Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#29)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:41 AM   #2  
Losing it!

Dee wanted me to post this to the group:

Gayle,

Would you post this for me? Can you believe i forgot my password?

Lots of sad news on the board, prayers are with you.

I wish we could all be here together sharing a drink. Wouldn`t we have a blast!!

No news is good news, not much to report on this trip so far.

We are enjoying the sun even thought it has been mostly coudy the last seven days. It has still been hot. Its a good break from the intense sun.

We have dined at some awsome restaurants, enjoying the seafood and romantic ambiance.

Our time with Aunty Sally and Uncle Albert went fast but was very nice to have family to share our memories with. Vivian was also here with us until Friday night, we miss them all so much.

Because of my back, we werent able to do the activities we planned. If we can go there by foot we can do it, car-bus-boat are out of the question right now because of my back. Getting lots of physio because of the walking. My leg has improved alot since I have been here. My back is sore.

The most exciting news we have to share is while watching the sunset tonight from our rooftop balcony, there was an earthquake that scared the crap out of us. That`s our first one ever and hopefully our last.

We have been meeting lots of nice people here and taking it easy.

Adios, we miss you,

Darlene & Larry

I'll be back later to post!!!! Shelley, yes, I ended up getting my hair cut~~~ I really like it! I also color my own hair about every 1.5 months. Around here, a simple 1 step haircolor like you can do at home runs $50.00-$60.00!!!! I wore the black slacks, a voilet short sleeve shirt and the multi purple striped blouse/jacket over the top.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 PM   #3  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face

Hi everyone!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:30 PM   #4  

Hi Mary!! I've wondered what happened to you!! So glad you dropped by to say hi...now post with us again!! Wow...I noticed you've lost 107 lbs!!! WTG!!

Gayle...Post a picture of your new hair cut!

Dee....Thanks for sending Gayle an email.I was getting worried about you! When you coming home? Miss you!! Glad to hear you're having fun!

Ramona....Can you get on now? If you still can't I'll see if I can get your password for you. Miss you.

How is everyone else?

I've got to lay back down. I'm STILL sick. I worked today though but barely made it. But I do feel better tonight.

HUGS!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #5  

Sherry, hope you are feeling much better very soon. Take care of yourself!

Gayle, I wanna see that new haircut too!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:02 AM   #6  

Gayle-Post a picture!! Thanks for keeping us informed on Dee. I'm glad she's having a restful time.

Mary-Keep on posting! I'm glad you came back. Remember, I'm the one that sent you that creepy email!!

Sherry-Please feel better! I have been feeling bad also. Yesterday I woke up very dizzy. Took a meclizine and went on to work. I was kind of dopey all day long, but today I am not dizzy at all. I think I'm just imagining all this stuff wrong with me. I never get sick!! Once I get past Friday's 2nd mammogram, I'll feel much better I'm sure!!

Got up late today--4:45!! GTG!! See you later!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:54 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Shelley, you take care... how come they are doing a seconfd mamogram??

Ramona, nice to see you back here!

Sherry, are you feeling better??

I know Sher and Deb watch the show, I just found out the season premiere of NASHVILLE STAR is tonight. 9:00 CST and it looks like a repeat at 11:00 CST.
Soooooo, I guess I can still get in my dose of AMERICAN IDOL!!!! (at 7:00 CST) :-)
Also tonight is the season premiere of the AMAZING RACE at 8:00 CST, I'm not that fond of it, but Allison loves the show. Gosh, guess I'm a walking, talking tv guide today!
Old 03-01-2005, 05:38 PM   #8  

Gayle-I guess I didn't tell ya'll. They saw something on my right breast, and just want to make sure it's okay. Wouldn't you know it's the one that is the smallest? I am 2 different sizes (**** finding bras!!) Anyway, I'm sure it's okay, I am getting nervous about it though.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #9  

Hey, I'm down another 1/2 pound today! I'm psyched!!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:17 AM   #10  

I'm feeling a lot better now!

