A princess in the making!

Angry ~~ Week of July 8 ~~~

Good morning all! Well I
guess I beat RR up again. How do you get to
sleep late with little ones. Well no loss
for me last week. I stayed the same. But I
think maintaining is a bigger battle than
losing it. So I was happy.

Not much going on here. Really hot and humid. Which is not good for my son's asthma. Got some stuff do around here today and then back to work tomorrow. Between vaction, holiday and my son being sick. I was off the whole week. So it is not going to be fun catching up on stuff. Let's just hope I have a job now that the company I work for has been bought.

Old 07-08-2001, 10:08 AM   #2  

Good morning!

Pryia - maintaining is a good thing. Hope your son's asthma is okay.

Normally dh and I go play golf on Sunday mornings but he is out of town - so I'm doing laundry and checking in here. It should be another hot day.

Bye!

Rabbit
Old 07-08-2001, 12:28 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

HEY PEOPLE!!!!
I get up at 6am but was downloading music and burning CD's to keep #2 quiet!!!!!She loves to dance and I have her room set up with mirrors like dance class and it keeps her occupied!!!!

We are listening to music now-big cat in my lap and her dancing next to me!!!!

BIG LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul--12 pounds since April!!!!
Lauren- 0.2lbs!!!
Rabbit-1 lb!!!!

Well the mud race is next Sunday!!!!Hopefully #1 will not require me to carry her this year!!
That was rough!!!It should be nice and nasty cuz it has rained every day!!!!
Well off to my jog in the neighborhood!!!
RR
Old 07-08-2001, 05:17 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Dinner went well! I ended up putting the pork roast straight from the freezer into the crock pot with 1 big onion, a big can of chicken broth and some seasoning that I usually use for pot roast. I put it on high and let it go. I forgot to turn it to low before bed Friday night though, and forgot to check it. So, 6:30 Saturday AM, I jumped up, ran in the kitchen and found it starting to burn around the edge of the crock, because the broth was almost gone!! I turned it off and put it in a corning dish. I ended up having mom over, since it was soo big, and made some little red potatoes and green beans to go with it. Also made honey wheat bread from a mix and chocolate icecream. I still have to figure out the points for the icecream and bread. It was all really good, but I decided that from now on, I will stick to the traditional method for pork roast, because it tasted too much like pot roast in the crock!! It even looked like it!!

I went to a couple open houses today...self-torture I guess!! One was a dump, don't even know why I stopped, it's on a main drag. The other I want!! It's a ranch and it's bordering on fixer-upper. Unfortunately around here it's still a seller's market and prices are high. They just came down to $214,000 from $224,000. The woman is anxious to sell, because her husband recently passed away. She's an older woman, but not real old. It's a great neighborhood, like Leave it to Beaver! A girl who grew up in the neighborhood came by to see it and she referred to it that way. The kids play in the street, it's a few streets off the main drag, it's an older neighborhood, built in the 50's. The house needs a lot of updating, although it does have a newly remodeled kitchen...little though. I brought Jim back to see it and I think he likes it, but doesn't want to get our hopes up because last we checked, we barely qualified for a mortgage. I'm making 4K more than last check though, and the debt is paid down a little more. I can't imagine why we couldn't get a mortgage...based on what other people I know have gotten!!

Pryia- Good to see you...was wondering where you were!!

Gotta run, have a great rest of the weekend all!!
Old 07-09-2001, 12:36 PM   #5  

HI all. Happy Monday!

Dh is still out of town and actually it's been kind of nice. He has been stressed out lately and had a short fuse - so I'm kind of glad to have a break! Hope he comes back with a better frame of mind . . .

RR - you sound just great! Glad things are running so smoothly with the new family!

I've been a couple points over on Friday and Saturday - yesterday I was FINALLY under my point range. I always add up my exercise points, but I don't "use" them. What do the rest of you ww's do with your exercise points??

have a great week all!

Think thin!

Rabbit
Old 07-09-2001, 05:33 PM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a better Monday than me!! This could not have been more of a Monday!! My boss calls me this AM and tells me that my increase is $200.00!! That works out to .5%!! It would be 1%, but since I've only been here 6 months, they pro-rate it. I'm pissed because at the company meeting last month they told us it was a bad year and that people that get a "meets expectations" on their review will get 1.5% and people getting an "exceeds expectations" will get 3%. Still measly, but they just totally screwed me!! I was ranting to anyone that would listen today and the only answer I got, from my old boss, was that QA was given a certain budget for raises and they split it evenly among the group...they don't do things the same as ClinOps...who got the 1.5% and 3.0%!! UGH, I'm soo mad, and the person that decided that raise is in India on an audit til the 12th!! She's gonna get an earfull when she gets back!!

