Old 03-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #16  

Good morning,

Yesterday, we went to a Chinese restaurant for supper and I ate too much. I was pretty upset with myself. When I weighed this morning, I had gained 1/2 of a lb, so I guess the world didn't end with too much food for one meal.

Lynn, has it stopped snowing up there yet? I just saw our weather, for the next week the day time temps will be in the 40-50 range. That's a sure sign of spring for us, when you see a whole week of temps like that, not just a day here or there.
The birds sure are singing their little hearts out in the morning now. Is a white duck, like that duck that is on the Aflac commercial? Good luck with your weigh in today.

Ali, that shopping wears me out, but I like it. I use to like to go with the girls all the time. DH won't go, unless it's something he needs and then, it's always a hurried, tense trip. He is no fun to shop with. I'd rather stay home and clean the toilet.

Anne, hope your week isn't as bad as last week. You must feel like your days run into each other.

DD #2 and I will be going to apply at a greenhouse. They want production workers (people to take care of the plants) and also people that just load orders and deliver them. I think, it would be a great job for me, I love plants. Plus, no dealing with people. I am really tired of having to try to make impossible people happy. I have no idea if they would even consider us, I think they want people with degrees in horticulture, but it will still be fun to see a really big greenhouse. To drive the trucks, you have to have a CDL, so that would be out.
Anyway, have a full day planned and still haven't exercised yet. Better get my big behind in gear and catch you all later, Nikki
Old 03-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #17  

Hello everyone,

DH has today off so we got an early start and went to Walmart before the crowds arrive, then to breakfast.

It's going to be cool dismal day today with on and off showers throughout the day. It was 54 deg. when we left this morning and it's only supposed to get to the mid 60's today. Anne, Lynn, I know, you're feeling so sorry for me, aren't you.

Lynn, you're right, those pants were always called pedal pushers when we were growing up, then I remember in the early 60's they had clam diggers. In SS website I have seen posts from people doing a low fat version of SSizing. If you go into her website and do a search you may find those posts. I'm reading Sugar Busters, it's something like SSizing, only you can have a starch with your protein if you wish, you can eat nuts and olives. I am thinking of giving this a try. I can still use SS recipes. Good luck with your weigh in today.

Nikki, good luck with your interview at the garden center. It does sound like something you would enjoy. Would it be seasonal work? DH doesn't mind going shopping with me, but he makes me want to hurry up because he's usually standing in an aisle with his arms across his chest looking bored. He doesn't say anything, but it's me making me feel that way. I prefer to go with a friend or better, by myself. One friend I go shopping with drives me nuts because I'm looking for something and she calls me over numerous times to show me whatever it is she's found and then I lose all train of thought. Needless to say I don't shop with her very often. I love going shopping with my cousin because she goes her way, I go my way, and we meet at a certain place in the store. Let us know how things go with your interview.

Anne, hope everything is going well for you so far this week.

Take care and enjoy your day.
Ali

Last edited by aleka; 03-03-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #18  

Good Morning All: Th !e snow has finally stopped!!!!! DH has decided we should go shopping and Nikki I am with you I would rather clean the toilet. My game plan is when he gets really annoying I loose him, than I stop were ever and when ever I want. When I find him I ask sweetly "what happened to you"? This usually gives me 30-40 minutes uninterupted "me" shopping.Do I feel mean or guilty? maybe briefly but I get over real quick Yeh Nikki that job does sound like you. Well DH is pacing behind me to get going so the sooner we get there the sooner I loose him Later
Old 03-03-2005, 09:32 AM   #19  

Hello Ladies:
Lynn, at least it is going to be a bright day. I think we are about to start
a warming trend next week Good luck with your weight in

Nikki, good luck on your interview I find now that I am older it is
harder to get the weight down. I am sure its pre-menopause hormonal
what ever at one time I could drop it real quick. Chinese food, that
sounds good to me

Aleka, man oh man do I know what you mean about shopping. It is great
your cousin and you have such an arrangement. I have a problem with a
co-worker I am friends with. She really puts a damper on shopping. Her and
I are great at talking about work but I feel I can't look at things I like when
her and I are together which is every lunch hour. She takes care of my
son David on Saturdays so I can't hurt her feelings if you know what I mean.

