Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #1  
Princess of Goshorn

Default Queen of the Beach Week of 2/21

Hello Princesses-Well, I can now write a guide to the Best and Worst bathrooms in the greater Grand Rapids area!

If you have completed Stage 1 of the challenge you can proudly call yourself a Beer Belly Babe!!

Next is:
Second Stage - Cover up Cutie - Now its time to eat right!
Criteria:
a) Continue Stage I requirement
b) Follow everyday the eating plan that you have chosen
c) Complete the Mini Challenge

REMEMBER: This stage is for 3 WEEKS! If you mess up, you have to go back to the beginning of your current week and begin it over. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN NOT HAVE YOUR FAVORITE COOKIE. It means you have to budget it in with your calorie range/ point range or what ever plan you are following. Now if that cookie or burger or corn dog cost you to go out of your range or go out of your plan… well than you start over.

This weeks Mini Challenge:
You must try a new recipe. If you enjoyed the recipe please post it so that others may try it. If available list the nutritional values. If you do not cook try a new product that is acceptable on your food plan and write a review of it.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Have a good week on the Beach!
Carole

Last edited by Ivana B. Thin; 02-22-2005 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:41 PM   #2  
Princess of Goshorn

My plan of choice will be Weight Watchers Flex plan.

Last edited by Ivana B. Thin; 02-20-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:58 PM   #3  

Ivana,
I'm not doing a specific diet, just basically cutting out carbs, except alcohol ;-) including most fruits until I get closer to my goal, and adding a whey protein drink for breakfast. I can have a carb if it is not with a fat (ie potato and butter) - it's sort of based on the Somersize diet - Poolboy and I did it a couple of years ago and did pretty good - just didn't stick with it - imagine that!

My question, how do I determine if I've messed up and have to start over? Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #4  

Amen to "Being fat is harder than any diet!!!" That's an important reminder when I get tempted!
Old 02-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

I too do not follow a published plan. But I do want to develop some guidelines that I can follow. I'll be thinking about it today. Maybe I'll just start with jotting down what I eat. Every time I've done that before, I've gotten bogged down in details of calories and fat and weighing stuff and of course, I have quit doing it because who's got time for that? So this will have to be just a list of what I eat with certain minimums and maximums.

Good luck to you all!

Kiwi, Official Beer Belly Babe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:21 AM   #6  
Princess of Goshorn

Anita-I think journaling would be a great program to follow. Set a goal of journaling your food intake everyday. This way you can figure what food triggers a binge, if you are eating too many carbs, fats, etc and how your body reacts to the different foods.
Carole
Old 02-22-2005, 10:09 AM   #7  

Thanks, Ivana, that sounds like a good idea. They have alot of good resources on this site and I think an online journal was one of them - I'll have to check that out.

Another successful Beer Belly Babe/Queen of the Beach in training!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #8  

Hi, My plan for this category is fairly simple - 2 fruit, 3 1/2 C servings of veg and only low fat snacks. I made up a chart that will eventually include the the whole program for tracking...
Tried a variation of the new following recipe tonight - was good
Chicken – Mango Wrap

1 C diced plum tomato 1C diced/peeled Mango ¼ C diced red bell pepper
¼ C diced red onion ¼ C chopped fresh cilantro 3 T fresh lime juice
1 T minced/seeded jalapeno pepper 1/8 tsp salt Dash of black pepper

1. Combine above ingredients in a bowl. Let stand at room temp. for 30 minutes

8 (7 in) fat free flour tortillas 3 C shredded cooked chix breast
½ C low-fat sour cream 2 C thinly sliced red cabbage

2. Warm tortillas according to package directions
3. Combine chicken and ½ tsp salt. Spread 1 T sour cream over each tortilla. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas; top each with ¼ C mango mixture and ¼ C cabbage. Roll tortillas over mixture, and serve seam side down. Yield 8 servings

Calories 245 (14% from fat); FAT 3.9 g (sat 1.7g, mono 1/2 g. poly 0.6g) PROTEIN 20.2g: CARB 32g; FIBER 2.2g: CHOL 50mg: IRON 1.8mg: SODIUM 573 mg: CALC 40mg
Old 02-23-2005, 10:21 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Cool recipe.

Well, I have to start this week over. Yesterday I went to McD's for a late lunch, skipped dinner and ate candy at the basketball game (h.s. tournament week), then pigged out when I got home. Ahem, I don't think that followed my eating plan.

Today was much better. So. Day one. And onward.

Kiwi
Old 02-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #10  
Princess of Goshorn

DC-That sounds so good! You know, I have never bought a mango. How do you know if it is ripe?

Ki-I'm glad you picked yourself up and got going again!!!!! I know I'll see you on the beach!

Ivana aka Carole
Old 02-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #11  
Princess of Goshorn

I found this recipe. I have not tried it yet but hope to make it tonight and have some ready in the morning. I need fast food in the morning as I don't give myself alot of time to wake up. So I will leave a review after I make them.
Carole
.................................................. .................................................. ...

Eggs - Vegetable Quiche Cups to Go

Ingredients:

1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
3/4 cup liquid egg substitute
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
1/4 cup diced onions
3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)

Instructions
Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.

Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. DO NOT NUKE THEM IT THE FOIL BAKING CUPS. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used.

Notes:
Nutritional Information:
77 calories
3 total fat (2 g sat)
10 mg cholesterol
3 g carbohydrate
9 g protein
2 g fiber
160 mg sodium
Old 02-24-2005, 10:00 AM   #12  

The Quiche cups sounds great! I am going to have to make those this weekend! I am also going to be doing the WW Flex Plan as my plan for this--including the 35 flex points, because I will need them to start out! I am still in stage 1 though since I started late. Drinking the water makes me feel a lot better than drinking pop. I have to schedule my drinking though around the students specials and breaks otherwise I am stuck!

Still looking for a good new recipe. Here is a standby-through-it-in-the-crockpot recipe!

White Chili
1 jar Great Northern Beans
1 can of chicken
1 jar of salsa
1 can reduced sodium chicken broth

I rinse everything before I put it in the crockpot.
Then I turn it on and go to work. 1 cup is 2 WW points. I also add reduced fat cheese and sour cream and have the baked tortilla chips!
Old 02-27-2005, 08:46 PM   #13  
Princess of Goshorn

I tried the Quiche Cups. Next time I make them I will add a little salt and cut back on the spinach. But they truned out pretty good. I threw them in the freezer so I have a quick fast food breakfast in the am.

Ma- I have been looking for that recipe but couldn't find it. Thanks.
Carole
Closed Thread