Old 03-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #1  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Default NEW GROUP Curvy Vixens #1

Hello and welcome all!

This is a brand new group I decided to name CURVY VIXENS. Why? Because we aim to have our curves in the right places--and according the dictionary a Vixen is a female fox! Remember the 80's? A fox is a good thing!

Are you ready to kick start this healthy lifestyle in full gear! Who is ready to join me? Jump on in! Looking for those really wanting to be a part of an active support group to lean on and share ideas, experiences, you name it!

Please introduce yourself. Are you following a plan? What is working for you? What is your goal? Whatever you want to share, feel free!

A little about me: Live in Ohio. I am a working busy mom of two pre-teen girls (ages 10 and 11) and I go to school full time online. So needless to say, I am always busy. My plan: To eat healthy foods/snacks every day with one special meal on the weekend to eat what I want. I try to eat every 2-3 hours to keep myself from feeling too hungry--and so far so good. I am slowly trying to incorporate exercise--and so far have been swimming and doing water aerobics twice a week. That's me in a nutshell.

I look forward to getting to know you all as we progress in this journey in life and aim to be healthy and fit!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #2  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

Default Hi

Hi Karen,
I'm Vanessa...and i would love to join your group..lets see...i'm 39..engaged..have a 16 year old daughter and one chihuahua.. and i live in South Carolina..
Over the last three years i've gone from 220 to 138..where i'm at now..i'm only 5'2 so i really need to lose about 15-20 pounds..i know i workout enough..i run 4-7 miles 6 days a week and lift weights 2 times a week..my problem is sweets and bread..what i would like to do is try and cut out the sweets and most of the bread and pasta..like you i will take one day a week and have something i want..but the rest of the week i will be good..boy this will be hard...lol..wish me luck...

Hugs,
Vanessa
Vanessa_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:53 PM   #3  

Thanks for doing this Karen! I used to be on Weight Watchers and the CORE board is great! But since I'm doing my own thing, I've been looking for a place to fit.

About me: I'm 30, single, no kids, active professional and social life. I need to lose about 40lbs. of body fat and about 10-15% body fat %.

The plan:I have six meals a day, every 2-3 hours, a gallon of water and vitamins (I must take my vitamins and I always forget). MWSa - I have spinning, TThF - I walk for 30 minutes or 20 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill. And I'm trying to fit in weight training, may have to substitute TTh cardio for weights or do both, time is an issue. And one gloriously planned unclean, cheat meal a week!

This is the plan and in the last couple of weeks, either I have done the workouts and ate "normally" or ate clean and no workouts. Need to merge both to get results. Right now I'm maintaing my Weight Watchers loss.

I had not been working out during Weight Watchers and realized that for my body type and for the results that I wanted I had to go back to the gym. Working out had served me very well in the past, but doing cardio and strenth training while on CORE was extremely hard, I wasn't getting enough in and was unbelievably hungry all of the time.

So, I reverted back to nutrition advise from past trainers and from books and am pretty happy. This is a crazy time for me right now, b/c not only do I have a full-time job and family and friends to give attention to, I am also studying for the Bar Exam (in July). I am a stress eater, so this would be the perfect time for me to throw my body by the wayside and igonore the gym and what I put in my mouth, thus gaining even mor ethan I did in law school. As an incentive I am planning a trip in August to Miami to visit a friend and plan to "rest" on the beach and look great!

That's that!
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:54 PM   #4  

oh and I'm in Texas; hence the name.
txlawchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:56 PM   #5  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...Karen, you know me. For those that dont, I'm Deanne. I'm 21. I just started weight watchers today. Before that i was counting calories. I live in the Middle East but Im from Mississippi. I have been married for almost a year to Nic. No kids yet.
I'm ready to get this weight off of me. I would love to have it gone by our 1 year anniversery(June 4) but am looking at September. Lets set our goals to be on the maintaining forum!!

Love,
Deanne

Karen- I wrote a message on our usual thread.
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

Hi ladies,

Glad to see you've all joined in!

Vanessa--Wow! You are an inspiration already! You sound very active. How active were you when you started really trying to lose weight? What kind of eating plan have you followed to lose most of your weight?

txlawchic--So you were following WW core program? I was going to WW meetings and lost 30 pounds following the flex points. I like that plan--and still use what I learned from that--but I don't track all my points. I just know more or less what I can eat. And when I am not sure I refer to the points. Like you, I have a trip planned in the fall (September actually). Going to Vegas to celebrate graduating from school--and hopefully being several pounds down! Yeah! I know what you mean about being a stress eater--thats me too (especially at night). What do you do to help that stress eating? I have been trying to do things like chew gum and drink lots of water, or sometimes I grab a diet drink of some kind just to get the sense of fullness that water doesn't always give me.

Deanne--How is it going? Do you like WW so far? Does it seem to offer a lot of guidance in the online version?

My day has gone pretty good--although tonight I am feeling rather sleepy at the moment. I went to the Y (which wasn't planned) and walked on the treadmill and did the rowing machine. So little by little I am adding more to my routine. I hope you all had a great day. Keep on posting!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:13 AM   #7  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls! Today is my second day on WW. I havent eaten breakfast yet. I'll probably drink a slim fast and eat a piece of fruit. I added my slimfast into the ww plan. They're so easy to drink on the go.

I so need to be more active. Vanessa, how did you start out or have you always been very active? I want to sort of ease myself into it.

Ok chicks, Im going to eat some breakfast. Let me know how your days are going. Well, its late at night your times.

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-18-2005, 03:18 AM   #8  

Hi Am new here. Need some accountability!

its late night where I am and I have planned my exercise and eating plan out based on information I have gleaned from here and on the web. I did the body for life program last year and lost 10 kilos, 9% bodyfat and 35 inches. However, since then i have stacked a few kilos back on. I have a looooooot of weight to lose as you can see from my tracker.

