Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Roxy

Talking Moms Losing Weight #56-Saturday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.

(michellejy) Chelle: 29 yo SAHM to Sage (8), newly married to a wonderful man and looking to lose about 100 pounds. Losing weight through by sticking with a low-calorie, low-fat diet and exercising
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #2  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning all of you lovely Ladies!

I am gonna post early, get a bunch of things done today, then have a game day with the girls! Probably "sorry!"! They love sending me back! Listen I'm not trying to tell you a tale or anything but I just had to share this with you. I am keeping my measurements so I have a good record of my losses to compare with on a monthly basis. Now I didn't really lose a whole lot in waist and hips. I measures my thigh and lost 1 1/2 in. in one thigh! Well, the other one too! Since last month! I am so excited! I wanted to cry, really, I couldn't believe it! Maybe this is like starting off on a diet very heavy and losing alot fast, but for me, who just was growing bigger, the decrease was so motivating! The burning and pain was worth it! I have to do my cardio today but that's it and take a walk. So I'm off easy today yesterday I punished my self with the Chico!

Jen- I don't know what to say , I can't believe how horrible of a time it is for you. Don't wait, hon, go to get some temp. help! Please, don't let them take your stuff. Oh I'm praying for you!!!! You forgot to tell the girls that you also have another bad tooth! On the otherside this time. Not thinking of yourself now are you?

I'll be back later, inbetween stuff....
Old 02-26-2005, 10:07 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Roxy

Oh btw, someone please tell me how to center images in the middle of a post!
Old 02-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #4  

I'm having a great day with my daughter today. We spent last night unpacking boxes and getting things together to donate to charity. Sadly enough, over a year and a half after moving into this house, we still have boxes that aren't unpacked. I'm really motivated to get rid of as much stuff as possible right now because we are trying to make room in our finished basement for a furnace. When we chose this house, we promised Sage she could use it as a play room, but unfortunately, it's too cold in the winter. We've also moved our computers down here so it's pretty miserable to spend any length of time down here actually using them.

Jen- I'm so sorry you are going through all of that. While I was going through a divorce, I had a really similar situation (in danger of losing my house and a soon to be ex who stopped paying any portion of the bills so I was left with everything). Don't be afraid to ask the people who love you for help when you need it. It was very hard for me to accept money from anyone, but I had to put what was best for my daughter ahead of my pride. There are a lot of consumer credit agencies, but most places are more than willing to work with you if you call to make payment arrangements directly. Anyway, if you need some advice from someone who has been there, you are more than welcome to send me an email or a pm.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all...
I've been up since 6, but finally am getting around to posting. Tiana had her game this morning so had to get all of them out of bed early and drag them with me.

Jeniqua-I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time too. I've been there and its not a great place to be. I wish I had tons of money to send you. I'm just sorry its going so rough for you. We took out a home equity loan to pay off all our medical and credit cards...now we get to pay the loan off. I'm happy that you're getting some money back from the good ol IRS. That'll help some. Keep your chin up, the bad times only last for a while. There is a bit of sunshine coming.

Roxy-Are your girls driving you nuts today? Mine our still on their continual path to fighting. I'm mastering the art of tuning it all out but I just wish I knew what to do about it. I could discipline til the cows come home and they just don't care.

MichelleJ-Hey lady? Unpacking? We've been in our house for 2 yrs now and I still have stuff to unpack too. I'm scared to take and open any boxes...too much cluttery stuff.

Slow day on here huh? I suppose to be NICE to the hubby, I'll get out the screwdriver and assemble the cabinets for my sewing room. It's so nice out that later I just may take the little people to the park or go for a walk or something to run off this energy they've had stored up for so long...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:12 PM   #6  
Shake Your Booty!

Morning well I should say Afternoon everyone!

Been busy around the house the past few days, doing heavy duty cleaning, my husband thinks I've lost my mind! LOL I'm so mad we were supposed to get all this dang snow and my IL's didn't come up (they are in NC we are in PA) because of it and its sunny here today.

Roxy~Glad your getting out awhile, how are all the kids doing?
Michelle~I hate packing AND Unpacking, hope you get things done
Penny~Hiya!
Jen~Sorry to hear of your troubles, I hope things get worked out soon and your DH is is able to get his surgery so he's feeling better.
Chris~keeping busy today it seems, hope your sewing room is looking just beautiful
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

I have a wonder question for everyone.

How tall are you?

I myself am 5 ft. 8 inches.

Just bored I guess and looking at everybody's tickers wondering if my goal weight is acceptable for my height.

~chris
Old 02-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #8  
Shake Your Booty!

I'm 5'4
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #9  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi- just popping in inbetween stuff. Ds is doing a fantastic job cleaning my front porch! I still have some bedrooms that my little fairies didn't clean up. If I have to step on another lego...And I am still doing some laundry. I feel like the hamster on the wheel sometimes! BTW- Chris_ I am 5'3. Lil' teapot-short and stout!
Old 02-26-2005, 05:30 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyL
Been busy around the house the past few days, doing heavy duty cleaning, my husband thinks I've lost my mind! LOL I'm so mad we were supposed to get all this dang snow and my IL's didn't come up (they are in NC we are in PA) because of it and its sunny here today.
I'm in PA too, and I skipped driving to Ohio to see my family this weekend since the weather was supposed to be so bad. Now it's sunny and the snow is melting, and I'm at home another weekend.

By the way, I'm about 5'5" (or maybe it's 5'6", I always forget since I used to mistakenly believe I was 5'7" )
Old 02-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies...

Just checking in

Hi Roxy, MichelleJ, Chrissy, Chris

I'm 5'3" I believe.

Jeniqua,
I am soooo sorry to hear you are having a ruff time! Please let us know if there is anything we can do!

I'll talk you you all later on.
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Am I the Jolly Green Giant or what? Hope ya all are having a good day. Me and my 3 dd's went to some thrift stores and messed around all afternoon, but I got 5 pairs of jeans for Tiana and only had to spend $7.00. Can't beat that. Of course, I can never find anything for myself. No one carries things my size, esp. for these long legs of mine.

Well off to have dinner at my MIL's. Should be fun with the overtired cranky children. All of them were up since 6:30 this a.m. Early morning. Hopefully they sleep in tomorrow morning.

~chris
Old 02-27-2005, 08:07 AM   #13  

Roxy, congrats onthe loss in those thighs..THat is awesome news... BTW, to center the image, just highlight it and click the center text button.

Chris, cool about the deal on the close for dd. I love a bargain! I'm 5.5...abit under

Jeniqua, I'm so happy you are getting a refund. THat's great. I know you were so concered about paying last week when we were IM'img. See, that's one light in the tunnel for you. How is dh?? I hope he's improving. I'm sure you and the kids miss him soo much!

Chrissy and Michellej............HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO. Michelle, sorry it's so cold in your basement. Get one of those space heater things. they work great for that kind of stuff..
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

OMG you guys I lost 2.4 lbs this week!! I'm so happy but I can't write much now I'm at work, I'll post my scale pic when I get home oh and I want to show you a profile pic, I definately noticed some changes in my body lately, I'm so happy I could cry!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Thanks for sticking by me I wouldn't be able to do this without all of you!!
I love you guys!!!
Michelle (one very happy girl)
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmcc99
Chrissy and Michellej............HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO. Michelle, sorry it's so cold in your basement. Get one of those space heater things. they work great for that kind of stuff..
I've tried two different space heaters down here. My basement is huge and has glass doors leading to the outside as well as another door that the people before us put a dog door in. The last space heater we used started smoking

On my happy note, I lost another .5 today. Yippee! Now I'm just trying to nag my hubby into spending some time with us this weekend instead of working all weekend again