Talk to you later!
Anne.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon,
I just put in an application today. While I was sitting there, filling it out, there was a young man sitting next to me. He had his resume and his college transcripts in his hand. They called him back and I heard part of his interview, made me wonder if I was just plain nieve. All I could write on my application about why I was a good candidate for the job is, I've loved gardening since I was a child and I have several large gardens every year. I kind of doubt I'll get an interview. The secretary asked me if I could stand on my feet all day and if I could lift 30 lbs. I said yes, although, I don't really know about the standing part. I sure know I can lift 30 lbs. I've been working out with my weights for awhile now, 30 lbs is nothing.
Ali, I don't know if it's seasonal. They grow indoor plants as well as outdoor. It might be that new employees would not work year round. I wouldn't care, it would be nice to have time off and work on occasion too.
Your weather sounds so nice to me. It is about what it's like here now. I'm so glad not to feel like my ears are freezing off.

Lynn, you make me laugh so much. I love your sense of humor. I can lose the old man in the store, but he can find me pretty quick. He will go look at magazines or tools sometimes, but mostly, he stands around, looking bored and wanting to go. Kind of reminds me of a little kid.

Anne, you always seem to get our weather several days after we do. We are getting a big southern breeze now, it's on it's way to you guys!

Guess I'll go do some stuff, later, Nikki
Old 03-04-2005, 07:31 AM   #21  

Hi everybody!

All the news this morning about Martha Stewart getting out of prison.

Anne, shopping with your friend sounds a lot like shopping with the friend I was talking about and I know what you mean about not wanting to hurt their feelings by saying something. Has the warmer weather gotten to you yet?

Lynn, how was the shopping yesterday? Were you able to lose your DH for your30-40 min. of free time? I got a really good laugh out of that!

Nikki, they might surprise you and call you back for an interview. You love gardening and that should count for something. It's only going to be in the 60's today too. I didn't move to FL to have this type of weather!!!

Bye for now,
Ali

Old 03-04-2005, 09:32 AM   #22  

ITS FRIDAY
Can you tell I will be delighted to get out of this sweat box for a couple
of days (They need to have a smile with somebody breaking a
champagne bottle over their own head)

Nikki, I hope you get a call for an interview. Loving what you are doing is
everything. Beleive me, I know because what I'm doing sucks

Ali, I saw clips of Martha getting on the plane and waving as I got up this
morning. All the news will now be Michael Jackson.

Lynn, we go above zero on Saturday Won't be long.

Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #23  

Good Afternoon Ladies: No I didn't loose him!!!!!! I had him right there whinning, first in the drug store were I looked at dye. "you dye your hair too much" so I didn't buy the dye. He asked why and I said because I decided to get it done. That will cost $100.00 or so besides I'm worth it . Nikki head up that kid will probably be turned down as over qualified. They will be afraid they will loose him as soon as a better offer comes up. You all know I love Martha so CNN has been on all morning. Boy did she show the old boys club up. A class act!!!! DB is on a ski week the next town over so is coming to visit on his way home. DD and Cooper the wonder dog are coming for a visit tomorrow. When I told her about the great store we were in last week and she just had to come. Now that store is huge we will loose him for sure. It will be a great Saturday Anne, get out and enjoy it. You all have a great weekend. Talk to you all tomorrow
Old 03-05-2005, 07:52 AM   #24  

A Good Saturday Morning to You!

Yesterday turned out to be a very nice day, and this morning it looks as though today will be a great day too.

DH is off today and we'll be going grocery shopping. Lynn, I'll be thinking of you.

