I, well you see ,I had to walk all the way downstairs to the kitchen , then I had to make the coffee , feed the kitties , pour the coffee, clean up the mess when I missed the cup walk all the way back upstairs, then my son came home, kicked me off the computer for a little bit, went to my room and sobbed cause I missed you , drank my coffee , and here I am , but I bet I'm to late I bet you have found another friend by now WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T LIKE TURKEY I understand your point though , I have trouble swallowing the flag to I will have to go see the doctor, but I so hate doing that, never get any satisfaction , so it gets harder to do, its so frustrating, SoooOOOO if you don't like turkey, why are you having turkey,????? Why not pancakes or chili that would be a nice change of the Easter Menu.Well I don't think your listening to me, I don't blame you , I just ramble on and on and on, . I have been watching the outcome of the Terry Shaivo Story, the sadest most disgusting thing I have ever seen, My heart goes out to her and her family, I can't make any sense of any of it, its just heartbreaking, but thats my opinion.Well I will check back in , in a bit to see where you are, Ok

WHERE ARE ALL YOU OTHER GIRLS HOPE YOUR HAVING A WONDERFUL DAY

Last edited by Tea Rose; 03-24-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

lol I love you Ellen, you always make me laugh. Love your 2 1/2 days to Easter.

I am working 8 am to noon today and will be back at 6 pm til 10 pm.

Rachel called and they just got back from the coast- going to see em at noon - can't wait. Gaby got on the phone and talked up a storm. Miss her little self.

Drinking water. Wearing my size 8 jeans.......ugh. Tight but I ain't taking them off. In my best Dr. Phil voice " I am owning them" lol......

Thanks Cristi!! That is the cutest dress that Gaby has on in that picture. I don't know the brand but it cost 4.99 at Goodwill. The boots were GAP, Christmas gift.....she looked daper that day. We had walked to Freddies for coffee ( donut for her) on her birthday.

blah- blah-

Listening to a resident vent across the wall,,,,,,,,,yikes. I am glad I am the assistant......lol

best get!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Okay, just checking in to see who has posted since I was last here before getting off this thing for the day.

Ellen~good to know. I like the ironing girl-speaking of which I do have a few things I need to get ironed. Just haven't felt like dragging the thing out for three little things, hardly worth it and it's not anything I will be wearing soon anyway, hehe.

Susan~Gaby really is a cutie-pie. I love kids at her age. My niece in AR is 6 or 7, never can remember and while I was down there she was so shy. The last time I saw her was when they were living in North Carolina and she was a few months old so she wouldn't even know who I was. Everytime I talked to her though she would just grin so big and turn red, so cute!

Terri~did someone mention turkey. I cooked a turkey for Easter a couple of times, many years ago. Don't normally cook on Sundays unless it is a special occasion but since we really don't celebrate Easter, other than going to Mass I don't cook a special dinner hardly. Last year I did cook a ham but this year I am making a cake and probably just something simple. We never have company and my family is out of state so...

Marti~what happened to you girly? We haven't heard from you or I haven't since I have been back. Must be getting back in your working nights and sleeping days routine. Bet that would be kinda weird-being away a week, and now trying to get back on that schedule. Well, at least tomorrow is Friday-isn't this your weekend with Jhanai? I can't ever keep track. Anyway, hope things are fine with you.

Does anyone have special plans for Easter? Special dinner? Coloring eggs? Easter egg hunt? I so miss that. My kids are going to have to give me some grandkids! Or I will just go adopt some! Anyway, as I said above we don't have special plans, just Mass. It is supposed to rain here Sunday.

Okay ladies I haven't gotten much done at all. Of course I don't really have much to do except two loads of laundry and vacuum. Was checking on some things online and now I am getting off for the day. May try to be back later

Take care and have a good one.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:58 PM   #9  
Closed

AHH SUSAN I CAN'T GET MY DARN LEG UP , SO HOW DO I GET MY JEANS ON This is one thing I'd like not to own, Huh,, its easy for Dr Phil to say, but he hasn't tried getting into my jeans. OH OH that didn't sound right Iam so happy for you getting into your size eight,who cares if there tight , there on , Monday morning I am making a conscious effort to get this weight off, but if I'm not conscious ,I guess I'm off the hook Ok I am doing it, this is all mind over matter , but having said that, if I don't mind ,it don't matter, OH OH its the fever I am not responsible for anything stupid I may say, at any time So glad your girls are back, right in time for your Second Birthday celebration.I hope your day is a great one,I will check back with you later. HUGS SUSAN did you see your Marcia Marcia Marcia post

HIYA CRISTINA I thought maybe I was giving some new information about woman's work but I think by your tone you knew that already NO Special dinner , no egg colouring , no easter egg hunt, nothing ,nada, nope ,nothing planned,I feel so sad now, all this Easter Extravaganza and I have nothing planned , how can this be. I still haven't recovered from Christmas, and thats no YOLK HA HA that was an Easter Pun did you get it, Ok I am going now, I know when I have worn out my welcome. Have a great day Cristi

Last edited by Tea Rose; 03-24-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:24 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

hmmm, DR.Phil hasn't worm my pants either - lol. YES, I loved the Marcia,Marcia,Marcia post - where did you get that picture? Way cute.