Have any of you tried the Morningstar Farms Corn Dogs? They're pretty good, I'm having 2 for dinner tonight. I don't know that I'd make a habit of them, but they're not bad, if you're in the mood for a corn dog! A friend of mine loves them, that's why I tried them.

Rabbit- Glad you're back on track and hope DH comes back in a better mood!!

Have a great evening all!!
Old 07-10-2001, 11:44 AM   #7  

Hello out there!

Hope you're all having a great week. I was under points again yesterday - woohoo. I had my aqua kick class last night and I don't like to go on a full stomach, so I usually eat when I get home around 8:30, so I don't eat as much. A good thing! I like the class - I think we get quite a work out. It reminds me of the tae bo tapes I used to do. I quit those because I hurt my knees with the kicking but I don't think this will be a problem in the water. Hope not!

Lauren - I sure hope so too! I know he's stressed because of work, but it doesn't make it much easier to deal with it all the time!

Life is short, make the most of it!

Rabbit
Old 07-10-2001, 01:13 PM   #8  

LBH-Hang in there a few more months til Parsipanny opens.

I lost 4lbs this week. I can't believe I am close to breaking the 200's. I am so hyped. I can taste 199.8.

Sorry at work....more later.

Old 07-10-2001, 01:55 PM   #9  
Donna

Happy Tuesday Everyone

And thank God it's Tuesday because yesterday was such a Monday .

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. My diet has been for the dogs lately. I haven't been planning my meals and when I don't plan then I plan to fail (what a saying). I'm starting over again tonight at WW, I only missed one week, but I feel like I haven't been working on this for a while.

On the wedding front (RR I think you asked), I'm getting pretty close. We ordered the invitations yesterday, and the favors for the tables last week, the next big thing will be addressing and sending out the invitations. I have my first dress fitting on 7/26, which incidentaly is the target date for closing on my house .

Otherwise things have been pretty hectic, I've gotta start thinking about packing up the house, we really want to move by the end of Aug, first week of Sept. K got an offer on his place yesterday, hopefully she accepts his counter offer , then we don't have to worry about making an offer on one we like. We start looking on Thurs, but our Realtor gave us a stack of listings to go thru and pick the ones we want to see, so K's out this afternoon looking at the outsides. Work stinks, but at least it's not so busy that I can't surf the net for houses, and plan my wedding .

Well, I should probably get some work done, so I've gotta go. I promise I'll respond to people next time and it won't be all about me.

Have a great day everyone .

- Tech
Old 07-11-2001, 06:54 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good MOrning!!!Got to sleep in cuz I am registering #2 for her new school this morning...She will be going to a special ed program with other DS kids soo hopefully she will begin talking more with more intense speach therapy.

Tech-It is ok to talk about U!!!Remember LE did it, Lauren did it and I did it!!!Now we talk about U!!!!!!Sept is rolling around!!!Good luck on the house closing!!!!

Well off to dress the child!!!!Have a great day!!!
Oh--I bought the "family roadster" yesterday!!!It is too funny since my last car and every car I have owned was 5 speed sports cars!!!This SUV is sooo much fun to drive that I now have 22 miles on it!!!But the weirdest thing is it looks like there is too much stuff comming behind me with the seats!!!It is too convenient to buckle up a kid seat that is waist level and no bending!!!!(ok=--the butt warmer in the seat was a little overboard but there are some things that make life a little more fun!!!!!!*L*)

Have a great day!!!
RR
Old 07-11-2001, 12:16 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Man, I am such a loser...and I don't mean in a good way!! I had chinese food for dinner last night!! What was I thinking the night before WI?! I mean, I'm hoping the salt does not catch up with me by tonight, or if it does, I hope I drink it away today!! I'm trying to keep my food intake light today, so hopefully the damage won't be too bad!! The good thing is, I threw out the rest of the food, I don't like to eat chinese food leftovers, they always do weird things to me!! Actually, it was doing bad things to me last night...thought I lost 5 pounds in the bathroom before bed!!

Gotta run...
Old 07-11-2001, 08:37 PM   #12  

Hello all! Tomorrow night is weigh in - hoping for a loss (ofcourse) and should get atleast a little - but you never know. I'm going out of town for a couple days, but will behave myself this time - no going over points . I must be strong. I know I can do this. I believe in me. I believe in me.

Pryia - good luck on getting to the 100's! So exciting, I know.

Tech - good luck starting over. The wedding plans seem to be coming along fine.

RR - hope the school is great for sd. Congrats on the new car!

LBH - good luck at weigh in - hope the chinese food didn't get you! I never like chinese leftovers either - just not as good warmed up.

Have a super day!

RABBIT
Old 07-11-2001, 10:32 PM   #13  

Angry

Hi all,
Hope it's ok to jump in. I'm anxious to get caught up on everyone. I had an ok day eating wise...but didn't get up early and walk...thought I'd go to 7 pm Jazzercise...but ended up not going. When I'm finished here, I'm laying out my clothes/shoes and walking before dh leaves for work in the morning. Got on the scales this morning and am back to 235
So...Wed is weigh day for me.

Pryia~ Hope getting caught up on everything wasn't too hard. I agree about maintaining.

Lauren~ We are house hunting too...kind of. We are definitely outgrowing this one and are going out on weekends looking. It gets so overwhelming and there's so much to think about...schools and dh's work...traffic here is awful!! Sorry about your $$! That stinks. I bet you'll be pleasantly suprised at your weigh in!! Good luck...and good job throwing the rest away!!

Rabbit~ How did your time alone go. Sometimes I don't like it when hubby leaves...but other times...it's a relief. The aqua kick class has to be a real workout!!

Wow, Tech, you ARE busy!! Everything sounds exciting though!

RR~ Congrats on the car! It sounds great. I have a Dodge Grand Caravan and I remember feeling like a bus driver when I first got it...it's so strange looking out the rear view mirror...especially when people are in the way back.

Does Kymber ever come around here anymore?? I read a really good thread she started on the Success board. I would love to ask her about a million questions about how she lost her weight. I ordered one of the books she suggested. I would love it if it would come in before we leave for vacation Saturday.

What about Watermelon? Anyone hear from her??

Ok...I'm off to lay out my clothes!

Have a great Thursday,
Cindy
Old 07-12-2001, 10:08 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Surprise, surprise, I had a great WI!! I lost 1.4 lbs.!! I really didn't expect that much!! So I'm down 9.2 since I rejoined. Hoping to get my ribbon next week!! WooHoo!!

Cindy- Glad to have you back here!! Hope you got up and walked this AM!! Setina drops in every now and then to say hi. Kymber does too. They both appear to be very busy with their jobs! Last I remember, they were both doing pretty good.

Rabbit- Good luck at WI tonight!! Be strong...you can be OP and be away from home, you know you can!!

RR- What kind of SUV did you get?? I've been looking around, but I've only had my car just under 2 yrs.!! I have to save a little more for a downpayment...HA...the story of my life!!

Tech- Glad to see you here! Stay around as much as you can!! And vent all you want, like RR said, we all did it, getting married is vey stressful!! And don't forget those 3 important words...I DON'T CARE!! Remember that when you start stressing about decorations, musical selections, children behaving, etc.!! It doesn't matter, because everything will work out!! Hang in there chicky!!

Pryia- Congrats, great loss!! WooHoo!! You are kicking butt!!

Gotta run, found out this AM that we are being audited Monday AM, so I need to get a bunch of training files in order for them!! Nothing like throwing me into a new position!! HA, I love it though!!

Have a great day all!! Oh, new stats: 245.4/236.2/Labor Day:229/170
Old 07-12-2001, 10:30 PM   #15  

Default Hello

Hello Eveyone!!! Finally all
caught up at work. Tomorrow should be pretty laid back. Just have tons of printing to do. Hopefullly I can finish that up and move on
to the coping and putting in binders. MY MY
to much fun for one!!!

Cindy---Hang in there. I
started in March 27th at 235.8 and now I am
down to 209. I plan on losing another 20 by
my birthday in October. So just take it one
day at a time. Setina and I talk and she is
doing well. Still having those terrible
headaches but all in all she is
good.

I went to this French Festival downtown today. It runs through Sunday. I
walked around and looked at all the food.
While hearing the points go cha-ching in my
head. Did not eat anything and have packed
my lunch for tomorrow. I already owe 10
points to the bank. I did pay back 3.5
today. And I will pay the rest back before
weigh in.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! I AM NOT GIVING UP THIS WAR!!!

Closed Thread