Lynn, that's funny about the hair dye. That'll teach him!! I think that Martha Stewart is a classy lady. I've always liked her and watched her shows quite often.

Anne, it's the weekend, you can relax and enjoy 2 days off. Are you supposed to start having warmer temps? If so, enjoy the weather.

Nikki, how are you doing? I keep forgetting to tell you. I was walking across a parking lot recently and heard all this racket in a tree. I looked up and there were these 3 green birds that looked like Parakeets fighting and making all kinds of noise. At first I thought someones Parakeets had gotten loose. But, there is a bird down here called the Monk Parakeet. I believe that's what I saw. They certainly are noisy little

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Later,
Ali
Old 03-05-2005, 08:31 AM   #25  

Good Morning Ladies: It is a beautiful sunny day here, one of those glad to be alive days. DD is here with Cooper and she is still in bed, though how she could sleep though the racket these 2 dogs are making is beyond me. I'm sitting here with my tim's coffee recouping from cooper walking me. Thank God no one saw me because it would have been the laugh of their day. Picture it, me with him running and pulling me behind a 25 foot lead. As we hit the driveway I let go as he was winning the battle. We are off shopping as soon as we get DD moving and I think the first stop should be for one of those "gentle leads" for cooper. This afternoon we are going to visit our friends as DD wants to see their new house. Well the weigh in really ticked me off I only lost one pound. I was careful but I did have pasta when DS was here and to be honest maybe a few to many rum and diet cokes !!!!!!!! Oh well back to the drawing board. Well I guess that's all for now. You all have a great day

Old 03-05-2005, 11:46 AM   #26  

Good morning everyone,
I got a call from the green house to come in Monday for an interview and he said, he would show me what the job would be and see if I would be interesting in it. That makes me wonder how bad is it? I know it's going to be hot work, especially in the summer, but I'm not sure if it's the same job they advertised or if it's more involved that I'm thinking.

I'm glad Martha is out of prison. I think she must have ticked off the wrong person, as what she did or was convicted of, is probably done all the time. Just not prosecuted unless you've got someone's shorts in a twist. I always enjoyed her show and learned a lot from her. I think if I had to deal with her personally, our personalities would clash. But as someone that knows how to do things right, she is the best and she always had such wonderful ideas on how to make things better.

Ali, I did a quick search on Monk Parakeets. They are originally from South America and were accidentally let loose in New York as well as a few other places and probably let loose on purpose by people that got sick of the noise they make. They have colonies of them in Conn., New York, Chicago as well as the south. That's funny, I've never heard of them before. They build really huge nests, the young add on to their mom and dad's nest and then their young add on and so on. This is how they manage to live in such cold climates. They are known for all the noise that they make. If I ever see any, now I'll know what they are.

Lynn, that gentle leader sounds like what Cooper needs. That must have been quite a walk. We are having some nice weather today too and tomorrow, it is suppose to get to 67. Can you believe it? I'm going to do a lot of work outside, if it's not too muddy.

Anne, hope your weekend is a good one and that this nice weather makes it's way up there before too long. The trees are getting buds on them here now. The tulips are really starting to leaf out and the birds are singing loudly every morning. Spring is pretty much here. I'm holding back believing it though, I've seen snow storms in April, and they sure do put things in perspective.

Guess I'll go exercise. I've actually gained a pound this week. Lynn, I think, it's the booze. I drank some beer and some whiskey this week and it just packs on the pounds. I don't know if I can completely give it up, but I know if I don't drink it, I can lose like crazy. If I drink one or two days, it blows the entire week. I was reading an article about how important it is to drink water though and how it will increase your weight loss. Well, I'm drinking more water and I"m peeing all the time, so that has to help some. Something about you can metabolize fat easier if your liver isn't trying to help your kidneys process things when your not drinking enough water. I probably have that screwed up. But we all know, drinking at least as much as your suppose to is important.
Later, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 03-05-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:58 AM   #27  

It's Sunday, I'll start a new thread.

Ali