Old 03-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #1  

Default Moms Losing Weight #63

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise .

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons, I make sure I drink at least a gallon of water a day.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:06 AM   #2  

Good morning, all, and happy St. Patrick's Day!

My little bug must have been the 24 hour kind because it went away, thank goodness. My lovely husband went grocery shopping for me yesterday, and came home early from work to make dinner. I have it so good

Jenn- I live in Bethel Park so I'm not too far from you. Of course, it's not like I can find my way around this city at all yet
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:22 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Happy Saint Patricks Day!

I'll post later.... off to bring yet another sick child to the dr.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #4  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning Well my inlaws aren't coming, they are getting hammered with snow right now and the schools are closed. So we'll have to try yet again, in a few weeks. Bums me out for my husband and kids ya know? We haven't seen them since July and I won't drive 10 hours with 3 kids oh **** no! So they come up here. Well I need to run to the store and get some milk and some vicks inhaler for my son, he's getting a cold...if it's not one thing its another

Happy St Patricks Day everyone! Are yall making cornbeef and cabbage tonight? I am but am not going to make sandwhichs with mine, I like to have a whole wheat bagel for lunch everyday (with turkey) so no more bread for me today. I'll check in after awhile.. Have a good day all you lovely women!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #5  
Must..... drop.... #####

Wow, my inlaws won't drive three hours to see their only son and only grandkids - you're lucky!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone
beatnikluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:46 PM   #6  
soontobethin

Hi, all. We are recovering from being sick here again. Both boys have had fevers on and off, and throwing up too. Not fun. Sorry to be short and quick, but I have to go get ready for school. Happy. St. Patricks day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:38 PM   #7  
Shake Your Booty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnikluv
Wow, my inlaws won't drive three hours to see their only son and only grandkids - you're lucky!
LOL Hey ya never know I might the one here saying you're lucky! Most women (myself included) would rather have the inlaws not want to come over LOL! Mine means well but ya know my husband is her son, so she thinks SHE needs to do for him stil....NOPE not in my house ya don't....last year we got into it so I'm hoping she got the clue this time...

It is sad though that your IL's don't want to see their grandchildren, oh well its their loss, not everyone is fortunate to have grandchildren.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #8  
I will suceed!!!

Flyby from me. Thought I would say hi. Set a goal, cause I have been having trouble keeping up with the soda and water, so I am keeping track of it in my signature.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Chrissy, I know what you mean about mothers-in-law. I hope it's a good visit when they do come.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:22 PM   #9  

Hello all, boy are group is really getting slow. Anybody know why? Sorry, I haven't been around much. this headache thing is driving me nutty! I think it's starting to feel better, but I'll have to see tomorrow. I don't want to push it by being on the computer too much. I've seen the chiro 3 times in 2 days and have been icing my neck. He said there is a lot going on with my neck that is probably causing this pain. He also said that it could be a virus that is attacking my weak spot. The neck is definately a weak spot. He said viruses have a way of attacking the spinal area and neck and that it probably feels like it's pulling on my jaw and face and he's right! that's where all the pain is. It feels like it's pulling my face downward. Weird.

Anyway, Happy St. Patty's day to all of you. No cornbeef and Cabbage here. DH didn't feel like having it because it's not that healthy. I am making a chicken concotion (sp?) tonight. I diced chicken and put it in a pan, then I diced up small potatoes and onions and put it over the top. I Put over that some string beans and some turkey bacon for flavor and spinkled with seasoning. It looks so pretty! So colorful! Hope it tastes as good as it looks.

How is everyone doing on the challenge? I only did leg raises during a 15 minutes of no head pain...lol.... SO I only get 3 points. Maybe I'll be able to do some tomorrow. We'll see. bbl or tomorrow to check in.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Fly by...I'm alive but have to get dinner going. I'm pulling double duty until tuesday for my parents. They went to the National Bowling Tournament in Lousiana and I'm taking care of their house and cats and the warehouse plus this house. Okay...Gotta help with din din.

Talk to you later when I post my points on the MLW site.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #11  

HI. I am just checking in. Feeling pretty low, and wondering if the PPD hasn't set in. I thought I got away from it this time...but we are having so many issues at home right now, and I am just not motivated at all. My house is a disaster and I should be packing. We are supposed to move in less than 2 weeks, but still haven't heard about the new place yet. LOL Craziness.

I here ya on the inlaw thing. Mine live about 5.5 hours away and have seen Sam once(he was 6 months old, and we had to go to their place!!!!). They've never seen Violet, but this is the woman who told my dh when he was 18 that she wasn't doing christmas presents for him anymore...she's a weirdo. LOL And I am quite glad they don't visit, sad for my dh, glad for my kids.

Anyway, I am hoping tomorrow is a better day.
Debi
mamamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #12  
Shake Your Booty!

starting a new thread ~