Old 02-24-2005, 07:55 AM   #1  

Default Moms Losing Weight # 54

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 20 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching

Jeniqua ~ 28 y.o married 6 years to Joe, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4, JT 2. I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I am currently on the SBD to help me reach my goal.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies

Not sure what happened to me yesterday but I had a bad eating day
But I have to pick back up and keep going... that is what life is all about right?

How is everyone doing?

You are all doing soooo awesome on the challenge! Can't wait for the weekend to see all the losses! WOOHOO!

Gotta go get everyone up and Adam! Have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:48 AM   #3  

Good morning, all. It's snowing like crazy today so my daughter is on a 2 hour delay (but I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel school), and my husband is working from home.

I guess it's time for me to go get some breakfast now.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #4  
I will suceed!!!

Morning everyone. Snowing there, Michellej, and raining here....wet all around! LOL.

This is just a morning flyby for me, I am really paying for the exercise I did yesterday, of which I still haven't reported at the challange, but that's my next stop. My legs are killing me! Oh well, I hope everyone has a great day. BBL
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 PM   #5  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Michelle,
Sorry ya'll are snowed in

Tabitha,
Congrats on the exercise!

Jeniqua,
I am saying some prayers for dh!

Mel,
Happy Bday to your sis! Have a great time!

I am trying to get some work done... see how much I am doing eh? LOL

Ok back to work again Have a great day!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 PM   #6  
a.k.a. Roxy

Afternoon Ladies,
I had one home sick and was called by the school to pick up another one, I took our two seater lil' pickup and sure enough by the time I got there I had another one! So we all squeezed in for home! I get home and Katie yells at me, "Martin threw up everywhere!!!!" (great!) They just left him in it too and I just finished scrubbing playpen and baby down! Me Oh my, I guess I have too much time on my hands...giggle.

Jen- I am praying for Dh!!! My goodness, they must know you at the ER by first name now,huh?

Mel-thanks for being my special trainer! It is easier for me when I have someone else to do it with me. I worked hard last night after you left and went to bed tired. No sleeping pills for me! I only had a few more left before I am out of exercises on the challenge so maybe I'll do as many today and finish them off, and just do my cardio and chico Friday, and just do cardio on Sat. Then start off with the hard ones again for next week!

I think since I am so behind, I'll be back later to get personal with y'all, but for now I better try and catch up! TTYL
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #7  

Well, it's 3:00 in the afternoon now, and I didn't get a workout in. I've spent much more of the day than I care to admit putting together a revolving DVD holder. Does it count as exercise to move some 70 pound piece of furniture over and over while putting it together?
Old 02-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #8  

Hello Penny, michellej and Roxy and Tabitha,

Michellej, sorry about the snow. We have some here too. what state are you in?
Roxy, so sorry about all the sickies. Poor Martin in the playpen! Thanks for exercising with me last night. It's fun1

Tabitha,...Hello!
Old 02-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #9  
Shake Your Booty!

Afternoon Ladies Busy day around here, kids got out of school early because of the snow, so then I ran to the grocery store. Now I have the 2 youngest fighting like mad! I must have missed a post somewhere I hope Jen and her DH are OK...

Roxy~hope the kids are feeling better very soon and not everyone in the house gets sick!

No exercise for me yet, the kids LTBO yesterday watching me, so I'm waiting for DH to get home and we'll work out in the basement, I"ll do my leg lifts and shoulders tonight.

Have a good day all
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 05:09 PM   #10  

Chris, you didn't miss a post. Jeniqua told me on an IM and I told PEnny! He has pneumonia and is having his tonsils removed.

Sorry everyone for my lame posts this week. DD is off from school and I have been keeping them busy with being out of the house. Haven't even been to the gym this week. I have been doing all my work at home. I bought myself resistance bands, a stability/balance ball and a new jump robe. I won't be able to use the jump rope until I can use it outside. My house would be shaking.. I can do them at the gym though. they have them there. Anyway, today was my sister's bday...22... so I went there before the snow to see her. Hope everyone is having a good day. BBl I think. If not. bbt
Old 02-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #11  

Where is everyone!!!!!!!??????????????????
Old 02-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #12  

Default Personal catch up post.....

