Old 02-24-2005, 07:00 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #98

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:03 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and make time for you!

morning girls! I am finally feeling like I am on the permanent mend. I am even leaving the house today and haven't left it since a week ago Monday.

Carri: You take great care. The stuff going around is nasty.

Carri
Amanda

Everyone have a spectacular day today!

Faye
Old 02-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Hi Girls, well I am definitely not feeling any better today, actually worse...I do not know how I am sitting here at work, I have alot of meds and thank God that I am off tomorrow for a three day weekend, because I could not make it one more day, the sneezing, the head pain, the snot, ughh sorry
I guess the plus is that I do not have much of an appetite so should have a good loss

Faye- So glad that you are feeling better, enjoy your outing!!

Amanda, Nikki, Julie, Sandy - Hi to all, if I do not get back in this weekend make sure you have a good one!!!!

Later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 05:29 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - am snowed in here so I can't walk or go for a swim, so it's my exercise bike every night till the big thaw!

CARRI - Get yourself into bed girl, it sounds like you shouldn't be at work. Hope you feel better soon.

FAYE - Glad you have turned a corner and are finally on the mend. I bet it did you lots of good just to get out of the house for a bit.

SANDY - WTG you on treating yourself and deciding to schedule some time just for you! I am sure it will do you the world of good both mentally and physically.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:12 AM   #5  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friends and Family Friday. Call, visit or do something special with your family or friends.

Amanda

Amanda: I don't think I have ever heard you say you were snowed in before!

Everyone have a great day and weekend

**REMEMBER: JUST A FEW MORE DAYS TO WEIGH IN AND MARCH GOALS!

Faye
Old 02-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #6  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Another 4 points for me yesterday! I suppose I should give myself a WTG as I am now doing 35 minutes on the bike instead of 30 - those extra 5 mins are tough, but I am sure they will be worth it.

FAYE - Well when I say 'snowed in', I actually mean a couple of inches!! It always brings the city (and country) to a complete standstill as we are never prepared for it! I look out the window this morning and alot of it has thawed already, so hopefully if it continues then I may be able to get to the pool tomorrow.

I am looking forward to Tuesday when I will weigh and measure - I am hoping for a good loss, and to beat my January 5lbs - but who knows? I did have a wobbly week with PMS/TOM and february is a short month, so I'll just have to wait and see! We've all got 4 more days to try to shave off another inch or drop another pound - I'm going all out for it!

Have a good day all

Love Amanda x
Old 02-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #7  

Default Ready to Have Some Serious Fun

Hi,

I'm Jana noticed your thread today. I like having a topic every day. Friday is the day I have been checking my weight. Today I’m 5 LBS down!

I started low carbing 22 day ago I have not strayed even though today I had to make Potato Soup, Lemon Poppy Seed Cake & Frosted Brownies for our monthly Soup and Sandwich fund raiser for our new Parish Hall. The soup really was very tempting. Good thing I can only have liquids for 2 days, I had a tooth pulled Yesterday because the cap come off, I had a root canal done years ago so the tooth so it could not be saved.

I have not Started exercising yet, I know it time. I guess I need motivation and that should not be hard. I know I will drop pounds faster, dress sizes and thighten up the flab quicker if I start.

Time to go and set up for the dinner we are little light on help today. Every one have a good week-end have some fun.

Jan

Last edited by Jana; 02-25-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #8  

Amanda You are doing mega fabulous sweety!

Jana: Welcome to the group. tell us a little about you! We changed our Friday weigh in because people were becoming kind of down when they didn't lose every week. We have a monthly goal that I keep on a spreadsheet for everyone and you are welcome to join in with that. Congrate on the lbs loss.

I am feeling better, but this stuff is still running through my system and it makes it uncomfortable. Jack is taking me out on a date tonight to see Man of the House so I hope I don't have a coughing jag from laughing as I have been peeing my pants when I cough hard. Guess the old lady needs to work on the kagles, huh????

Everyone have a spectacular weekend

Faye
Old 02-26-2005, 08:22 AM   #9  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Anything you have to tell us to brighten our day today?

How are all the girlies today? I am getting there little by little, but still experiencing nausea and some diahrrea from the cold running through my system, which isn't fun. Still have some cough and congestion but a LOT better than I was.

If you are movie goers, go see Man of the House. It is cute. We had a nice time last night though dinner upset my stomach and was only a sandwich and soup. Since we had a BIG mess with Walmart.com about a treadmill I ordered, we are going out today and buy one at the store. I have wanted one for a long time since everything is an uphill walk here and tough on my knee.

Hope everyone has a terrific Saturday

Faye
Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #10  

Hi everybody!
I've missed you all..........haven't been around cuz we're trying to get DSL here. I got the box, got it configured, but tech support can't figure out why the stupid thing isn't working! So I'm back on dial-up until they can get back to me.

Sorry everyone is feeling so sick. Guess it's that time of year, huh. I'm feeling fine physically...except that I realized last night after eating 3 pieces of take out pizza and birthday cake (Ben turned 6) that I've totally blown another month this year! I was so bloated and sick with indigestion last night I couldn't sleep. I don't know what's wrong with me. I can't seem to hang on to my motivation for more than a few days anymore. I'm not exercising enough. I'm eating too much and total crap. Part of it is the weather. I'm just ready for spring. But there's something else going on, and I'm not sure what it is.

