Old 03-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #1  
Shake Your Booty!

Default Moms Losing Weight Wednesday #66

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here's a bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla, Nicole: ages 11, 5, & 2. Married 5 years. Live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer & trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to wonderful man & looking to lose 100 pounds. Losing weight by sticking w/ low-cal, lowfat diet & exercise

Chrissy: Married & a SAHM to 3, Cara , Anthony & Victoria (Tori Jo) . Counting Calories and faithfully working out with Richard Simmons.

Last edited by ChrissyL; 03-09-2005 at 10:08 AM.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:50 AM   #2  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning all....I posted todays thread (obviously) I hope that is OK with yall and I added my name on the list up there, hope that is OK too

I lost the 2 lbs finally! YAY FOR ME! I'm so excited yall just don't know...I think the advice to eat a little more was the key here, thank you so much! I am zig zagging my calories between 1200 & 1500 so I'm really thrilled, I hope it continues!

Melissa~I hope your Dad is OK I am thinking of you both!

Tabitha~You are in my thoughts, please get with us as soon as you can, I know everyone will be worried till we hear from you.

Jen~Hope your doing well!

Penny~Where ya at? Hope things are good on your end

Michelle~Glad Taylor is back to her old self!

Hubby on the phone I'll check back soon.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick fly by before I have to take the girls to school....

Tabitha and Melissa, you 2 are still in my prayers. If you need anything...just ask.

Penny-I didn't realize you post with Eleni? If it's the same one, I talk to her sister Joanne on the Friends with RA thread.

Well Dh woke up totally unrefreshed... He just is wiped out. I'm so glad his appt is next week. He needs to get this figured out and...
Michelle-I'll have him ask his doctor about the Armour thyroid medicine.

Gotta get the little luv bugs to school. Then I think its on to my sister's house for a bit. I have to reclaim some baby clothes. The mother of one of Tiana's friends gave me boy clothes for Jennifer's little one...and then she found out she's pregnant again with another boy (due in May). So I'm rounding up her clothes again and giving her my bassinet.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

BTW-

Chrissy-Congrats on getting those stubborn pounds off!. Sometimes it does help to eat a bit more. I found that out the hard way too....

Have a great day! I'm sure you're smiling this morning....

~chris
Old 03-09-2005, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Chrissy Congrats on getting those pounds off. Excellent work my dear!! TOM has been brutal to me this go round, I gained mass weight over night and now I'm shedding it as TOM is heading out the door. Thank GOD!!! Geez I almost want to go on Depo again but that would be stupid since Zhaun is snipped but I loved not having a TOM.

Tabitha I'm praying for you today. Hope all is well!

Chris, gosh I hope they get Dh's meds and thyroid figured out soon! I'm assuming they did the uptake scan right? Did that show anything? I'm anxious to find out about him, please keep us updated.

Kris, Jill, kendrea, Geri, where the heck are ya? Hope all is well!!
Okay I'm off to take care of my whining girls!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #6  

okay, I typed a whole message and the computer ate it. I'll give up on that plan and just say I hope everyone is doing better today.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 10:53 AM   #7  
I will suceed!!!

Okay, now that I have all the information that I needed, I can tell you guys what is going on with me. First, please do not think badly of me. This just spiraled out of control and I don't know what to do.

I had some tickets that I was supposed to be making monthly payments on to Municipal Court. For several months now, I have had to choose between paying my rent or paying them. I have been looking for a job, and haven't been able to find a reliable one. Well, now I have warrants out for my arrest, and I need to come up with 854 dollars. There is a temp service in town that I can work for, but I would get off work after my h had to go to work. So, until now, that was out. My in-laws have said that they would watch the children for me, now, so that I can work. My delimma, do I turn myself in with absolutely no money, and go to jail. Which is what would happen. At which point, there would be no one to watch the kids while h is at work and he would lose his job. Or do I just sort of bide my time, and go to work, save every penny and go in when I have it or almost all of it? This has me in knots. And I don't know what to do. Short of a miracle, meaning the money just appear on my doorstep, I don't how this is going to get solved. The monkey wrench that has been thrown into it, a police officer pulled me over last night, and when he found out I had the warrants (which I didn't know about) he told me to make a u-turn and go straight home, that he wasn't going to arrest me in front of my children. But if I still had those warrants today, he would come to my home and arrest me. So, now, I am trying to think if he would even listen to what I had to say if I explained the situation and asked/begged him for time. I just don't know what to do. And right now, I am worried sick about it. Thank you for your prayers. I feel like scum, but I am not a bad person or a criminal for crying out loud, I just couldn't pay the tickets, and have had such a hard time finding a job that I don't know what to do anymore. Take care. BBL.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #8  
Shake Your Booty!

Chris~I sure hope your hubby is feeling better very soon. Its so hard when someone isn't feeling well and we don't know what to do for them.

Michelle~TOM will be here for me next week sometime, boy do I hate it! I begged my Dr to take it all out when I had Tori (I was 36 when I delivered her) and I was having my tubes tied so I said cant you just take it all, they wouldn't *sigh* I hate that so much! Glad the pounds are coming off for you now, man its frustrating isn't it?

Chelle~Hope your day goes well today

Tabitha~You are so lucky that cop let you go, at least he isn't a jerk like most can be. What I would do is call your majistrate or constible and explain the situation to them and also tell them you have noone to borrow it from is there anyway you can make a new payment agreement since you weren't in work. Hopefully you calling them will show them you want to pay but just weren't able to. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-I'm not quite sure what an uptake scan is. I'll find out if he's had one. It's just sick...we have more health problems than a couple of old folks.

Tabitha-Around here alot of people do community service to work off their fines. I'm not sure if you could do anything like that but it wouldn't hurt to check. No one thinks your a bad person. We've all been in the boat where money is tight and make the decision to take care of the family first. I don't have any unpaid tickets but I have had a love/hate relationship with some creditors..esp. after my divorce. DH wasn't paying on his house or vehicle. Since my name was and still is on the loans...I get/got called. He doesn't think they call me but I know when he gets behind on his house payments... The real kicker is that I can't get my name off any of it until he refinances his loans which he can't do because he filed bankruptcy...

Chrissy-DH goes to the doctor next week. Hopefully they'll adjust his meds or decide on surgery. He went in last May to the ER with chest pains and was scared to death. His EKG and stuff came back normal but his thyroid function was very wrong. His thyroid isn't really functioning at all. So he's been taking thyroid meds. They also found two masses on his thyroid and biopsied those. The three doctors that reviewed the results can't agree whether he has cancer or not, so we wait. He also has acid reflux disease. They did surgery on him 3 yrs ago to widen his esophagus because he has so much scaring in it and he's been on meds for that. Then his triglycerides were super high...1385. They are supposed to be below 150? He is now at 365 with a little help from some cholesterol medicine. Don't know what to do...

Well I got alot done so far. 30 min. of exercise, then some vacuuming. I got the kitchen mopped and cleaned up. I'm going to call my sister in a bit and see if I can bring my mom over to see her little Conner man. My mom is still sore but getting better. Thank God for that!

~chris
Old 03-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #10  
soontobethin

Morning all. I have everyone in my prayers this morning. I hope things get better for you. I am getting ready to go work out. Got a new video, and I really like it. I am so tired today. Not sure why. Everyone on the BLC challenge is doing great. Keep it up. I hope you all have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #11  

Hey girls I'm back! I had quite a workout today I did all my bcd challenges today wooooo I'm tired... My legs are twitching like crazy!!

Chris, here is a good explanation of an uptake scan I couldn't explain it very well myself lol
Thyroid Uptake and Scan

The thyroid uptake and scan are often done in conjunction. If both are ordered, you will arrive on the first day for the radioactive iodine pill ingestion, and have the uptake study performed on the following day as described below. Following the uptake study, you will undergo the hyroid scan as described.

Thyroid Uptake

Your physician has requested that you have a thyroid uptake. This is a simple, non-invasive way to evaluate the function of your thyroid gland. The test requires the ingestion of a very small amount of a radioactive form of iodine. The radioactivity associated with this test is neglible. The only requirement for this study is the possible discontinuation of thyroid supplement 6 weeks prior to the examination. If there are any questions regarding discontinuation of thyroid medication, contact your physician.

