Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Default Chit Chat #118

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily happenings. Please feel free to join us.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:00 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning & TGIF!!!

Ellen - the recipe sounds totally decadent, so I'm sure my family will love it, lol. How're the kitties today? Better, I hope. You'll make a good grandma when your time comes. A grandma needs a good imagination and a big, caring heart and you've got both of those.

Cristi - I'll be gone before you get back. I know you and DD are going to have a great time!

Katy - hope you and yours have a good vacation, too. How many times will the kiddos say "Are we there yet"? Lol. Makenzie, the twin's, favorite thing to say in the car is "Where are we?" 50 times. Too funny!!

Marti - I miss you!! Hope you're having the time of your life, though.

Good morning also to Angie, Susan, Kathy, Katiecat, Mindee, Sue, Pam, Anita, Terri and anyone else reading this!

Need to run more errands today. Never an end to it! Then, as I mentioned, Mackenzie's coming over to help make mini muffins. She'll eat more than she saves to take home, I betcha, lol. They will have apples in them, so is it ok to tell her mom that she's eating healthy stuff?

BBL,
Old 03-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #3  
RosieKate

Good morning...
Just popping in...I am spending the day packing and running errands. My daughter and I will make some apple-oatmeal cookies for the trip. She loves to "make recipes"... and she's a good helper!

My son has discovered the Broadway cast recording of "The Lion King", so between that and his Quantum Pad Leap Frog.....he should be set for the trip.

My scale said I was down another 2 lbs today. It's pretty typical for me...I go weeks and months in a plateau, then just drop 5 or so pounds pretty fast....then I'll go back to months of maintaining. Maybe this time its different. At any rate, I've been experiencing lots of fluctuations lately, so I 'm not changing my tracker 'til I get back and see if it "took"

Keep my seat warm, gals.... "see" you when I get back

Old 03-18-2005, 01:51 PM   #4  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Thumbs up

Good Afternoon:
Friday already!! Yay! Wow i am jealous of all of you who are on vacation or going... i havent had a vacation since i was a kid with my parents!! At least 10 years!!
WEll i havent lost any weight, but, i tried on a pair of pants 2 weeks ago.. i could get them on but they dug into my sides and hurt.. So i had a doctors appointment today and i tried them on again and they fit!! I could even stick a couple fingers, between the pants and me!!! I am so excited and i felt so good!!

Well just wanted to say to everyone have a GREAT week-end!!!! and if i get busy this week-end i will be back monday!!!! ttfn xxoo
Old 03-18-2005, 04:57 PM   #5  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon -

Congrats Katie!! Super on the weight loss.....

You really think mini candy bars and weight gain go hand in hand Ellen???? Does it help if I say I don't even like chocolate - it is kind of an automatic thing - just start shoving those mini's in my mouth - lol

REALLY do need to get a handle on it though - or I will be sprouting another handle..... " I am a little tea cup, short and sprout - here is my handle , here is my sprout" ????? Spout??? I forget- what is my point??

lol

hmm, yes. I am exhausted......

I am not sure what Gaby and her father did on their visit Jane. She came home chatty and happy. We sat and talked about Beethoven, I asked about church and wanted to know if he took her. She didn't understand though. That was the extent of my questioning. She was fine - though just because she is happy with him I want her safe as well. Our problems over the last 3 years have come from his drug use & instability. What I have seen though is he loves his children in his own way.

Coming from someone that is not an expert - I see a lot of selfishness on his part in his parenting. Because where it should be all about the child he makes it all about Mike.

That just stands out in my mind because when she was crying in his truck last Saturday - instead of soothing her he talks to me about his self esteem book.

He is taking her this weekend because last weekend was a make up one. Because I refused to let him take her that Saturday ( after that Fridays hearing- 2 weeks ago) - so I offered a make up.

This is her regular visitation time. He will pick her up at 7 pm. I asked about April - wanting to make sure I had her the 23rd and he said yes. I said good because I wanted to take her to a concert.

He said "is that really a good thing?"

I said "It is the Wiggles Mike, a childrens thing, she loves them."

He brushed it off and started telling me that while I get Easter this year ( it is my birthdau weekend and it is my weekend in general) he would get the next holiday.

blah - blah.....

anyway, best get......

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-18-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #6  
Closed

HAPPY SPRING LADIES

It was such a pretty day today , until you went outside brrrrrr, but springs coming just around the corner,I'm hoping anyways, although some of you are already enjoying flowers and such aren't you. I'm tired today, had a hard time getting to sleep, think I was still awake at 4 . Bri and Amelie are still very sick, antibiotics don't seem to be taking hold yet, so I am worried,one is to old one is to young,.

Hi Jane I think you will like that recipe, I can't make it to often because I love them so much Thanks for the nice words, I hope I have the same experiences you do ,with your Grandchildren.