My weigh-in last night was down 1.6 for a total of 8 lbs!!

Shelley...WTG!!! You're doing great!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #11  
Janice

Sherry and Shelley - Congratulations on the Weight Loss - you are doing great.
Shelley don't worry too much about the mammogram - they have come a long way with tests. I had a lump removed a couple of years ago that the mammogram detected, it was right against my rib cage. Its better to be safe.
Hello to Everyone one else.
Janice
Old 03-02-2005, 09:43 AM   #12  

Shelley, I'm 2 different sizes, too. In fact, I think most women are, some are just more noticable than others. I had a friend in college who was a B and a D. Talk about problems finding bras. She went to a plastic surgeon to see about getting them evened out to a C. He told her that all he would do was enlarge the B to a D--it was too much trouble to do a reduction.
I'm sure that you'll be OK as far as your mammogram is concerned. I'll be thinking of you.

Hello to all my other Floozie friends! Sorry I can't post more--this office where I'm working is so much busier than my normal office! I love the extra work, it makes the day go faster, but I miss playing on the computer!

Cheryl

Last edited by 4myloves; 03-02-2005 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #13  

Hello floozies!

I just finished watching American Idol and thought I would quickly post. Gayle, what did you think of Nashville Star last night? I felt so bad for the poor girl who had to leave the stage to puke! Do you think she will get lots of sympathy votes???

Shelley, I'm sure everything will be fine. Just keep a good thought and let us know when you hear the good news.

Sherry and Shelley, way to go on the weigh-ins. You are a great encouragement to me.

I had a tremendous reality check this week...I busted the seams out of not one, but two different pair of pants. One was my favorite jeans and the other was a pair of my work pants. I bent over to pick up a warrant that I dropped on the floor today and "thar she blew!!!!" I'm ashamed to say that I've let my health problems and other things in my life act as excuses for me to let myself go. I can't even bring myself to post what I weigh (after I finally got up the courage to step on the scale this morning), but let's just say it's not pretty. My face is so broken out I look like I'm 15. Some of this is from the food I've been eating and some because I'm fairly certain that my hormones are changing...rapidly! This is one reason I haven't been posting. I just didn't feel worthy. Of course, what I should have been doing is posting every day so that I could gain strength from you all. So, that's what I'm asking for tonight. I have to turn around now before I am so far gone that I can't find my way back. I know you have all been where I am now and you all seem to stay so focused on your goal. I'm going to rely on you to help me keep that focus. Thank you all for being a steadfast vessel in the storm of my life. I love you all.........
Old 03-03-2005, 05:56 AM   #14  

Ramona-Have you tried WW? I just love it! It has helped me get to my goal, and below. You know that once you put your mind to it, you CAN do it!! Now is the time to get back OP. You have done the right thing by posting to us. I know that you have been in pain, and are busy and think constantly about your boys, but you MUST make time for yourself. Take it one minute at a time if you have to. When you go to the store, park at a spot that is far away. I always try to find a space that is farther away, unlike my daughter who has to be at the nearest spot at all times. That little bit of walking will help tremendously. You may want to try to make time to take some sort of walk. You will be amazed at the stress relief that it gives you. I know for me, that running with my music in my ears is the best thing that I can do for myself. Keep posting, and we will give you the motivation you need! I love you!

Thanks ladies for trying to make me think positive about tomorrow. I asked Mike, what if I have cancer? He said "you don't have cancer. You have none of the symptoms, such as loss of appetite and lethargy." I can definitely say I don't have loss of appetite!!LOL!! Never have, and probably never will!!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #15  

Ramona--post, post post!!! That's what we're here for!!

Shelley, I'll be thinking of you this morning.

I think the people who were voted off on American Idol were good choices to be gone. For the guys, I like Bo and Anwar and for the girls I like Carrie and Mikala (however she spells her name!).

Hello to all my Floozie pals!

Love,
Cheryl

P.S. My detail "home" was extended for two more weeks! Yea!
Closed Thread