Need to get back to work but my boss heated some yummy smelling food for his lunch, now I am starving!

Thanks Crist - also I got the birthday card, that was sweet - appreciate it

k- better get some workorders done and I can get out of here on time. So best get!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Hello! Can't believe how chatty you girls are! WONDERFUL!!! I say...I must play around w/the clipart and see if I can add some pretty's myself! Until then....just going to have to deal w/the smilies here!

Really enjoyed seeing pictures! Susan and Anita, FANTASTIC photos! I love being able to see a face to the person we "chat" with!

This week at work has been rough for me! But I'm finally back to getting used to working until 2:30 or 3:00. Thankfully the work load as been small so they haven't been needing people to stay over to catch up on work. I heard that they had a horrible time last week though....so many people calling in sick. I must have picked a perfect time for vacation!!

Well ladies....I'm going to make this quick for now...I have to go visit w/James before he leaves for work in a couple hours. It's our Anniversary today and I just got up!

I'll BBL if I have time!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:24 PM   #12  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Default Easter

Good Afternoon!

Well, we keep missing each other Ellen! I know it is frustrating to go to the doctor..When i had my gallbladder out i had gone it to them and told them what was wrong... they kept giving me maalox telling me it was heartburn.... Anyway i hope your teatime was good!!

I have 2 little kids, so tomorrow we will be coloring our eggs!! (I always get them to draw names and pictures with crayon before i dye them, that way the crayon shows through the dye and it makes them interesting!!

Then Saturday night when i get home from the concert, i will hide the little chocolate eggs all over...

I don't know why our family gets together on Easter.... probably because it would be a long time in between Christmas and Thanksgiving to see each other... and thats the truth ruth.

Susan,,, did i see that right? a size 8???? ummm i dont think i have ever heard of that size???

Also I heard mention of somthing else i didnt recognize... what was it..... Oh ya iron.. what is that?????

We are a wrinkled house and proud of it LOL

Cristi, if you were closer i would tell you to hop on over for easter dinner..

Well I am off to browse.. maybe get supper ready... ttfn xxoo

Old 03-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #13  
RosieKate

Terri - You just reminded me that I need to dye the eggs with my kids - I almost forgot.... Love your posts - so Spring-y

Ellen - where do you get your pix? I thought the Marcia one was hilarious...

Susan - You've inspired me to get with it on my water consumption...If I am supposed to drink half my weight in ounces, then I need 90 oz..or 11 glasses thereabouts. I usually get 7-9 in... so I do need to improve for sure. How are the Atkins shakes going? I see those at Costco all the time.

Marti - Looks like you didn't miss much at work while you were away

Anite - Loved the pix - what a sweet family you have

Well, DH is on his way home from work - gets tomorrow off and I have a hot date with the hairdresser...gonna make me gorgeous. I am happy to turn the offspring over to him for a little bit. "Offspring" is too kind of a word for what they are today - let's try "demon spawn" or something like that. Spring Break really needs to be over before Mommy needs Paxil.

Anyway - may try to get out for a hike when DH arrives, then I will feel better about everything and everyone

Kids are screaming so I must be off....BBL

Old 03-24-2005, 06:11 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Posting another quickie! (sorry ladies...I promise to be back longer when I get the chance)

I looked at my calendar and you wouldn't believe this.....It tells me that Easter is April 10th!! No wonder I was so confused with all this countdown to Easter! My calendar has malfunctioned!!

So now I'm scrambling to get things together for Easter Sunday!!

Sheesh!!!! What's next?

I'll chat more next time girls!

Hugs to all!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:17 PM   #15  
RosieKate

It's ok, Marti - It snuck up on me, too. I use a Palm to keep track of everything, but I don't have holidays programmed so I get caught off-guard occasionally.

Anyone watching AI? DH and I are hooked (again) some really good singers, IMO. REALLY hoping Mikalah goes home tonight.

Cristi - thanks for the postcard of the Clinton Library..it is an impressive building - I would like to see it someday....by the time I get around to it I KNOW that crowds will have died down!

OK- so I bailed on the walk - just feel like such a slug today. But I chugged a bunch of water, so I did get my 90 oz in...

Have a great evening, everyone!

Closed Thread