It's sunny today, and not too too cold (I think it's like f20) so I'm going to make myself go walking or skiing. I need the sunshine badly! I also have to dance every day this week because I have a show on next Sunday and another one the week after and then another in April and another in June. There's nothing worse than having to bellydance when you're depressed about your weight! So, I have to work on my attitude hard.

I've gotten too far behind to do individuals...except AMANDA--Woohoo......you're gonna have some major pounds down this month.

WELCOME to Jan! Tell us more about yourself...

Talk to you all soon.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:47 AM   #11  

Default More about Jan

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Today the sun is shining its 16.5 degree's outside and it not snowing or raining and that’s a good thing.

I live in northeastern Michigan 12 miles form the town hopefully some day we will sell this house and build another home on Gerald's grandmothers homestead that is 22 miles from town.

I’ve been married to Gerald for 35 years we have three wonderful children, Jason 32, Leslie 31, and Aaron 20.

Jason married to Audra they have out 1st and only grandchild Madison 41/2 and they are expecting another daughter the end of May.

Leslie has a S.O. she is very happy with her new life. Leslie was married for 2 1/2 years it just about destroyed her as a result she dose not want any children or to be married again. We are ok with that as long as Leslie’s is happy.

Aaron is our wild child he keep us young and on our toes. Yesterday he called, guess what Mom I got my ears Pierced, your ears priced, no my ear, that our Aaron. Aaron attends a local commiuty college and works 35 to 40 hours a week in the meat department at a local IGA store. Needless to say we do not see him.

For the better part of my married life I have been a stay at home mom and did and still do catering on the week-ends with my husband and a few good employees, now that our children our living down state.

I work at a machine Embroidery shop 3 days a week. Gerald has worked for a Local Power Company for 34 years.

I enjoy reading, sewing, cross-stitching, movies, painting, being with our families and cooking.

In April I am going to have a cornea transplant in my right eye, while I’m not crazy about having any kind of surgery I’m looking forward to seeing better and doing things I can not do now.

I am low carbing and have low carb on and off for about 4 years. I have come to realize that even one bite of refined sugar, potatoes, white flour etc. will put me back on the sugar roll a coaster. I’m very serious about this low carb eating. I feel so much better than I did three weeks ago; I do not what to go back to being tired with no energy. Now there are many very good recipes for the low carb community that taste good it makes it easier to stay on the plan.

Jan

Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #12  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - we had a little treat and ordered a takeaway curry, so I'm guessing that took me over my cals for the day. I never know how many cals to estimate when I have a curry - I'm lucky that I don't like creamy ones which are the most fattening!

The snow is gone - yay! I was able to go swimming today for the first time in a week. It was great and I swam for 40 minutes instead of my usual 30 mins.

FAYE - A treadmill will be great for you - it was always my favourite piece of equipment at the gym.

JULIE - Hope Ben had a fab birthday! Sorry you've been struggling - like you say, you need to sit down and really work out what is stopping you from reaching your goal.

JAN - Hello and welcome to our group - you are most welcome! congrats on the 5lb loss! I am calorie counting and could never stick to a low carb diet. I am a strict vegetarian and carbs are very important to my diet. I agree with you about refined 'white foods' though - I always have wholemeal bread and pasta and prefer it anyway. Faye has a copy of all our introductions which she will post - they are a bit old and I haven't got round to updating mine yet - mine says I'm 30, when infact I am 32 in 2 weeks time!

Enjoy your weekend ladies,

Love Amanda x
Old 02-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies!

I got to go skiing alone for over an hour yesterday. All that sunshine and exercise has me feeling much better today. I also ate well. I'm dehydrated, though. So, I guess I had a 3 point day.

I've decided that coffee without cream is NASTY!!! So, here I am drinking tea in the morning. Still trying to kick the cream habit. I know I must have been drinking at least 300 calories a day just with the cream in my coffee. None of the other substitutes taste good to me, so I'm off the coffee at least for a while. My stomach lining needs a break from all the acid anyway...so, black tea still has caffeine and there are so many yummy flavors now. I hope I can just give up coffee altogether.

Jan, it's good to meet you and learn about you. 35years of marriage! You might just beat Faye on that one....not sure. She and Jack have been together forever too! I'm a stay at home mom trying to work on a writing career. I'm also a belly dance teacher and performer. I've been married for almost 13 years. I have 3 kids 11, 10 and 6.

Amanda--Glad you got to go swimming!

Gotta go now. I'm planning to actually do some sewing today. It's been forever.....

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #14  

ladies, we are out of town and only have the laptop, which i have trouble with the keyboard so....

i will be home this afternoon and post a better thingy. no poll today

faye
Old 02-28-2005, 08:24 AM   #15  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is staying on plan all week long. Let's try hard to stay on our individual plans.

WEEKEND POINTS:

Amanda
Julie

Jan: I have always been the old lady of the group. Nice to see someone more my age I grew up in Northern Indiana (South Bend area) and my sister and son and dil still live in the South Bend area. If you live in the north east part of Michigan, imagine you stayed snowy a lot! lol Here is a little bit about our group (though it may be a little old as far as age and stuff is concerned, mine is up to date):

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 51, have been married 32 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 31 who got married April 10, 2004, and Kelly, who is 27, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who will be 5 in June. We live in Memphis now, but were in the Navy for 20 years and moved all over the place. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am stay at home, but plan on starting my own candle business in the fall. My husband Jack, works for the city of Memphis.

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 30 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Everyone have a great day. I am going to try and clean my upstairs today though I am not well enough to do the last spring cleaning room. Hope you all have a great day

Faye