Old 03-12-2005, 11:25 AM   #1  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default Mom's losing weight #59

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons.

chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:26 AM   #2  
Focus on the Process

My first time starting a new thread...Hope I did it right.

~chris
Old 03-12-2005, 11:30 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

Default Good morning....

There, thought you all could use a bit of coffee. Seems we have some sleepy heads out there.

I've been up since way to early this morning. I had my nieces spend the night and of course, they stay up late and wake up way too early. I've put them to work cleaning though....I bribed them with money.

Nicole is head to toe water color paints. My first order of business is to get her in the bathtub. She's looking a bit multi-colored. Not really a good look for her.

Well hope all of you are having a good day! I'm missing all you ladies.

~chris
Old 03-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning Ladies! Yes we slept late here today until 9:30! Then I had to feed the troops or else they would tell me I was starving them to death LOL I lost 4 more pounds this week I hope it continues! Since I lost 10 lbs I treated myself to a highlighting kit and I did my hair last night and straightened it, my husband loves it AND a few of my undies are falling off, of course he loves that too
I'm still varying my calories everyday and I'm working out 6 days a week, right now I do 3 days of 20 minutes, plus crunches the other 3 days I do 1 hour, both are Richard Simmons tapes. Well I need to run to the grocery store, straighten up around here, do some wash and exercise, hope to talk with yall later.
*Big Hugs*
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:36 AM   #5  
Shake Your Booty!

Oh Chris you did just fine starting your thread, and you rememberd to do it in color, I forgot to do that when I started it last week LOL! Great job!
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #6  

Chrissy- We always seem to be in the same place- same weight, hitting plateaus at the same time, even eating along the same lines.

I tried doing this Salsa DVD today. Wow, that was a big waste of money. In the beginning, she goes through basic steps, and I was feeling proud of myself for following along since I have no coordination. Then all of a sudden she starts calling out moves that she never explained before, and even as she is doing them, she doesn't explain them. Oh well, I guess I won't be getting my Latin groove on anytime soon.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #7  

Quick HELLO! to you ladies. Been runnin'. Hopefully, my eve out with dh will help my mood. I'm still in a slump. Don't want to get into it too much and bring everyone down. But I have to make myself feel better and more rejevenated. sp?? BBT
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #8  
I will suceed!!!

just a quick note. Went to see my mother yesterday, in Arlington. That was a nice trip. The kids had a blast. I just needed a break and a change of scenery. My h and I talked, and we have a good game plan worked out for the apartment and the kids and getting everything back in order. At least that part of our lives will be in order. Everything else is total chaos right now. LOL, oh well. BBL
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #9  

I'm a couple days away from TOM and eating enough for my entire family. I finally just went and took a nap to get myself away from the kitchen for a little bit. It's insane. Fortunately, I calculated my calories and didn't do as much damage as I thought (assuming I didn't miss something in my crazy binge-fest)- only about 200 extra calories, but even that small amount seems to totally halt any weight loss. Oh well, I'm back on the wagon for the rest of the night (hopefully).
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Chelle-I'm kind of fighting the cravings today...mainly for salty foods. Don't know why because TOM was over on MOnday. Humm..

ANyhow, I took all the kids to my mom's house today and she tried...God knows she tried...to teach me a little bit about knitting. I did her dishes for her and vacuumed. I think she was getting kind of tired of everyone being there but I didn't want to leave her alone with 3 kids to take my 3 home. She would have had the others until 4:30 by herself. Oh well....

ANyhow, Roxy, where are youl? I got that crochet cd in the mail today. Later tonight when the kids are in bed, I'm going to check it out.

Chrissy-Thanks for the "atta boy" about me starting the thread. I have never done it before. Heck, just this week I finally figured out how to put a picture as an attachment to a post.

Melissa-Hope your evening goes good for you. Looks like we are all in a funk lately. 2005 hasn't gone all that smooth yet. Have fun hon!

Tabitha-Glad you got out of town for a bit. I'm dying to go somewhere too but need a little extra money for gas and a sunnier day. How far do you live from your mom's anyhow?

Okay...gotta figure out something for dinner. Dh's former boss and future co-worker is coming over tonight. Get the eating out of the way fast.

~chris
Old 03-12-2005, 09:38 PM   #11  
I will suceed!!!

Chris, it is a good four hour drive. I live in San Angelo. Thankfully, it has been sunny and warm down here in my part of Texas, so the drive wasn't that bad. And it wasn't all a fun trip. My h had a job interview with airport security Friday. So his parents helped us with gas money. That's the only reason we got to go. LOL, almost didn't make it home. I thought we were going to be pushing the car the last thirty miles. We made it to the convenience store where my friend works, and she put gas in the car. (That was here in town.) Cause we are watching her kids over spring break, and instead of paying us, I asked her to just put the money into the tank. LOL, it never fails. Have an opportunity to put a little money in my pocket, and have to use it for something important like gas. Oh well. I got to go on a trip down memory lane. Looked at some old pictures of me and my brother. My son and I, if we were both 2 and sitting next to each other, you wouldn't be able to tell us apart. My daughter is the spitting image of my mother when she was young. It is amazing. Anyway, I have to go post my exercise for the past couple of days, then get these kids to bed. They are driving me batty tonight!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:45 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi ladies,

This is the weirdest post, in my opinion. I am using my ds's apple laptop to talk to you because a couple days ago my system crashed (totally!) and I have been offline and out of luck since then. I haven't read or been able to post to you all since then. Everyone is feeling better here but I can't post pics or anything till I get that relic of mine fixed. So please forgive me girls till then. Don't worry I'm still in the challenge. But I am like totally blind and deaf here! I will be MIA till I am back on-line. Umm... I know this is not the greatest for keeping track of the challenge but It can't be helped. I have to go now but will post again when I am able. BTW this looks really different in Macintosh view! Keep your fingers crossed evryone that I can get it repaired soon!! Love ya all!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #13  

Chris, sounds like you've been busy at moms with 6 kids. Thanks for your thoughts. I know we go through many of the same emotions just from reading your posts. We'll keep each other together around here.

Tabitha, LONG DRIVE, glad you had a good time. Glad you got things worked out too.

Michellej,too bad about that video. I guess it's something different though. hey sell it on ebay..if you don't like it.

Roxy, don't worry gally. Just keep track of everything and I'll post it when possible.glad everyone is well. Sorry about that darn computer.

Where is everyone else.?????????/

ON my end. Dh and I went out tonight. We started our date by going to church. That was nice. We went to dinner and I ate 1/2 the meal and a salad, so that was good. Then we went to the book store cafe and sat and talked for 2 hours. It was really nice. something we NEVER seem to be able to do is talk talk. My niece watched the kids and they were actually asleep when we got home. ahhhhhhhhhhh wish she could be here more often but she is a busy bee with her sports. She's an all-star pitcher for girls softball here. She was on the news and all last year. so cool. ok, I'm bragging about her. Anyway, dh is taking her home now and he'll be back soon. I'm gonna go and get myself ready for bed. Have a nice night all and we'll be back tomorrow. night
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #14  
I will suceed!!!

Okay, where is everybody? I hope everyone is doing well.

Mel, glad you and your hubby were able to have a night out. Sounds like you had a good time, and isn't it nice to come home and find the kids already asleep. Tell me, what's that like? LOL, oh well. I'm glad you had a good night out.

Roxy, sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your computer. I know that must suck. Glad to hear that everyone is finally feeling better! Hope the computer gets to feeling better soon...

Well, it's going to be a long day. I have a lot of cleaning to do, and all that. My friend sent me a video today. Called icescrapings. If I can figure out how to find the link were he got it, I'll post the link here. I think you guys would get a kick out of it. Take care, bbl.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:04 PM   #15  
I will suceed!!!

Okay, I just weighed in. Will take the picture in a bit, but I had to share this with you, cause it shocked me. I stood on the scale, and it read 230. That would mean a 13 lb loss in a week, which is just impossible, I think. Well, we readjusted the scale, weighed my h and the kids to make sure it was accurate. Then I got on it again. 239! So I have lost 4 pounds this week. Amazing! TOM is kicking my butt, it hit Friday. So, it's possible that I have lost more weight than that, cause I always do put on a couple of pounds or so during this time. Anyway, now I have to update my weighttracker and all that. I like how, when you edit your signature, it applies it to your posts. That is so cool!

Anyway, off to do housework, and convince my body that I do need to exercise, even though I don't really feel like it. Cramps are kicking my butt today! Take care.

Last edited by Redskirt1; 03-13-2005 at 12:14 PM.