Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #1  

Default Tried Grapefruit diet & did not last a day

Hello ladies. Thanks fior the replies. Well, I tried the goofy grapefruit diet. I lasted until about 7pm. It was just way too restricted, and I was still hungry. Of course, my husband sabatoged it, also. He came home with candy bars!! He told me to start"tomorrow". Then he told me that I just need to worry about my health, and that it is the medicine making me gain. Well, I guess that I am just not ready, yet. However, I just do not like what I see in the mirror. I have never seen my face so big!! I guess that I will try a mini-makeover. A new hairstyle and put on some make-up. Perhaps, then I will feel better about myself. Then, I also, have to go out and buy some clothes to fit. yikes.. But, anyways ladies, thanks for support. I need to get out of this funk. There are people who have major problems, and I am thankful that I am able to just to take care of myself. e.g. my own hygeine. I had an aunt with MS, who could not even scratch her own face for years. She became paralyzed from the neck down. So, when I start the pity party, I remind myself that things could be so much more. Being on this computer is somewhat therapeutic for me. Eventually, I have to believe that I will be ready to do what I need to lose weight. Have a nice day, everyone!
rictmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:16 AM   #2  

Oh be careful. Have you asked your doctor if grapefruit interacts with your medicine? People have died because of it. I'm sorry it didn't last. Maybe if you just tried counting calories, it wouldn't be so hard. There are diet foods (like Sugarfree Jello) that don't even taste like diet foods. I mix strawberry and raspberry sugarfree jello and I swear to you, it tastes just like the stuff with sugar, my boyfriend will attest to that.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/185/145

Height: 5 3"

Wow- a grapefruite diet....a day is about how long I would last. Counting calories is time consuming and sometimes takes a lot of work if you really count EVERY single calorie. But, the first time I lost weight (yes, I'm sorry to say I've been here before) counting calories really did it for me- yes I think I'll go back to doing that. There are tons of great websites out there to help and everything- the Library probably has about 20 books with "calorie counters"
greenstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #4  

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I realize that grapefruit does interact with many medications. None of my medications interact with it, though. I wish that grapefruit really had some magical power of burning fat. I really like them. I think that I should try the food exchanges. That seemed to work the best for me in the past. Back in the early 90's WW used to the exchange method. I think the ADA is the best method. (for diabetics) Even though, I do not have diabetes--yet.(possible to develop type II, being on prednisone long-term, and unhealthy eating)
I finally got up enough of courage to weigh myself after 3 weeks. I gained 7 pounds. I now weigh 182. My long-term goal is 135. I weigh more than my husband.
rictmom is offline   Reply With Quote