SO.. my program is as follows (based loosely on BFL).. exercise 6 - 7 days per week, alternating lowers / uppers / lowers etc and aiming for 1 hour of cardio per day. I have been building up to this the last few weeks so I know this is achievable.

Eating is my big problem.. and am basing it loosely around protein, getting carbs from my veges instead of bread etc, lots of water - natural, unprocessed food, small portions. I have the weight watchers books so will use that as a guide - keep within points range etc.

I think the key for me is to get addicted to the kick of exercising again - that rush. Once I get that half the battle is over. I have been really encouraged by reading all the stories on here because sometimes it feels like Im all alone in this neverending struggle. Im so sick of this space I am in - gonna change and its starts straight away.

Anyway.. nice to meet everyone!
brownsuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 08:42 AM   #9  

Default Good Morning

Hi Ladies..hope you are all having a good morning..i'm feeling a lot better today than i was yesterday..heres the story..i'm a closet eater..i do great in front of people but sometimes when i'm alone i go crazy..the day before yesterday i ate a half a loaf of bread and 4 cereal bars before dinner..then had dinner too..so yesterday i was feeling so bad..but i worked out anyway..and followed my eating plan and today i'm back at 136...i have decided to write out my meals and post them on the fridge so i can see what i'm eating..
Lets see a couple of you asked how i started out..when i was at 220..i started out slow..i would walk about a mile a day..i also did ..ok don't laugh..Richard Simmons tapes..then i got a step bench..which i still do..then when i got down to 160 i started running..i have even placed first in my age group two times..running is now what keeps my weight down..and now since i started weight lifting i'm firming up..if i could just give up the bread..man i could really lose some weight..
Well i'm off to run..today is 4 miles..be good

Hugs,
Vanessa
Old 03-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #10  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls...its been an ok day for me. Did some weight training and stuck to my WW points.
How have y'all been??
Where is everyone??

Love,
Deanne
Old 03-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #11  

Default Hi

Hi Deanna,
How do you like WW..i did it about a year ago and really liked it..i liked the whole group thing..you have a good weekend...
Hugs,
Vanessa
Old 03-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #12  

Hello everybody my name is Jessica i'm 27 years old I have 2 children 1 girl 1 boy 6 and 4 i live in Miramar, Fl I started my diet 2 days ago hopefully I'll stick to it this time talk to you all later i'm at work take care everybody and good luck to all of us...
CurvyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #13  
One day at a time!

Happy Friday!

So far so good. My days typically go fine--I usually feel the most vulnerable at night for some reason. But I think I have been doing pretty good--for the most part. I know I am doing much better then before I started really committing to this. It's funny--because before I would mindlessly eat and drink junk (lots of soda, like Mountain Dew, and chips, cookies, etc). But I never kept track of the junk--I just overloaded and fed my feelings of stress. Ironic thing is that doing that always makes me feel so much worse. Does that make any sense? Now the funny thing is--for the most part I am good--but when I have moments, when I think about wanting something I shouldn't, I feel like one little bite could be the kiss of death--when I was doing a lot more than having a couple bites in the past. I guess because I know if I eat certain things I feel like I may not be able to control myself. But every day I feel a little more in control--because really I am! It's not as if someone force feeds you twinkies! That's a choice! Right?! So if you are craving a twinkie--make a plan for the twinkie (or whatever it is you heart desires). Can anyone relate?

Hey Deanne--I am here! You are just so far ahead of us, you probably wonder where we are when we are still waking up! What kind of weight training are you doing? Are you using dumbells? I need to incorporate some weight training. My water aerobics class does some resistance training that I think helps the muscles. But I probably need to do something more.

Vanessa--Was it hard to start running? You are a super woman! I am inspired reading about your progression. I hope to progress to a place you are at now! Hats off to you! Right now I walk about a mile on the treadmill. I hope to slowly increase my level and how far I am going. I think the hardest part for me is my mind gets bored. I have found that swimming doesn't do that as much--I feel peaceful when I swim. But I want to switch my routine and do the treadmill on my alternate days. I also have two dogs--so as the weather warms up I will be walking them. Actually they will be walking me, that's what usually happens! I know what you mean about bread--I love that stuff. But I have been trying to eat wheat and whole grain options that have more fiber. That white bread is pure sugar in the bloodstream--I am sure you know all that!

Hi brownsuga--So how did you like that body for life? I have looked at some of the books for that program and was really impressed. Everyone in the books looks extremely fit. Do you find the program easy to follow? Where are you located? I see you referred to kilos--so I wondered about that.

I hope everyone is having a great day! Keep posting!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #14  
One day at a time!

Hey Jessica!

You posted when I was posting I think! Glad to see you made it over from the buddy board!

What diet are you following? How is that going? Do you find it hard to diet having little ones? I remember it was tough when my kids were little--well its still tough. But little ones need constant attention and it can be overwhelming. Hang in there. Another thing to keep in you mind, is that if you eat healthy you will teach your children healthy habits. My kids know all about what they should and shouldn't eat--because I talk to them about my diet and specifically serving sizes for them. In the long run, I don't want them to go through what I am going through. Know what I mean? Hang in there! You can do it!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #15  

Karen,
I can so relate to the late night eating..i don't know what it is about night and TV..but it makes me want to eat...lol..
It wasn't hard for me to start running..what was hard for me was running outside..i'm a very shy person so i thought everyone was looking at me thinking..geez whats that fat girl doing out here..but after the first couple of times i saw nobody was paying me any mind..they were all doing there own thing..i get bored sometimes too..i have to have music when i run outside and either music or the TV when i'm inside..it seems to make the time go by faster..
Hope you all have a great weekend....

Vanessa