Old 03-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Easter Plans?

What are ya'll doing for Easter? I will be spending Easter with my boyfriend and his family, and his niece (who is 7 years old). I haven't really had Easter with them, but they are having a big dinner. My family gives gifts for easter, rather than chocolate (of course I used to get something). I really like that idea, and am passing that along to my bf, we bought his niece a Disney Princess set, which also includes some candy, but I think the little crown will be the most popular. What does your family do?

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:29 AM   #2  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

We will be getting together for a family dinner. Healthy this year. We will be having Turkey breast with boiled potatoes and a few types of vegetables. My brothers will be coming over an probably my in-laws.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Easter is probably one of my all time favorite holidays. My mom's side of the family gets together at my aunt's house. I couldn't count the people. We will be having a huge meal--I don't think there is a bad cook in the bunch, and then the older kids will hide the eggs for the younger ones.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #4  
missaprylj

Nothing major here! I'll probably go to mass on Saturday night, and other than that... do nothing! Maybe Dad and I will whip up a ham or something. Who knows?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #5  
Born Loser

I forgot to mention church. I will be going to a breakfast before service and then to service. The preacher will be Red Foleys (old time country music singer) grandson Rusty. I have been wanting to hear him. I don't know why that interest me but but it does. I mean I like country music and I guess the conection just makes me want to hear what he preaches like. Anyway it ought to be a good day. I just have to watch all the goodies at breakfast.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:57 PM   #6  

I am going to my folks house, and it will be hard because my mom cooks with her bacon drippings!! Can you believe that! EWWWW! It is not a healthy house. So, I will probably go shopping for some food that is safe for me so I do not give in to all the corn bread and chicken fried steak with cream gravy. Yes, I am from the south!
apriltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #7  

Howie - a scary fact about me is that I used to play the fiddle. And grew up listening to old time country music, with a fiddle, piano, and drums. I once considered releasing a tape... crazy times!

-Aimee
Old 03-23-2005, 12:07 AM   #8  
Born Loser

That's cool. Do you not play anymore?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:11 AM   #9  

I stopped when I hit about 12-13, right around when my hormones kicked in and I didn't think it was "cool" anymore.. plus I was always more into sports and gave up the fiddle for swimming.

-Aimee
Old 03-23-2005, 12:14 AM   #10  
Born Loser

I always wanted to play something but I guess I'll just stick to the radio.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:25 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I am spending Easter at my boyfriend's house--well, not really his house...he lives with his cousin, her husband, and their three sons (so talk about no privacy, which is why he comes to MY place on the weekends ). I was there for Easter last year, too...hard for me to travel to my family on a holiday where I don't get time off from work since my sister is about 200 miles away and my parents are, hmm, far (I'm in Northern Virginia and they are in Northern Connecticut). Last year, Jeff's family had lasagna, pasta salad, and salad for Easter dinner--huge leap from the ham, fish, mashed potatos, corn, rolls, broccoli casserole, and tons of other food we had at my family's dinners! I think sometimes we had keilbasa, too, since my mom's side is Polish.

Growing up, we got gifts and candy! My parents would buy big Easter baskets and fill them with toys and movies and clothes and candy--whatever would fit! Then they would hide the entire baskets somewhere in the house for my sister and me to find in the morning. That's what we did instead of hiding Easter eggs (and of course, the baskets were from "the Easter Bunny").
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #12  
Losing 1/2 of Myself

S/C/G: 324/195/170

Height: 5'9"

My roommate and I are going to my parents for breakfast, which will be good because my mom is all about helping me stick to plan. Then we go to lunch at roommates grand parents, that will not be good at all. Fat, Fat, and Fat with a side of Fat!!! UUUGH! Yuck.
I'll have to fill up on fruit or something before I even leave my house!
treefrogtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:13 AM   #13  

I don't celebrate Easter normally, but my nephew is being baptised this sunday and my sis wants me to do double duty and the the Godmother as well. So I will be dressed up and in front of a croud.

Then after, my grandmother is going to serve lunch. At least I won't have to worry about over eating as she is not one known for her culinary skills.
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #14  
Jenny

Looks like I'm cooking easter dinner at my place this year! I have full control over the healthy food choices.

I looked through the recipes section and was able to find a couple things, now I just need a healthy way to prepare a ham and some potatoes!
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 273.5/see ticker/125-150???

Height: 5'2"

We'll be having TWO Easter dinners -- ugh! That is the norm in our family, though. The first one (lunch time) is at MIL's. We will also be celebrating our daughter's 6th birthday (her birthday is actually tomorrow). Then at supper time, we go to my Mom's for dinner. At least there are a few semi-healthy choices at each place...
puff0518 is offline   Reply With Quote