Hi Susan
Nah I was just kidding about the candy bars and weight gain,I really have no idea what the reasons behind this complex physiological situation we find our selves in ,( did you get that) I do know it has something to do with hand to mouth activities, but I thought that was exercise didn't you I think thats I'm a little teapot short and stout isn't it, which brings me to your point, we aren't getting any thinner I have only one request ,LET ME SLAP HIM I hope you have a great weekend

Hi Tlprocks
Congratuations on getting your pants on, its always best to wear something to the doctors office,
1st Poem
When your pants are tight and hurt
Its always best to wear a skirt
But if the skirt ,is also tight
Its time to switch to Jello Light

There's your first poem , you may or may not get used to my humor
Have a great weekend , glad to have you here

Hi Katy
Your leaving to, when will you be back, I hope you have a wonderful trip, Why is everyone leaving just when I get back

Hi Pam
Where are you,??? how are you doing ???, I hope everything is fine, I am so happy to hear the little kitty is doing so well with you, she must be so happy to have room to run, and windows to veiw the outside world ,How that car running,I'm still waiting for you to pick me up so we can go for icecream

Hi to Everyone Else
I hope you have great plans for the weekend, I will check back later to see if anyone else pops in, must go feed my family, I got a lot of kids

Last edited by Tea Rose; 03-19-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

complex physiological situation???

Wow, and I thought I was just getting fat. I didn't know it was a physiological thingie going on. Very impressed with myself......wait, let me go get a mini!!

lol

I LOVE the kitties Ellen! I don't know how you do that but looks so cute.

I don't think I am getting enough exercise and I have money now to go through the drive thru's and order hamburgers and go to the Express ( it serves gourmet Chinese ala fast food style......pssst - you didn't know I could speak another language didja?? Ala adios.....haha

anywho.......popping peanuts and chedder crackers.......too many trips to the vending machine???

yikes........the boss, best get!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #8  
Closed

Susan ,thats what I said, in a round about way BRB I need a twinkie Janes gonna kick our butts you know, I will race you to to the weight loss finish line, get ready , get your tracker up , and lets go, vs

Last edited by Tea Rose; 03-19-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:24 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

I so love your little purple ( violet?) shoe Ellen. Very dainty.......I can just see you clomping in those to the Twinkie box - lol

woooo hooo......omg- I feel like I am drunk- so goofy.

Think Jane will be scolding us??

Am I the cow or the pig??

waaaa..... racing would take too much energy, movement, ala motavation.

Do you think we can do it?? You want some pizza and think about it??? .....how bout some bugers , ...... or if we really wanna throw caution to the wind , how about some cheese....???

lol

anyway, best get!

Have to go meet Doug and he'll hand over HRH Gabrielle and I will get her ready to spend another lovely weekend with her Papa......

Moo Later!!

or if I am the Pig...... Oink Later !!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-18-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #10  
Closed

Susan put down the chocolate, I am watching you

Last edited by Tea Rose; 03-18-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening everyone!

I'm home....arrived here around 4:00. Long drive! Had so much fun. But I will tell you all more about it tomorrow since right now, I'm just too pooped! I need to catch up on all the post I missed!

I will be back tomorrow!!

G'Night!
Old 03-19-2005, 12:27 AM   #12  
Closed

Welcome home Marti, wow time flys , it seems like you just left, I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip, Its good to have you back safe and sound, so happy you had a wonderful Anniversary
Old 03-19-2005, 12:41 AM   #13  
Closed

MISS SUSAN
MISS ELLEN
Old 03-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #14  
kitty Momo

lol. You are so funny Ellen, thanks!!!

I agree. Seems like Marti just left and she is back already??? Time flies when you are eating chocolate. lol

anyway, tipsy on one lo cal , lo carb beer. I am such a sad case. I can't even get drunk properly - lol.

Going to lock up the complex and stagger back across the parking lot. Maybe I will get hit by a car?? They would all be parked ---> just my luck , huh?? lol

anywho. Father of the Year picked up Gaby tonight with 2 mowers in the back of his pick up. He is a Landscape Contractor.....*roll eyes* Just pay your taxes, & child support.....be responsible......be all you can be......be a tea pot for pete sakes! lol

Gaby is sooooooooo sweet. I picked her up in a playground parking lot. She of course says "play"......but she settled in and we drove through one of the prettiest sections of Portland. Vista Drive........beautiful homes......
We came home and made her dinner,packed her bag and watched Beethoven and danced.
Her father came at 6:53 pm and we met him at the front door to the building. he just took her bag and Gaby went with him. I said "Bye, Gaby.....I love you." She was half way down the stairs and she stopped and ran back and hugged me. She is so sweet.

Miss her but will try and catch up on some sleep and spend time with the other girls.

Chat later!
Old 03-19-2005, 12:47 AM   #15  
kitty Momo

lol

Good Night Miss Piggy! lol.....dang, I am a pretty cow.......thanks
Closed Thread