I just wanted to say thanks to all who sent me the prize winnings from the last challenge. Here's what I got with the money. I got a pilates Stabilty ball with resistance band and vhs..14.99.. I got a JumpRope 2.99....I also got a set of multiresistant resistance bands with dvd...12.99. So all and all it was about 30 bucks. I figured I should use the money toward more workout stuff...lol.. NOT FOOD or junk....

Anyway, I'm wondering where everyone is today? I know my kids are off school, maybe more people are off too. Dh is off tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be getting on here much. I'll be around, but I really need to squeeze in some time with him. He'll be shoving snow and has an eye dr appt in the afternoon. I think I am gonna deduct another point for eating today. I tried to be good, but that darn birthday cake was there. I ate a small piece then had a sliver more and then I finished patricks' tiny piece too. ALL and all I was probably the equivalent to 1 1/2 regular piece, but I still felt bad after eating it. I'm up a darn pound this morning too. Oh boy, the deductions from the points on the challenge. I'd better get some exercise in tomorrow in the ADDitional colomn. Maybe dh will watch the kids so I can go on my own, but with the snow, I probably won't be able to go anyway. Oh ........it figures.

Has anyone seen Jeniqua online today? I was wondering how her dh was doing. I'm worried about them.

Chris, how's your mother feeling>? How r u doing with the kids today? Still pulling your hair out? HOpe it's a better day!

Kristin, your Yahoo Buddy still say's zzzzzzzzzzzzz all day. I doubt you've been sleepin all day. Where r ya? Is syd still exercising with you? Abigail has been working out with me every day and I went on ebay and ordered her a kids workout video. I thought she'd like it.

Jill, did you get to Pilates class thie morn? I know you've been soo busy too.
when we get back to the gym, it's gonna really beat us up..

Michelle P, No post today?? What r u up to? School stuff I'm sure.

Penny, have fun at the meeting tonight!

Ok, well, I'm gonna empty my dishwasher and then get some exercise in. Gonna do resistance work and some fly's. If anyone want to workout with me....I'll be back ...catch me on Yahoo...........
Old 02-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #13  
I will suceed!!!

It's been a long day here. Kids into everything, and I am just worn out today. I am taking a day off from exercise, but getting some housework done, so it's really not a day off....LOL, never do we have days off do we?

Anyway, Mel, it sounds like you went all out. Glad you got more exercise stuff. That's what I would do, actually. I don't have room for a piece of equipment, but videos, a variety of different workout styles, and resistance bands, and a stability ball, that would be the way I would go.

I hope everyone is having a good day.
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:35 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay..I left my excuses on the MLW site and now I'm going to leave it here too. I am catching a nasty cold. I really don't feel good and I've lost my voice. OH well.

Jeniqua's dh has pneumonia again? My gosh...I hope he gets better. Kind of weird.

Melissa-Looks like you have fun shopping with your winnings. Someday I'd like to win a contest. I have never ever won anything in my life. If that ain't sick, I don't know what is.

Roxy-You poor honey. I would be going nuts with all those sick little ones. I get 2 down at the same time and I'm crazy. It's just insane when one is throwing up and you just get that all taken care of then the next one does it and then the first one does it again....Hey you get the picture.

Chrissy-Lots of snow huh? I'm waiting for some around here. I love snow...just not the cold that goes with it.

Tabitha-Sounds like you could be a little sore huh? At least its a good sore.

Chelle-How's things in your world? A revolving dvd holder...????? I think that would qualify for weights or at least some sort of resisitance training...

OKay...need to go collapse on the couch. Talk to you all later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmcc99
Hello Penny, michellej and Roxy and Tabitha,

Michellej, sorry about the snow. We have some here too. what state are you in?
I'm in PA. We were supposed to have 4 inches today, and the tv said we'd already had 3" by 11:00, and it was still going strong. I stopped keeping track after that.