View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #10
Karen
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, I'm Karen. I'm 44 soon to be 45 (June) I've been married for 3 years although we've been together for 12 (he says he had to be sure ) I don't have any children of my own but I have 2 stepchildren. DSS is 21 and DSD is 18. I have my sweet puppy Scooter and his kitty Buoy..
I've had a weight issue for as long as I can remember. I got up to 180 pounds after my Mother passed away two years ago and have been fighting it ever since. I went to visit my SIL and she had joined LAWL. She inspired me to go to a local weight loss center when I got back home and I lost 30 pounds. I wasn't learning how to eat though and gained about 15 pounds back. I decided to give LAWL a try last March after my SIL did so well. She lost 75 pounds. My starting weight was 161 and I got down to 148 at one point last August. Then I lost my job and my house (I was a resident manager) and then moved to the Lake (the move there was the best part) then the house flooded because of a defective part in the plumbing. I'm still dealing with all the repairs from that. So, I was doing alot of stress eating and gained all the way back up to 176.4 (January 3, 2005) weight. (that's 15.4 above my original starting weight with LA) But anyway, I'm back to work and everything is hunky dorey again.. Well, if I could just get this weight off. I started an exercise routine yesterday that hopefully I can stick with. All I know is that I don't want to be fat at 45 and I won't be...I guess that's enough about me....

"If you keep doing the same things, you will keep getting the same results"

Karen is offline   Reply With Quote