To outline our requirements, you will:

1. Nothing to eat 2 hours prior to the appointment time.

2. Check in with our receptionist.

3. A waiting period of about 15 minutes should be anticipated while the radioactive iodine pill is prepared.

4. You will be given the radioactive pill to swallow. You will experience no ill effects.

5. You will be released from the clinic and told to return the following day.

6. You will return the following day.

7. The technologist will place a gamma probe on your thyroid gland and measure the radioactivity for several minutes.

8. The results will be verified by the nuclear medicine physician, and you will then be released from the clinic.

Thyroid Scan

Your physician has requested that you have a thyroid scan. This is a simple, non-invasive way to evaluate the size, shape, and location of your thyroid gland. The test requires the injection in an arm vein of a very small amount of the radioactive element called technetium. The radioactivity associated with this test is neglible. The only requirement for this study is the possible discontinuation of thyroid supplement 6 weeks prior to the examination. If there are any questions regarding discontinuation of thyroid medication, contact your physician.

To outline our requirements, you will:

1. Check in with our receptionist.

2. A minimal waiting period of about 30 minutes should be anticipated while the injection is prepared.

3. You will be administered with the technetium into an arm vein. You will experience no ill effects.

4. You will need to wait approximately 30 to 60 minutes while the injected technetium is localized in the thyroid gland.

5. The technologist will instruct you drink a cup of water.

6. The technologist will position you for 4 pictures. The entire study takes about 45 to 60 minutes.

7. You will be seen by a nuclear medicine physician for an examination of your thyroid gland.

8. Additional pictures may be taken of some patients at the discretion of the nuclear medicine physician. The entire study normally takes about 45 to 60 minutes.

9. Development of the film and review by the nuclear medicine physician takes approximately 15 minutes.

This is the test I had done on my thyroid shortly after having Teagan it showed that the goiter I had was a HOT Nodule, which is the good kind so to speak...but it was producing massive amounts of hormone and had to be removed so I wouldn't have a heart attack lol.

Ricci, Hope you have a good day, thanks for checking in!

Tab, I would do just as Chrissy suggested. Show them willingness to make good on your tickets and I'm sure they'll work something out for you

Chrissy, hope you are having a good day!!

Mel, where the heck are you!! Penny? Jeniqua? Foxy Roxy? Kendrea? Deana? Okay you guys better check in or I'm gonna come to your houses and Ya'll know I won't be happy about that lol!!!

Okay I gotta go cuz a devil got into Taylor and she is telling me (in a demonic voice) that she wants some cereal LOL oh it's so nice things are back to normal!

BBL!!
Michelle
Old 03-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-I don't think he had an uptake done but I know they injected him with something when they did his ultrasound. That's when they found out he had 2 lumps not just the one. And they did the biopsy then too.

Okay...I have a devil child in my house too. Shame on me for turning my back on her to vacuum. She took all my hard-boiled eggs I made today and smushed them up and shoved up down the sink. That girl is too busy for her own good...and making me crazy.

Had to say...HI RICCI!

Okay...gotta get my little charmer dressed to get Kayla from school...then I'll be visiting my sister for a bit.

~chris
Old 03-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #13  

Oh chris!! I can't believe your lil devil child!! I would be so upset about the eggs! Yesterday my dogs pissed me off so bad!! I made a black forest ham for supper and hubby ran to the store and I was in the bedroom studying all of a sudden I hear dishes clinking so I go check it out and the dogs had my ham on the floor, eating and licking it uggghhhh!! Those hams are not cheap either!! Good thing we had eaten dinner already! But I was still ticked off beyond belief!
Old 03-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi ladies!
Sorry I'm MIA lately, Martin had a relapse and is sick AGAIN! I don't know why, but I think I'll have to take him in and have his ears looked at, maybe the congestion caused an ear infection. He wants to be held constantly! No time for ANYTHING else! Anyway I just wanted to check in to let you all know I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I'll just have to post all my blc stuff at the end of the week if that's okay. This is ridiculous! I feel so sorry for Marty, I know he is miserable! I even had to take him to the eye doctor, for our yearly checkup, with a fever. He whined the whole time. Yes, I need glasses too! I can't see close up stuff very well anymore. 40 Ugh! The warranty wore off and I'm falling apart. Anyway, I read the threads and I am praying for ALL of you girls! Wow! This has been a terrible March so far!! I hope it's true in like a lion and out like a lamb! Love Ya! I hope I can visit and get personal tomorrow! Take Care Chickies!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #15  

Sorry, I'm MIA today. FLY by for me. I visited dad and while I was there the doctor released him. THey said that the fact he needed blood gave him chest pain. SO they gave him the transfusion and everything came back up. He was sent home while I was there. Thank goodness. Thanks for the prayers. He really has to be careful, he has a lot wrong with him for such a young man. Oh well, i have catching up around here to do now. bbl if I can.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote