Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #1  

Default Tummy Tucks

Ok I want one when I get to my goal bc after 2 C Sections I have the pooch and I want a flat tummy since I have NEVER had one in all my life and at 35 I deserve it LOL. SO has anyone had one and what do you have to say about it? THanks
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #2  

You and me both!! I have had 2 c-sections, and bladder surgery. After I lose all my weight I do not want to look like I am wearing an apron!! LOL!
apriltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

We were just discussing tummy tucks down in the Maintainers Forum... Must be summer comin' or somethin'.

I had my TT done in Dec 2003. Meg and Mel have both also had TTs (Meg has also had more skin removed).

Check these threads out:

Weight Loss & Skin FAQ

Big Step - Plastic Surgery (this is the thread that just started yesterday!)

Feel free to ask questions...Meg especially is a WEALTH of info on the topic.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #4  

Hi all,

I went over and read the posts in maintainers before adding my two-cents worth here.

I just wanted to add, over in this section, that I believe the results of tummy tuck and other plastics depend on what you are starting out with. Someone who has had a few babies and has lost 40 lb is starting with significantly different anatomy than someone who has lost 200 lb. I would hate for anyone with a larger loss to look at before/after pics of someone in the former category and think they will have the same result.

My own experience is that I had three c-sections and several other abdominal surgeries in the past, had WLS and lost over 150 lb. I had a hernia repair and muscle repair at the time of the tummy tuck. The difference between the before and after is amazing. I would do it again in a heartbeat. However, my tummy doesn't look remotely like what I would expect the result to be like for someone who hadn't had my background.

I saw the photographs at a postop meeting of a woman who had had a tummy tuck, and her before and after photos were horrendous. Someone pointed out to me (quietly, discreetly) that her result was what it was because of her condition going in. Both before AND after her weight loss, her tummy hung, quite literally, to her knees. After her tummy tuck, her result was not something I would have been happy with, but a far sight improved for her (although she did not see it that way).

I would like to have my tummy tuck revised/corrected, but that is unlikely any time soon.

I would also love to have something done with my lower body.

It gets discouraging to work out and really be unable to see progress because of excess skin. There is still some fat there, too, and that I can lose, but I am still never going to see the contours I'd like to see. However, I'll take this over being super morbidly obese any day of the week!

Dawna
Dawnajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:35 AM   #5  

Good for you Dawna. I know if I have it done it would probably be a not so full tuck Im working my muscles to gain there strength back before I ever do it. Which would be in about a year or lil less. I have to see my Dr bc we are military and one of the base hospitals I hear are doing it for Active duty dependants for like 1000.00 but Im sure the list is long so that would put me at a year. The idea of a flat belly and decrease in stretch marks OMG is reason enough. Thanks for the input though.
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote